Player
    Character
    Cory Jason
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70

Offtank Garuda Ex (Warrior Help)

So I'm having difficulty grabbing the spiny and Chirada for the tornado phase.

I'll tell you what I've been doing and hopefully you could tell me what I should do instead:

Berserk, tomahawk chirada. Because of the globals there's like nothing I can do in order to grab the spiny any faster, so during that 1.5 secs or whatever, a healer grabs agro, likely more than any tomahawk I could throw, so I feel forced to provoke tomahawk and try to get them together. By this time the dps is already destroying chirada and bards take agro because I'm either flashing or overpowering after the tomahawk on the spiny. If I try to do a butcher's combo on one, it takes forever so the other mob runs away. I can try infuriate steel cyclone I guess, but because of the game's global cooldown situation I feel panicked to do anything else but the two tomahawks and flash/overpower.

I currently have relic (not +1), ilvl 83 average, with all 30 points into VIT.

Thank you
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tallon Overworld
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    im having the exact same problem.... it was supposed to be provoke on spiny and tomahawk on either sisters but aggro is flying off just like that. i dont know if someone can help but this seems to screw the whole fight if tanks cant maintain aggro.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cory Jason
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Someone in my FC told me that we just let the spiny agro a healer and the OT takes it when there's 2 stacks. Chirada then dies and everyone goes to kill Suprana. Also I guess we're to save our provokes for the spiny and let the MT tank both sup and Garuda until sup dies. But what worries me is the prolonged double ww and melee exposure to it. I'll try it but that sounds like a lot of work on the healers and the MT.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Akio Sakiro
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryJason View Post
    Someone in my FC told me that we just let the spiny agro a healer and the OT takes it when there's 2 stacks. Chirada then dies and everyone goes to kill Suprana. Also I guess we're to save our provokes for the spiny and let the MT tank both sup and Garuda until sup dies. But what worries me is the prolonged double ww and melee exposure to it. I'll try it but that sounds like a lot of work on the healers and the MT.
    Do this, let the spiny go where she wants, on healer, dps or even MT, the grab it(or let it grab byt the mt) away at 2 stacks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Riyos; 03-11-2014 at 04:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lemon Nate
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyos View Post
    Do this, let the spiny go where she wants, on healer, dps or even MT, the grab it(or let it grab byt the mt) away at 2 stacks.
    Problem with this is if you're going the stacking on Garuda to burn all feathers in eye phase route, a mistimed provoke by the OT (if he has it last in sisters' phase) can mean immediate 3 stacks and Spiny blowing up on you. OT getting spiny first then MT takes it provides extra measure (OT for sure will have 0 stacks in eye phase) in case Spiny decides to apply 1 stack right away.

Player
    Character
    Shneibel Panipahr
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryJason View Post
    exactly as your FC member told you, in tornado phase it doesnt matter who got the spiny first, the important is to quickly grap the sister you are suppose to tank, take her to your spot and keep an eye on stack. After that you just voke the spiny at 2 stack & stand at the healer spot to advoide accident aoe from the DD which happen often >.<
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lemon Nate
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shneibel View Post
    exactly as your FC member told you, in tornado phase it doesnt matter who got the spiny first
    It does. Because if you grab it at 2 stacks and then grab it again at the start of the eye phase, sometimes the Spiny will apply the third stack when you have 3 seconds left on the clock or so for the stacks to drop so either your party remember that you still have stack and not aoe the plumes yet till you grab it or you risk spiny taking a bit of damage (a lot if people start using flare).

Player
    Character
    Womble O'flaherty
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shneibel View Post
    exactly as your FC member told you, in tornado phase it doesnt matter who got the spiny first, the important is to quickly grap the sister you are suppose to tank, take her to your spot and keep an eye on stack. After that you just voke the spiny at 2 stack & stand at the healer spot to advoide accident aoe from the DD which happen often >.<
    Imagine the following situation:

MT grabs Garuda and Suprana.
    OT grabs Chirada.
    Spiny Plume attacks MT (Or another party member).

What happens midway into the fight once Chirada is dead and the Spiny hits 2 stacks?
    The OT can Provoke EITHER Suprana (splitting damage and helping out Melees), or the Spiny Plume (avoiding a wipe).

If OT instead Provokes the Spiny first regardless of whoever it's on at the start of the tornado phase; after the first sister is dead, the OT can Provoke the second sister off the MT whilst the MT provokes the spiny off the OT.
    (0)
    Last edited by Maelwys; 03-13-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Valkyrie Lenneth
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    U are doing it wrong, what I'll tell u will also apply to titan extreme (grabbing adds).
    1.your pt destroys spiny and all move inside bubble. YOU Wii heavy swing + skull sunder Garuda while inide bubble she will than disappear.
    2. Garuda will respawn with sisters so immediately hit chirada with Butchers Block(will be glowing as part of combo u started while inside spiny bubble). Immediately voke spiny and overpower (should hit chirada as well).
    3. Ur enemy will be extremely high that u should have no issues, just move to position and dps chirada.
    - u can pop berserk before BB as well.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cory Jason
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ValkyrieL View Post
    U are doing it wrong, what I'll tell u will also apply to titan extreme (grabbing adds).
    1.your pt destroys spiny and all move inside bubble. YOU Wii heavy swing + skull sunder Garuda while inide bubble she will than disappear.
    2. Garuda will respawn with sisters so immediately hit chirada with Butchers Block(will be glowing as part of combo u started while inside spiny bubble). Immediately voke spiny and overpower (should hit chirada as well).
    3. Ur enemy will be extremely high that u should have no issues, just move to position and dps chirada.
    - u can pop berserk before BB as well.
    Alright but what I've been told to do is only kill the spiny when garuda disappears, which gives me no real time to prep a BB for chirada. Are there any tells to when we should kill the spiny?
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast