Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    I''''''''l I''''''''l
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90

[Fun] Why do you use a female character?

Okay, so I don't know if there's already one post like this...

But I think it would be nice to allow people say why they use female characters while gaming! This could be the topic for it. We already know that a lot of the female chars are being controlled by male players.

So... Why do you have or use a female char? Let's explain reasons about it, see the curious reasons some people could have or the funniest ones, and laugh together!...Feel free to also comment what is the wierdest thing that happened to you because this or awkward situations/confussions with other players.

I'll start with my reason, I use a female character because they are awesomely cute, especially I like the Neko race and the small super omg cute lalafells. I don't even think in playing with a male because they are not my type, you see, and what I want to have in my screen every time is either a cute cat girl or a little small cute girl !

So, basically when I play in a game, I don't like the idea of try the boring way of 'representate myself' in a character, instead I like more the idea of that I'm helping a character that it's not me to grow, in this case, a female, always. Because that when people refers to my character as female and comment with things like "she" I don't correct them at all. But when I notice they refer to me as player, not directly the character, then I correct them...

Kind of confusing?

Post your own! There's a lot of people there with female chars after all!
    (7)
    Last edited by Adrian74; 03-18-2014 at 03:06 AM. Reason: The Limit Break

Player
    I do not like a lot of the male options. This is the case for most MMO's I have either played long term or just poked around in.

Granted I have seen more and more male combinations in XIV lately that I actually do like and wish I rolled as.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Ass over time -factor.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Daiza Auvec
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    My story is actually incredibly boring.

Previously, no matter the game I would make a male character and name him after myself or something unique, the last male character that was my main was Ovvou Auvec on the Ahazi server of SWG. After the NGE, I went back to WoW, where instead of playing my original mage, I decided to make a character to completely contrast him and I made Daiza, a human female paladin. Falling in love with Paladins, I made Daiza my main.

Since then, every game I've played my main has always been a female Paladin named Daiza. If I couldn't be a Paladin, I would be some sort of shield wielding melee class. Then I played this game where for whatever reason, I decided I would make Daiza a conjurer.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Terius Palemoon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Because I liked how they look in magic gear. I play healers and (rarely) magic dps and robes are usually what I have to work with.

Plus for FFXIV....well...Femroe, nuff said.

(11)

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Cool thread idea.

I play as a female character for three main reasons.

1. Kinda like you stated, you don't like to just traditionally create a character that's just like you. It's a fantasy game, so something totally different than me is much more fun.

2. I've always been drawn to the female characters, even back in the day with games like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter. I'm also more interested in female comic book characters over the males.

3. If every male played a male character, you would see the world of Eorzea with like 97% (just a guess) of the population as male.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Mila Allegretto
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    every game/mmo i've played males have had some retarded looking gear, or was pigeon holed out of gear due to gender (PSU i blame you for this :< ).

The only time i use a male character is for the monster hunter/dark souls series cause the male gear looks awesome in that game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    I've never played a female char in XIV but I did in other MMOs so I'll share those experiences. Most of the time clothes + nice looking female chars is why I did it. Who doesn't like to play dress-up, right? Even the rage-quitting burly men in this game have a closeted fetish to play dress-up with their nice dollies ;P Other reason, I make male chars 90% of the time so it's a nice change.
    (1)
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Yeah, the gear/appearance choices have something to do with it for me as well. So, I guess that could be a 4th reason

I look at gear sets like the Bard, Summoner or White Mage myth gear, and it just looks so much better on a female.
    (0)

Player

Because I'm a female! I picked elezen female because despise the weird proportions, they look strong and at the same time very womanly.

Its kind of ironic that I'm taking a hiatus from the game because of the way she looks in a way.. too many gross comments by one of my FC members sort of put me off playing meh.
    (7)

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast