Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Wire Grind
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 46
    I haven't experienced any network lag whatsoever, I'm in latin america and both Excalibur (West) and Chocobo (JP) worked perfectly.
    If you mean "lag" as in "graphical slowdown" then the issue probably is on your cpu specs.
    In lower resolutions, even crowded with players, the game runs fine (maybe there are some brief seconds of slowdown while the game loads all the characters or something, I admit)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elyana Starfall
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I am having the same issue since ps4 release...is that a case?
    (1)

Kupò ♥

Player
    Character
    Langley Milliarde
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Just here to put in my two cents. Warning: ranting ahead.

I am also experiencing ridiculous lag, as of last week. As there seems to be some misconceptions floating around, I don't mean lag as in slight slowdown and choppy framerate in crowded areas like Mor Dhona or even the "I can't dodge Titan /cry" varieties. I mean absolutely crippling lag, where the game becomes nigh unplayable.

Animations will get stuck and not play for minutes at a time sometimes(they'll catch up later and all play the appropriate sound effects all at once, which is particularly jarring at first). The background music will cut out intermittently, especially while moving. Frequent disconnects, especially in dungeons. Opening the menu or talking to NPCs can sometimes take forever. Freezing for long periods of time when trying to interact with objects during boss fights is very common. Enemy AoEs sometimes don't appear, such as poison puddles from various bosses(Aiatar, 2nd boss of Lost City). My character randomly clips through the geometry of zones and falls under them entirely, especially when slopes or bridges are involved(Coerthas, Southern Thanalan, etc). Summoning a mount has about a 90% chance of rendering your character model invisible.

Speaking of invisibility, standing around and getting attacked by invisible/untargetable enemies for maybe two minutes isn't my idea of fun either, especially when I have to defeat those targets for a beast tribe daily quest. Or not attacking the boss for 30 seconds because they haven't appeared on my screen yet. Falling through the ground forces me to spend gil to teleport back to the same spot and hope it doesn't happen again. To put this in perspective, this lag has greatly slowed me from progressing in the game. I can't farm mythology effectively because I can't pull my weight with enemies being invisible or their health bars not moving, and nobody wants DPS, especially melee, that can't pull their weight in these scenarios. Ultimately, this means I can't afford atma books. I can't help my progression group in Turn 5 because I can't target Conflagrations and I stand in Liquid Hell because I can't see them. I can't help them in Titan EX either because the bombs/adds/gaols are invisible. I don't even want to attempt capping soldiery tomes this week because I'll miss duty finder frequently from the notification taking more than 45 seconds to appear and it's also rude to expect people to put up with my handicap.

I say "my" handicap because this issue doesn't seem to be affecting that many people. A good deal of my FC is completely oblivious to this and I've only found one sympathizer. Still, this past week, the game has become nigh unplayable for me without a great deal of effort. I suppose my only goal here today is to bring this problem to more people's attention.

In spite of all this, I still love the game. Maybe that's why it pains me so much that I can barely do anything anymore. Here's my hope that Square Enix will address this issue. Anyway, enough of my sob story, thanks for listening.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Elyana Starfall
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmcake View Post
    Just here to put in my two cents. Warning: ranting ahead.

I am also experiencing ridiculous lag, as of last week. As there seems to be some misconceptions floating around, I don't mean lag as in slight slowdown and choppy framerate in crowded areas like Mor Dhona or even the "I can't dodge Titan /cry" varieties. I mean absolutely crippling lag, where the game becomes nigh unplayable.

Animations will get stuck and not play for minutes at a time sometimes(they'll catch up later and all play the appropriate sound effects all at once, which is particularly jarring at first). The background music will cut out intermittently, especially while moving. Frequent disconnects, especially in dungeons. Opening the menu or talking to NPCs can sometimes take forever. Freezing for long periods of time when trying to interact with objects during boss fights is very common. Enemy AoEs sometimes don't appear, such as poison puddles from various bosses(Aiatar, 2nd boss of Lost City). My character randomly clips through the geometry of zones and falls under them entirely, especially when slopes or bridges are involved(Coerthas, Southern Thanalan, etc). Summoning a mount has about a 90% chance of rendering your character model invisible.

Speaking of invisibility, standing around and getting attacked by invisible/untargetable enemies for maybe two minutes isn't my idea of fun either, especially when I have to defeat those targets for a beast tribe daily quest. Or not attacking the boss for 30 seconds because they haven't appeared on my screen yet. Falling through the ground forces me to spend gil to teleport back to the same spot and hope it doesn't happen again. To put this in perspective, this lag has greatly slowed me from progressing in the game. I can't farm mythology effectively because I can't pull my weight with enemies being invisible or their health bars not moving, and nobody wants DPS, especially melee, that can't pull their weight in these scenarios. Ultimately, this means I can't afford atma books. I can't help my progression group in Turn 5 because I can't target Conflagrations and I stand in Liquid Hell because I can't see them. I can't help them in Titan EX either because the bombs/adds/gaols are invisible. I don't even want to attempt capping soldiery tomes this week because I'll miss duty finder frequently from the notification taking more than 45 seconds to appear and it's also rude to expect people to put up with my handicap.

I say "my" handicap because this issue doesn't seem to be affecting that many people. A good deal of my FC is completely oblivious to this and I've only found one sympathizer. Still, this past week, the game has become nigh unplayable for me without a great deal of effort. I suppose my only goal here today is to bring this problem to more people's attention.

In spite of all this, I still love the game. Maybe that's why it pains me so much that I can barely do anything anymore. Here's my hope that Square Enix will address this issue. Anyway, enough of my sob story, thanks for listening.
    Another sympathizer here! Same exact issue from WHM PoV, I am unable to play any end game content and sometimes even daily tribe quest...I thought it was my ISP, SE support said so, but it seems to be happening to other people also, since 14 april or so.
    I am from Italy btw, and I have bigger problem at specific hours (starting about at 13:00 GMT+1 to 24:00 GMT+1)
    (0)

Kupò ♥

Player
    Character
    Tina Minami
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    incase u havent noticed yet there is a maintance on the na/eu servers to try to fix it in 4 to 5 hrs from now but guess didnt read the maintance forum. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-%28Apr.-24%29
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elyana Starfall
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    In case you didn't read what some of us wrote, this issue has been going on for about 10 days now, and this emergency maintenance sadly fixed nothing at all.
    (0)

Kupò ♥

Player
    Character
    Aleksandr Deicide
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Im just gonna put these here... and maybe on the General Forums... We'll see how long these last.
    These are a few videos I recorded using Shadowplay in fullscreen mode, on my GTX 670.

1. http://youtu.be/073v1ddJ71o
    2. http://youtu.be/w86RYMwYSM4
    3. http://youtu.be/6zwm0avy_T0
    4. http://youtu.be/JeHSnGkysVU

In short, when more people seem to be logged in the game, the lag magically turns on.
    During off hours, the lag turns off... and then it just magically turns on again.

Hell, just this morning I did a Expert DF and everything was fine. Perfectly beautifully fine.
    This evening, I can barely run around town, and as soon as I step foot in a dungeon, and combat starts... yeah, 0 fps slideshow.

I have gotten to the point where I am just going to reimage my computer, and see if that fixes whatever BS is causing this... If not, well I guess I could update to a newer video card... And if that doesnt fix it... meaning there is no issue on my end... Well SE, the ball will be in your court.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kenji1134; 04-26-2014 at 09:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Elyana Starfall
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji1134 View Post
    In short, when more people seem to be logged in the game, the lag magically turns on.
    During off hours, the lag turns off... and then it just magically turns on again.
    This.
    In my case I go dead connect (can't retrieve any data from server, skill doesn't land, can't interact with anything or character freezes) and it recovers after a few minutes just to go dead connect again or I get 90000k after I go dead connect.
    (0)

Kupò ♥

Player
    Character
    Aleksandr Deicide
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Im not having any network issues.
    In my case, my card's GPU load drops to zero for a second, then back to normal, then zero, the normal.
    This ONLY happens during these laggy periods, like in the videos, and ONLY on FFXIV.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Langley Milliarde
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Game played perfectly for a day or two, now back to experiencing the problem. I have however, found a slight quality of life improvement for people stuck in this boat to try.

Whenever the lag starts happening, sometimes you can move your cursor over the icon that tells you how many packets you're sending and receiving and this can alleviate the problem momentarily, in the ballpark of 5-10 seconds or so.

Of note, I do have a theory now, based on that packet data. I'm thinking at times, the server isn't sending us anything for whatever reason and is instead piling up what it should be trickling over time. Watching it closely shows a pattern. We're sending and receiving several hundred packets at first, then receiving drops down to double-digit numbers(76~ pops up a lot, at least for me), then it drops to 0 for awhile, then it spikes to several thousand without warning. Sure, one can blame it on server load, but I'm not so sure about that considering it only seems to affect a small handful. I have good internet in my area and only one other person in my area that I know of is experiencing the same issue.

Hopefully this info is at least slightly helpful for SE to find a swift resolution.
    (0)

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast