Player
    Character
    Dalimin Dataru
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80

An Event that isn't a Screenshot Contest

What ever happened to the other FFXIV community events that isn't solely a screenshot contest?

I remember a variety of events back in FFXIV 1.0;
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/f...32-Past-Events
    -short stories/writing
    -poems
    -arts and crafts
    -voice acting
    -pumpkin carving

ARR has been out for roughly 8 months, if you line that up with FFXIV 1.0 release, they still had a larger variety with their measly 4 events spanning from Sept 2011~April 2012.

I know ZAM stopped hosting the pumpkin carving ones as well, which is a bit disappointing.

Or when they were actually curating the entries;
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...est-Winners%21
    Or with ARR's curation by votes with on "XIII Days";
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...%29-Winners%21

Sure, we had the one FC recruitment youtube video event, but we all know how the curators' pick went down for that one...
    (18)

Thanks for the feedback, lackofwords!
    I can tell from your word choice that you're very passionate about this and we'll definitely keep it in mind going forward.

At the very least, I feel that the screenshot contests being coupled with the in-game seasonal events is important as that allows for a large amount of players to take part in.
    However, it's definitely a good idea to mix it up and we have been discussing this internally as well. Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about this.

(As an aside, I removed the "petition" part of your thread title, as we do not make responses just because the word "petition" is used.)
    (48)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    (As an aside, I removed the "petition" part of your thread title, as we do not make responses just because the word "petition" is used.)
    Awesome, Bayohne.

Oh yeah, the idea is good too, specially poetry. Unfortunately, only for the northern hemisphere as usual.
    (6)
    "Absurdity is the only reality."
    ~Frank Zappa

Player
    Character
    M'hihiro Amariyo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Despite the fact that this is no longer a "petition" thread (awwww....;___ I still second what the OP says.

Im an artist, and FF14 has been a great muse source in my work lately. I would very much like to beable to partake in a contest
    that is challenging to my own craft.

Also- more cosplay contests would be nice as well! The mi'qote and chocobo cosplayers who won are pretty well loved in the FF cosplaying communities. I suck at cosplay myself, but I would love to beable to see more things like this! <3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'kael Jin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 3
    At the very least, I feel that the screenshot contests being coupled with the in-game seasonal events is important as that allows for a large amount of players to take part in.
    However, it's definitely a good idea to mix it up and we have been discussing this internally as well. Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about this.
    Including as many people in these contests is nice, but variety allows for some amazing jaw-dropping works that screenshots simply don't. I can't compose; I can't draw well; I'm no good at writing fanfics; I can't cosplay; I can't craft, but I get excited any time I see other people's talents produce something great.

A couple of recent examples that were posted on Reddit:

Credit: http://www.reddit.com//user/enhwa

Credit: http://www.reddit.com/user/Kaomarston

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that, even though I may not be able to participate in those sort of contests, I would absolutely enjoy watching the submissions just as I enjoy poring over many of the amazing screenshots people take.
    (11)
    Last edited by Lyrinn; 03-20-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    -short stories/writing
    -poems
    -arts and crafts
    -voice acting
    -pumpkin carving

All this stuff is too hard to do for someone with no artistic talent. At least screenshot contests are a even playing field.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Riko Futatabi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrinn View Post
    Including as many people in these contests is nice, but variety allows for some amazing jaw-dropping works that screenshots simply don't. I can't compose; I can't draw well; I'm no good at writing fanfics; I can't cosplay; I can't craft, but I get excited any time I see other people's talents produce something great.

A couple of recent examples that were posted on Reddit:

Credit: http://www.reddit.com//user/enhwa

Credit: http://www.reddit.com/user/Kaomarston

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that, even though I may not be able to participate in those sort of contests, I would absolutely enjoy watching the submissions just as I enjoy poring over many of the amazing screenshots people take.
    OMG I HAVE TO RESPOND TO THIS IN CAPS LOL - "JOLLY CO-OPERATION" I LOVE IT
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hieroglyphic Pumpkin
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70
    Thanks for the feedback, lackofwords!
    I can tell from your word choice that you're very passionate about this and we'll definitely keep it in mind going forward.

Holy Magic, that was fast.
    But I can't wait for more contests as well. (also maybe something better then necklaces or earrings as prizes ^^)
    (0)

Don't mind me, I'm just posting my opinions on the internet and watching how people react to them.

Player
    Character
    Fusionx Griever
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    There are quite a few community sites for FFXIV that have been running contests that aren't screenshot contests. Several sites just gave away a video card and signed PC CE, Gamer Escape just did a contest that let entrants choose their type of entry (screenshot, video, poem etc). So there are definitely non-screenshot contests out there, you just have to look for them

That having been said, (as also said above) screenshot contests are easy because anyone can join them. They aren't dependent on drawing ability or video editing skills etc. It's quick and easy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aliane Redwyne
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    I for one, want a fanart contest, with more nice rewards, I won one on FFXI, the offical one just gave me a moogle rod =(, but one from FFXIwiki gave an awesome Darklord statue, awesome stuff.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast