Player
    Character
    Kori Fleming
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox View Post
    You don't need to pick up spiny at the start of tornado phase. Just let it build 2 stacks and then voke it.
    If you do this, it's usually best to have the MT 'voke it that way the OT can 'voke the MT's sister. Obviously not as big of an issue if it's an all ranged group, but incase you have a melee this tends to be the safer option.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Roffel Pierceson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Cory what ValkyrieL is pretty close to correct but u don't have to do it right when ur in the bubble. Once she jumps and comes back down u have enough time to prep ur combo on Garuda then also. Pretty much prepped butchers on Garuda. Hit butchers on Chirada then voke spiney followed by toma or lob. Get into position hit op. u won't kill that spiney that easy and it helps if its lower on health anyway. Once u get the order it's really easy. The same goes if ur mt too. Prep butchers then hit supra with butchers. Hate set.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyGhost View Post
    If you do this, it's usually best to have the MT 'voke it that way the OT can 'voke the MT's sister. Obviously not as big of an issue if it's an all ranged group, but incase you have a melee this tends to be the safer option.
    If you have a melee group, you should do triangle with DPS bursting Chirada, MT on garuda and OT with Suparna. Much more effective for melee DPS with high uptime, safer with no wheel dodging and easier to heal tanks since no double wheel or high burst in general. Also no spiny voking conflicts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sabbah Sunblade
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    When I OT this fight, I only use my Provoke to pull the Spiny Plume. When the Sisters spawn, I Butchers Block (whether combo'd or not) Chirada, then Overpower, and then get into position. We use the method where I leave the Spiny on whoever it aggros to first, until they hit two stacks. Chirada is normally dead by now, and then I Provoke, Tomahawk and Overpower the Spiny, and just stay in position after DPSing it down a bit, with my back to it with the occasional Flash. If I hit two stacks before Garuda disappears, the MT Provokes and Shield Lobs it off of me.

We use the strategy where we leave the MT with Garuda and Suparna, but we only have one melee DPS. He just needs to be aware and avoid the WW's. His record is 7 deaths in one fight :P

The phase in the eye of the storm with the Razor Plumes varies slightly depending on who the Spiny aggros first. If it is on the MT, I leave it until he hits two stacks, and go full DPS on Garuda, but if it is on one of the DPS or Healers, or in amongst a load of Razor Plumes, I Provoke and Tomahawk it to move it out of the way, to let our Black Mage AOE and our White Mage Holy down the other Plumes.

It may not be the quickest strategy in the world, but it does seem to work for our group with only the one melee DPS.

Regarding losing hate, you might need to tell your DPS to give you a bit of a chance to build some initial hate before they unload everything they have. We have a Bard who used to be very trigger happy, but he's much better now after a bit of guidance.
    (0)
    Last edited by LukeyP666; 03-10-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Roffel Pierceson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    @kitfox yes it probably is easier that way but not alot of ppl are experienced in this way especially the melee and healers.

@lukey but the optimal way to do it is the it grab supra off the mt bc ur putting that melee at high risk when u could just voke and pull supra so the melee can go all out without fear of ww or having to dodge it. I've had them tried this many times and it goes horrible 9 out of 10 times.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akio Sakiro
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryJason View Post
    Someone in my FC told me that we just let the spiny agro a healer and the OT takes it when there's 2 stacks. Chirada then dies and everyone goes to kill Suprana. Also I guess we're to save our provokes for the spiny and let the MT tank both sup and Garuda until sup dies. But what worries me is the prolonged double ww and melee exposure to it. I'll try it but that sounds like a lot of work on the healers and the MT.
    Do this, let the spiny go where she wants, on healer, dps or even MT, the grab it(or let it grab byt the mt) away at 2 stacks.
    (0)
    Last edited by Riyos; 03-11-2014 at 04:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lemon Nate
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Riyos View Post
    Do this, let the spiny go where she wants, on healer, dps or even MT, the grab it(or let it grab byt the mt) away at 2 stacks.
    Problem with this is if you're going the stacking on Garuda to burn all feathers in eye phase route, a mistimed provoke by the OT (if he has it last in sisters' phase) can mean immediate 3 stacks and Spiny blowing up on you. OT getting spiny first then MT takes it provides extra measure (OT for sure will have 0 stacks in eye phase) in case Spiny decides to apply 1 stack right away.

Player
    Character
    Bardo Phor
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    The spiny has special aggro rules, so you're definitely going to have to provoke it.
    Most people also throw a tomahawk at it just to ensure it stays on them as they're moving into position in the SE.

Outside of the advice to prep to BB on Chirada before they spawn (which is good advice), it also sounds like you need to tell your DPS to stop derping.
    Waiting a few seconds until you have solidified aggro or making sure they have Quelling Strikes available for the start of that phase is just common sense.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cearka Larue
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    I just steel cyclone chirada and voke the spiny and they stick to me. By the time I'm in position I hit them with one overpower and go into aggro combo. Seems to work ok for me. Only i76 on my WAR.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Traek Darksoul
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon8or View Post
    In the case you can't hit garuda safely when she starts casting Minstral Shriek, use Heavy Swing right when she lands again, before sisters spawn then skull sunder on chirada, butcher's block chirada, provoke spiny, tomahawk spiny and overpower will secure it.
    ^ This.

Also, I wouldn't do what Valky said. Instead, while you are in bubble you should Heavy Swing > Maim. This will give you Maim benefit for when Garuda comes back down. Then do as Lemon suggested. Heavy swing Garuda before sisters come > Skull Sunder Chirada > Butchers Chirada > Provoke Spiny > Tomahawk Spiny. Threat will be very secure. Spiny sometimes likes to do a jog to the MT with this method, but don't worry it'll come back. You can Tomahawk x2 if you feel the need, the MT shouldn't be AoEing though, so won't keep threat over x1 Tomahawk.
    (1)
    Last edited by Traek; 03-11-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast