Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60

DEV Team Please adjust ilvl requirement for The Lost City of Amdapor. Pharos all over

With Myth Tomes weekly cap being removed, The lockout on CoB being lifted there is no reason to have the ilvl requirement for this new dungeon be ilvl55. It should be around ilvl75. Darklight is so easy to get, Crystal Tower gear once a week ( don't know if this lockout will be removed).

This is the same problem with Pharos Sirius a low ilvl requirement, Cheap Rewards, all with higher difficulty. The problem isn't the difficulty, it's you get players coming to the dungeon with very low ilvl making the dungeon harder. The rewards don't justify the time spent trying to complete the level.

You guys make these nice dungeons only to make it so no one wants to do them. Even if this dungeon drops the new set of Allagan Tomestones, The ilvl requirement should be higher.

With Myth Cap Being removed and how easily Darklight is to obtain there shouldn't be a reason why this dungeon has such a low ilvl requirement.
    (62)
    Last edited by Arkista; 03-08-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Blackmage Vivi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    the reason is because you shouldn't need to be i90 to beat these easy content, ps isn't hard even with the bare minimum it isn't just players make it hard, so i guess in a sense you are right but wrong in the sense ilvl has anything to do with it.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Lanfear Sessurea
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Sorry but nobody will convince me that a fresh 50 in 1-2 pieces of DL should be able to queue for this. Also this ilvl destroys any progression the game could of had.

How nice it would be for new players to go AF -->DL/CT/myth and THEN think about new tome? Think about how much the fresh 50 will learn?

Let me give an example. When I got 50 I geared Dl, ct and myth, right? There are so many options to get these. I would do wanderers palace/ct and praetorium for while, then I went ahead and got my relic. <--THIS alone teaches a new player so much. Then I started running hard mode haukke. My friend said to gear a bit before doing it, as it has dps checks. Then once all that was done, I went and got ultima choker and garuda ring. This gave me sooo much experience with my class and many different situations, and am now trying to kill titanex...

or else u can have freshly dinged 50s in your dungeon with you, who have little/no experience of the game. Be careful what you wish for/defend guys, because this ilvl WILL harm the game.
    (28)
    Last edited by Sessurea; 03-08-2014 at 01:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashidon View Post
    Snip.
    I didn't say it should be ilvl90, ilvl55 is low ilvl75ish isn't hard to obtain these days. It shouldn't be easy content either. All SE is doing is making a dungeon that no one is going to want to do, because people will have to carry others. And when no one wants to do a dungeon then that's where "Speed Runs" come in. If this new dungeon is where we get new Tomestones, People should have to work their way up to earn them. Not "I got a Darklight Ring and Wrist with AF gear so now I'm ready for this place".
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Tatalanu Bobolanu
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    First off.... don't complain about content thats not even out yet. I mean seriously...

Secondly, the minimum requirement is just that. A minimum. That means that if you want to do it with at that ilvl, you have to be very skilled to make up for your gear. While the average player probably won't be able to do it at that ilvl, thats what the devs found to be the bare minimum amount of gear to do the dungeon. In fact, if its anything like pharos, going in with a high ilvl will probably hurt your chances of success if you're not paying attention.

People complained about being able to faceroll content and now that the devs give us what people wanted, people freak out and refuse to do it because its "too hard". Make up your minds and stop sending the devs mixed signals already.
    (43)
    Free Company: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/67117-Lewd-Whispers-International-FC-LS-We-re-waiting...-under-your-bed

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sessurea View Post
    this.
    Exactly. I know full AF, all ilvl49 accessories, GC/DL weapon is ilvl50. I take back what I said in my last post about two DL accessories, You could buy ilvl70 off the market Board. With low ilvl requirements that's just a given that people will come in with bare minimum.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashidon View Post
    the reason is because you shouldn't need to be i90 to beat these easy content, ps isn't hard even with the bare minimum it isn't just players make it hard, so i guess in a sense you are right but wrong in the sense ilvl has anything to do with it.
    PS:

YoshiP: "Township of Amdapor is the hardest dungeon in FFXIV ARR yet! Be sure to try it out!"

This 4 man crap is really getting old - Even more so the 'hardest dungeon' doesn't require i90s, so it's not going to even remotely be a challenge.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Yurika Huin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Let's put this in perspective:

Reasons why the ilvl is ok as it is:
    • Fresh 50 players will be able to try all the new content

Reasons why Ilvl is NOT ok:
    • Seasoned playes will not deal with undergeared players & kick them out of the dungeons or ragequit forcin the party to fall apart
    • Fresh 50 players will not actually be able to complete the content because of the above & therefore wasting everyone's and their own time
    • Assuming that since the ilvl is so low, the drop rewards will be low and just like with Pharos, nobody will want to do the dungeon & drop out immediately upon encountering it in the roulette
    • The dungeon in general will become a breeding ground for harrassment and everyone will generally have a bad time
    (35)

Player
    Character
    Lanfear Sessurea
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukocafe View Post
    Let's put this in perspective:

Reasons why the ilvl is ok as it is:
    • Fresh 50 players will be able to try all the new content

Reasons why Ilvl is NOT ok:
    • Seasoned playes will not deal with undergeared players & kick them out of the dungeons or ragequit forcin the party to fall apart
    • Fresh 50 players will not actually be able to complete the content because of the above & therefore wasting everyone's and their own time
    • Assuming that since the ilvl is so low, the drop rewards will be low and just like with Pharos, nobody will want to do the dungeon & drop out immediately upon encountering it in the roulette
    • The dungeon in general will become a breeding ground for harrassment and everyone will generally have a bad time
    Congrats, nice to see some sensible thinking. Also, why on earth should fresh 50s be able to try all content? oO
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperT View Post
    snip.
    I'll complain I'm a customer.

The only issues I ever had in Pharos Sirius is people leaving the dungeon before everyone can skip the CS. Pharos Sirius is not hard. And by the looks of this new place it isn't going to be hard either.

I don't even care about the difficulty, I just don't want to see what happened to Pharos Sirius happen to this new place. I enjoy the new dungeons even the rehashed Hard Mode ones. But when no one wants to do PS it kinda sucks. Even though I don't think we are going to have a choice on skipping this dungeon, Cause I hope its one of the only place to drop the new Tomestones.
    (6)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast