Player
    Character
    Shneibel Panipahr
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80

Titan EM tanking at 11 or 1 o'clock position

This will result in the row-bomb-pattern opening more save space as he landslides with adds present. There are pt that are fine with that (weekly clear) but there are ppl say it is a bad spot and claim that I wipe the pt.

So can someone tell me if I should continues to tank at those 2 spot or just tank titan at north ?
    (0)
    Last edited by Shneibel; 03-11-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kayu Boo
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I think this is more a case of people being used to how to dodge the landslide + bombs and you doing it differently throws them off. I don't think it matters too much where you tank him as long as the landslide is properly baited during the adds phase.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kizuna Astin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    most people dont realize that in 3 row bomb it is perfect safe to stand on 2nd spawn bomb and run to center w/o getting hit. (most people i met tend to go to 3rd spawn bomb doesnt matter if it small area or have to go thru Add puddle ><.)
    Titan Xm row bomb has delay longer than HM version. after LS casted wait 1.5 sec ish the run to center and you wont get hit by bomb
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Traek Darksoul
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    You can also have everyone stack right behind Titan for the landslide bait. The safe spot is always on his back. The safe bombs at the front is usually always what wipes people, but if the whole party just stacked on Titan, and ran through him to the safe spot on his back (where MT stands) they'd get the free spot every time. I see so many wipes because of that bomb formation, when the solution can be oh so simple.

To the OP, just tank it 12 o' clock like a normal tank. This is where the majority tank, and you are throwing off the landslide pattern and most likely causing wipes when you position at different angles. Any benefit you might be trying to achieve is automatically flushed down the toilet at that point.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bokchoy Mcnuggets
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Protip: Even if the Landslide covers the "safe" bomb, you can move into it as soon as the blue Landslide graphic disappears. You don't have to wait for his fist to slam the ground. This allows you to get into positon for the bombs explosion, regardless of where the Landslide is being faced.

I wish everyone knew the above. People wouldn't be so dependent on the Landslides being baited perfectly in order for them to survive.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Traek Darksoul
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by bokchoykn View Post
    I wish everyone knew the above. People wouldn't be so dependent on the Landslides being baited perfectly in order for them to survive.
    Same. Unfortunately getting 7/8 of the people to realize *and* implement it is not so easy. Can barely get people to move to the correct open bomb location in time after heart phase break and I mark the first bomb every time.. Relying on the same people to move to a bomb after landslide hits.. *shudder*. Bait is just more reliable for inconsistent people (most pugs).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shneibel Panipahr
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    so trying for more benefit is not the way to go eh ? >.<

thank for the reply, fellow tanker
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I like when tanks turn Titan toward 11 o'clock position when row bombs are about to spawn because...

-- Every group I have ever seen tank and kill the adds on the East side (around 3 o'clock), leaving very few 'safe' areas on the East side if the last 'safe' row of bombs happen to spawn there during row bombs. The pools take up the majority of the Eastern area at that point.
    -- If the tank turns Titan toward 11 o'clock, it is safe to run to the NE 'safe' bomb, and you will still have room to dodge landslide and get in position before waiting for the middle bombs to explode before running in.

I've seen a lot of DPS try to bait and move near the SE bomb, but they almost always get hit by the bomb or landslide... going to the NE is safer but a lot of dps seem to avoid that because they assume they'll get cleaved... but that won't happen if the tank turns Titan! I wouldn't suggest a tank face 11 o'clock at any point EXCEPT during row bombs, as this can confuse groups in other points of the fight (dodging double plumes, knowing exactly which superbomb to target... most groups prefer killing DUE SOUTH superbomb, but they get confused if the tank isn't DUE NORTH... despite having a minimap to refer to). =P

So, in short: I would only face 11 o'clock during row bombs IF the last 'safe' bomb to spawn is East, and then move back to due north at all other points of that last phase.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ryuko; 03-12-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Hoolie Who
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuko View Post
    ... most groups prefer killing DUE SOUTH superbomb, but they get confused if the tank isn't DUE NORTH...
    You can mark the location where the south Superbomb will drop with a waypoint before the fight starts. This helps keep people oriented for add phase as well.
    (0)
    The First Law of Roegadynics: "A Roegadyn may not injure a Lalafell or, through inaction, allow a Lalafell to come to harm."

Player
    Character
    Elysia Mazda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by bokchoykn View Post
    Protip: Even if the Landslide covers the "safe" bomb, you can move into it as soon as the blue Landslide graphic disappears. You don't have to wait for his fist to slam the ground. This allows you to get into positon for the bombs explosion, regardless of where the Landslide is being faced.
    Critical note, though: the timing on EX is different compared to HM. The graphic starts to fade before the cast finishes, so if you move in when the graphic changes, you'll get punched off the edge. Took me a while to get used to it from HM (was pretty rage-inducing as well).
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast