Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Marquis Elmdore
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 50

SICK OF THE LAG FEST

fix the damn lag it's impossible to do any god damn instances!!!!!!
    been having 5 to 10 seconds lag spike since 2.16 came out !!!!!!!!!
    currently playing in game at S:500 R:4000 with 18Ms wth are you guys doing over at SE seriously!!?!?!? fix this that just unbareable especially when you either tank or heal
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    SE opened an investigation Wednesday for particular issues affecting instanced servers--notice is in Lodestone and Status sections if you missed it (March 5th posts). Your problems could tie into what they are working on. Might want to follow their instructions for reporting the issue in the appropriate channels, as this is for user-to-user support and not for contacting SE with technical issues.

Notice in the Lodestone:
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...57ffe3d0abdc78

And here's the post in the Status Forum:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...f-%28Mar.-5%29

And those S/R numbers aren't your lag... that's your send/receive data rates. You are sending 500 bytes/sec and receiving 4000 bytes/sec. Latency and bandwidth are two completely different animals. The bulk of our problems are coming from overloaded nodes/servers at varying points along the routes (or in the case of some instances, it is overloaded servers compounded by those same issues along our routes). That is what is leading to the latency spikes and packet losses you are experiencing. The width of your pipe makes little to no difference past about 768kbps up/down once you've finished zoning into an area---it's more about the reliable and orderly delivery of your packets (ie: latency and flow control, which are impacted negatively as congestion increases).
    (5)
    Last edited by Raist; 03-08-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Draca'to Re'shin
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raist View Post
    SE opened an investigation Wednesday for particular issues affecting instanced servers--notice is in Lodestone and Status sections if you missed it (March 5th posts). Your problems could tie into what they are working on. Might want to follow their instructions for reporting the issue in the appropriate channels, as this is for user-to-user support and not for contacting SE with technical issues.

Notice in the Lodestone:
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...57ffe3d0abdc78

And here's the post in the Status Forum:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...f-%28Mar.-5%29

And those S/R numbers aren't your lag... that's your send/receive data rates. You are sending 500 bytes/sec and receiving 4000 bytes/sec. Latency and bandwidth are two completely different animals. The bulk of our problems are coming from overloaded nodes/servers at varying points along the routes (or in the case of some instances, it is overloaded servers compounded by those same issues along our routes). That is what is leading to the latency spikes and packet losses you are experiencing. The width of your pipe makes little to no difference past about 768kbps up/down once you've finished zoning into an area---it's more about the reliable and orderly delivery of your packets (ie: latency and flow control, which are impacted negatively as congestion increases).
    Thank for the info but the first link get me to a pgae with "The page you are searching for has either been removed, or the designated URL address is incorrect."
    And Second is "Page Not Found"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by EUdoomtrain View Post
    Thank for the info but the first link get me to a pgae with "The page you are searching for has either been removed, or the designated URL address is incorrect."
    And Second is "Page Not Found"
    hmm.. that was weird... they got truncated when pasted in. Their still in the lodestone and status page... posts from March 5th.

Edited the links... should forward properly now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amiarah Nightwish
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    This is starting to get ridiculous. I can´t even gather in a non populated area without lagging.
    If SE doesn´t fix their servers, Titan lags and other crappy coding I will not continue to be a paying customer.
    If I can´t play the game in a good way, then there is really no need for me to stay. I love the game, but geez this is getting out of hand.
    Fix it please.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Nightbeast Groovy
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    I'm sorry, but sadly I'm also hurt by this.
    Game is unplayable at instances.
    (7)

Player

I just took a break cause the lag started, and went online 15 minutes ago to see if it'd stopped. Tried to do an easy guildhest but I got like 5 seconds delay on my heals and we actually wiped even though we had a tank with relic+1 weapons. We finally killed him after wiping 2 times and I decided to just spamheal cure 2 hoping it'd work. This is my first month of playing and if the lag hasn't stopped when my playtime runs out I'll probably just look for another game. I don't like paying for things that aren't working.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryu Tannin
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 36
    That's two games i can mark as unplayable due to lag. BF4 is also having major lag issues. Two of the games i play the most it would have to be a real lag fest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack98 View Post
    That's two games i can mark as unplayable due to lag. BF4 is also having major lag issues. Two of the games i play the most it would have to be a real lag fest.
    Sounds like you may have some routing issues as well. It's going around. Seen posts about WoW and LoL as well at my ISP's forums recently. It's also affecting streaming sites in a bad way too. Been working with them to clean things up from my area. Supposed to be checking things up and down the street this week--it's the last segment of several where we've pinpointed issues since XIV was in Beta4. For me, we've look at the corridors around DC/VA, Chicago/Milwaulkee, LA, Seattle, and most recently Raleigh, NC. It's taken them quite a while... but I'm clean now... except for my first gateway, which is what we're working on now. See if any of the troubled areas on this map my be along your route---if so, then there may well be issues in route:

This will update periodically if refreshed after they post an updated one. Interactive map available here:
    http://downdetector.com/status/time-warner-cable/map/

Granted, this is for TWC outages... but it's sort of like a test for smoke when looking for the fire.

May want to run netstat or resmon while in game to find your server's IP and run some extended pings/tracerts to it, then submit them to your ISP for review. If you can get some during good times and bad times, as well as tests against more common sites like Google/YouTube or Yahoo, it can go a long way towards convincing them to look at into it for you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raist; 03-10-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ark Genesis
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Wow,

I haven't been able to play since 2.2... If this keep I'm unsubbing for a while.
    (0)

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast