Player
    Character
    Jaganshi Hiei
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

Mqke settings/UI/hptbar settings save to the server.

SE should make your settings and UI and hotbar save to the server like it did in FFXI instead of on your pc. because backing up on your pc is useless for those of us who switch between pc and ps3 (and soon ps4) I mean now I have all my classes/jobs set on my PC... Id love to be able to just press a button on the PS4 version and have all those settings and gear sets loaded on the PS4 instead of having to spend 30+ minutes setting everything up again.

SE did this on FFXI surely they can do it on XIV, anyone else thinks this is a necessary feature?
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Andros Dyrstwyrn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    They said they will try to do it in time for PS4 launch.

I think on next letter we will have some insight about it, or maybe just wait for the phase 2 PS4 beta test, when players will be able to use their existing characters with the PS4 on live servers.
    Just less than 3 weeks. (4-7 april)

I do hope it will be available, tons of macros, or just some UI configs will mean more than 30mns time just to reconfigure
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Itseotle Irracido
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    I personally would rather have more ability to customize UI elements. Its frustraiting me to no end that I cannot pull the cast bar off the target display, and why can't we have a party list that looks more like our alliance lists? Also, resizing elements on predetermined scales? Common SE =(

As for saving your own settings, there stored in your My Documents/My Games/FFXIV folder, so people with a little tech savviness can already migrate there settings via USB or cloud.
    (1)
    Lodestone Profile
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2183636/

Player
    Character
    Jaganshi Hiei
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    umm that would work for migrating save from one pc to another via usb or cloud yeah i can do that too.. but im talking about transferring from pc to ps3/ps4 or ps3/ps4 to pc
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tomba Labomba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaliss View Post
    [...]They said they will try to do it in time for PS4 launch.[...]
    Sadly it has been quiet on the front since this and we are only a few weeks away. I also hope for the next live letter. I need to know it a tad in advance because if they don't support us with import options or even better with storing all this kind of data on their servers, I need to make a boat load of screenshots in advance lol. If I really have to set everything up again from scratch, we are talking about 2-3 hours at least. *shrugs*
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Andros Dyrstwyrn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTom1968 View Post
    Sadly it has been quiet on the front since this and we are only a few weeks away. I also hope for the next live letter. I need to know it a tad in advance because if they don't support us with import options or even better with storing all this kind of data on their servers, I need to make a boat load of screenshots in advance lol. If I really have to set everything up again from scratch, we are talking about 2-3 hours at least. *shrugs*
    I do agree that it will take that much time and furthermore new customization on PS4 due to more options available.
    If nothing announced I know what I will do during the phase 2 beta test.

cheers

Maybe i ll create a linkeshell : discuss while setting up your UI & macros on PS4
    (0)

Character
    Randolont Althoreaux
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    The issue is Sony's stance on saving files to and from their consoles. That alone keeps PC to PS3/4 unlikely. I recall the dev response saying something along the lines of them trying to work something out with Sony for a PS3 to PS4 transfer of settings.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Itseotle Irracido
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by DuoMaxwell007 View Post
    umm that would work for migrating save from one pc to another via usb or cloud yeah i can do that too.. but im talking about transferring from pc to ps3/ps4 or ps3/ps4 to pc
    I know you were, and I was saying that for PC users you can already sorta do it, although its not really user friendly. You might even be able to do it PC > PS3 but prolly not.
    (0)
    Lodestone Profile
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2183636/

Player
    Character
    Shiandra Longfeather
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 22
    This is the whole reason that I almost never play my PS3 copy of the game. I end up playing mostly on the PC, so if I go back and try to play on PS3, none of my gearsets, hotbars, etc are there and it takes forever to switch between things and update the current sets. I'm literally BEGGING them to get this worked out. Otherwise, I pretty much wasted $80 on the PS3 collectors edition.
    (0)