Character
    Sheer Slayne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaldy View Post
    Yoshida worked at Hudson!!?? I gotta check the Bomberman credits now! <3
    He worked on Bomberman 64: The Second Attack.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shirana Everdark
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by EmiliM View Post
    Yoshida:
    But on the other hand, for those people where FFXIV is their first exposure to MMO gaming, they would go "so this is what a MMO is like!" and feel perfectly normal about it. Being able to simply pick and choose what to play through instances is what I think helped these new players ease into the game.
    I didn't get to finish reading all of it as I have to go to work in mere minutes but I really had to reply to this~
    FF14 was not my first MMO but I had a similar feeling anyways my first time playing SWTOR (which I somewhat left for FF14 because I'm not a star wars person just tried it lol) and FF14 :3
    I transitioned from older games that did not really use instances (or very few), lacked many features compared to FF14/SWTOR that I am really grateful for despite what the community likes to say. I love open world and open world interactivity, but I am still happy for instances. Coming from games where people were expected to share things and/or kill each other for things was not fun for me. KSing, spot hogging by farmers or jerks, guilds hogging world bosses/raids, players left out of content just because they weren't in big time guilds (beyond just raids but dungeons as well, late game was horrible in the games I played), and so many endless other problems makes FF14 a dream to me in terms of MMOs. I feel very comfortable in FF14 and love it very much. The comparison to a game like FF14 to games I played is like night and day. I love having an instance to me and my parties self without worrying another party will come through and just KS/Push us out while harassing us with name calling. I like the no open world pvp which ruined my experiences in SWTOR an past games (though I take responsibility for joining an open world pvp server to be with my wife who was introducing me to the game. Still, reminds me why I hate it lol). I feel like I can enjoy ALL content I pay for rather than enjoy only the content catered to draining your wallet (P2W I believe the term is). I like that EVERYTHING in the game can be accomplished with work and effort. Not something that only pays off literally potentially YEARS later. And no, there are games so horrible it can literally take years to gear one character if you don't spend lots and LOTS of time and real money. What I am trying to say is, thanks for making a game that's very, VERY fun to play and I plan to be here for years just as I have played other games for years before moving on because of the horrible features and in-game community z.z.
    As a casual gamer who prolly still spends too much time on games, I find this to be the best MMO out there and I absolutely adore it <3
    (1)
    The unique perspective of Touhou in my own words and why it is different from the typical game or manga c:
    https://sites.google.com/site/mytouhouprojectperspective/

Player
    Character
    Azura Xahl
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 19
    This just the classical problem of a modern game. When the developer tries to please everyone nobody gets really attached to the game meaning not getting a serious playerbase at the long run. And just like this "PK would sit well in todays world" bs. Games like Dark Souls does thing just the opposite way of the mainstream gaming industry, supporting the hardcore players, setting these hurdles for gamers to overcome etc., main point being: "We do what we want, and not what the majority wants" and that's why it's so successful. I really hope more games like it. Just like someone be4 commented that removing of these "hurdles" doesn't mean a better game/experience. Most of the time it just means more dull and less colorful experience.

That being said, does any1 here know some kind of hardcore MMO "a la" Souls series, which has a decent playerbase?

Just had to went my steam off.

*craws back to playing FFXIV.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sheer Slayne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by elBravado View Post
    This just the classical problem of a modern game. When the developer tries to please everyone nobody gets really attached to the game meaning not getting a serious playerbase at the long run. And just like this "PK would sit well in todays world" bs. Games like Dark Souls does thing just the opposite way of the mainstream gaming industry, supporting the hardcore players, setting these hurdles for gamers to overcome etc., main point being: "We do what we want, and not what the majority wants" and that's why it's so successful. I really hope more games like it. Just like someone be4 commented that removing of these "hurdles" doesn't mean a better game/experience. Most of the time it just means more dull and less colorful experience.

That being said, does any1 here know some kind of hardcore MMO "a la" Souls series, which has a decent playerbase?
    Dark Souls is successful for it's satirical approach to the current gaming industry - it's something that I can respect for its persistence (considering its essentially the descendant of King's Field, which saw its first release back in 1994), but do not personally enjoy.

In response to your inquiry with regards to a hardcore MMO - I wouldn't count on it. "Wizardry Online" attempted to employ the particular formula in an MMO that you seek (permanent death - you actually lose your character upon dying, open world PvP, etc), but in late January it was announced that they were shutting down their servers at the end of July this year.

MMOs require a ton of income and a decent playerbase. What's viable may not always be unique, and what's unique is often not what's viable. So there's an awkward space of making sure you can present your unique concepts to the players, but also finding a way to retain enough players to pay for maintenance, staff, advertising, etc...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Recaldy Arrowsmith
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheer View Post
    He worked on Bomberman 64: The Second Attack.
    You checked? I haven't but thanks. I need to actualy play and beat it. <3ed the first one. :3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sheer Slayne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaldy View Post
    You checked? I haven't but thanks. I need to actualy play and beat it. <3ed the first one. :3
    I have! I've looked into what titles Yoshi-P had worked on before many months ago; I just double checked to make sure, and yes, it was Bomberman 64: The Second Attack. Here's Yoshi-P's wiki page as a source.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adelfia Balfegar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I feel like posting positive things all of a sudden!
    (1)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7