Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Sigmund Felsword
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    If you're a seasoned 50 player I have one thing to tell you. Party Finder.

If you're complaining about being party via roulette or df is your own personal problem. I fail to see how it's SE fault.

My opinion on you OP and others like you...stop whining.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Blackmage Vivi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukocafe View Post
    snip
    that does not prove your point, it just show skill does matter, monk was dying alot? of course your dps would be low how are they supose to dps if they are dead.
    = skill problem not gear problem

in the end the problem is with the community not the ilvl
    (5)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    When it comes to the four man dungeons we have two tiers. Tier one are the easier ones. You know these ones as they are the ones that offer 30 myth. The new ones are in a harder tier. These are the ones that offer 50 myth. This is how it is, and this is how it's going to be. This will be the trend until all the dungeons have a hard mode. Right now this is the content that comes before CT and before the Coil. With 2.2 this will not be changing at all despite us having a new tier on the coil. Those here who seem to think players won't run this are also fooling themselves. Once myth is uncapped you're going to start seeing insane speed runs all over again on the 50 myth levels as people farm the crap out of these new dungeons for that myth.

Also suggesting that these are unbeatable is flat out wrong. Sure it might be tough for someone new who has lower gear to do it but that is mostly because they are learning. However, someone who knows the dungeon will absolutely be able to do it in i55 just as Pharos and the others can be done now. These fights are only tough because of mechanics. Everyone needs to get over this ilvl number are start thinking about how the dungeon is actually used. It will be just fine.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    A higher ilvl just means that players are less likely to have to carry others. As a DPS I could carry another DPS, But as a DPS I can't carry a bad Tank or Healer. But if they had higher ilvl gear it would make up for their lack of skill. Gear doesn't mean a player has the skills, it just make the game more forgiving. All ilvl is doing is making up for a bad players lack of skill. Why do you think MNK/DRG had a it bad, Cause a lot of people played those classes like garbage and in doing so made all of us look like shit. "Ranged Only" ring a bell.

I want a Dungeon that is hard, but at the same time I don't want to enter a place and not be able to complete it, because someone isn't skilled enough and lacks the gear to hold their own.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Blackmage Vivi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkista View Post
    snip.
    in the end all that is, is a skill problem not gear, i can enter i90 and laugh at it because i am well over geared and require no skill.

in the end its all about overgearing so that skill doesn't matter that is why hard content players put a higher ilvl so that skill doesn't matter as much.

snipe
    i do understand what you are saying just in the end it all comes down to the higher the ilvl the player the less skill it takes meaning if you put higher ilvl requirements you can get by with less skill in the end making it a ilvl problem because it is easier to just have players better geared then better skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkista View Post
    snip
    don't blame the game for a community issue as i have said already.
    (0)
    Last edited by Musashidon; 03-08-2014 at 02:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yurika Huin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashidon View Post
    that does not prove your point, it just show skill does matter, monk was dying alot? of course your dps would be low how are they supose to dps if they are dead.
    = skill problem not gear problem

in the end the problem is with the community not the ilvl
    My point is, if his ilvl was higher, it means he's played the game long enough to GET better gear vs just coming into the dungeon after maybe 1 wanderer's palace and his shiny AF gear.
    Rather than a matter of "ilvl" its a matter of length of time played.

Of course, the other end of the stick is players who start playing sub characters and have the right ilvl but no skills or knowledge of how to play their class - however by having that ilvl at least it gives them more leeway to suck. Meanwhile a low ilvl is unforgiving for those who are bad at their job.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    That's where the balance comes in though. Say SE only allowed I75 into AK. For bad players that would still be a challenge. Good players it would be faceroll easy. So at I55 it would at least give the skilled players a challenge and the poor players something to work up to.
    (0)

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    My point is, if his ilvl was higher, it means he's played the game long enough to GET better gear vs just coming into the dungeon after maybe 1 wanderer's palace and his shiny AF gear.
    Rather than a matter of "ilvl" its a matter of length of time played.
    That still doesn't matter.

I've PUGed content (Coil, Primals, other dungeons) with people with Zenith and a good amount of Myth (5+ armor pieces and some accessories, prob i80-ish) who have had absolutely no idea how to play their class properly. DRG who don't use Heavy Thrust or the Impulse Drive combo. MNK who sit at the back or flank. WHM who only Cure 2 spam and SCH who just use Adlo spam. Tanks who just do 1-2-3, maybe use a CD, and never use AoE attacks (Flash/Overpower). BRD who refuse to sing and don't DoT. SMN who Ruin Spam and have their pets running wild. BLM using Fire 3 spam.

With that kind of ilv, and that much Myth, they've been playing a while. And yet...they still are clueless.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Probably the biggest issue is that people don't play for a challenge these days. They just want the instant gratification of winning.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Roderic Madmartigan
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Actually it very much is a matter of ivl. When I got copperbell hard in my roulette once, 3 of us were around ilvl 75 and then we had about ilvl 53 monk.
    Monk kept dying constantly, our DPS was extremely low. Soon as the monk left and ilvl80 bard came in, we cleared it in 15 minutes.
    So no, ilvl in fact does matter because it means that you've spent enough time in the game to get your ilvl that high that you know how to play your job.
    This monk was a fresh 50, still not quite sure how to play his job and extremely undergeared.

As I said earlier, at this rate, a lot of people are going to have a bad time.
    Anecdotal evidence. Myself I completed hard dungeons with people with ilvl50-60. If you get hit as a DPS is becuase you aren't doing your job/don't know the dungeon. If you do low DPS you aren't doing properly your job. Was he doing the proper MNK rotations, using DOTS accordingly and positional combos correctly? that's the question.
    (2)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast