Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Roderic Madmartigan
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I've seen people with high iLvl running away from PS. The problem with PS is not the ilvl, the problem is that is a much "harder" dungeon when you could be easily farming WP or CT for Myths. Is a waste of time for those people. If you don't know the mechanics/don't understand them/you are a bad player, higher ilvl can help you brute force the way to the win, but is not a guarantee. And it happens that's the case with PS.

This is not a problem with the new dungeons since they are necessary to gain the new tomes. People will do them, learn them and realize that dying on a dungeon a few times until you know how to clear it is not that bad. Having a lower ilvl req means new people won't need to get Darklight gear/Myth gear to reach the new gear, which would mean those players couldn't catch up with old players, just because some peiple can't bother to learn the mechanics of a dungeon and they want to breeze it with overleveled gear.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukocafe View Post
    Let's put this in perspective:

Reasons why the ilvl is ok as it is:
    • Fresh 50 players will be able to try all the new content

Reasons why Ilvl is NOT ok:
    • Seasoned playes will not deal with undergeared players & kick them out of the dungeons or ragequit forcin the party to fall apart
    • Fresh 50 players will not actually be able to complete the content because of the above & therefore wasting everyone's and their own time
    • Assuming that since the ilvl is so low, the drop rewards will be low and just like with Pharos, nobody will want to do the dungeon & drop out immediately upon encountering it in the roulette
    • The dungeon in general will become a breeding ground for harrassment and everyone will generally have a bad time
    I can see this is what will happen in The Lost City, One thing is people will have to deal with it if the new Tomestones are here. And if not its just Pharos Sirius all over again. Also I'm thinking ilvl65 rewards for gear here. I love PS but when I do High Level Roulette sometimes I wish I didn't unlock that dungeon.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Roderic Madmartigan
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukocafe View Post

Reasons why Ilvl is NOT ok:
    • Seasoned playes will not deal with undergeared players & kick them out of the dungeons or ragequit forcin the party to fall apart
    • Fresh 50 players will not actually be able to complete the content because of the above & therefore wasting everyone's and their own time
    • Assuming that since the ilvl is so low, the drop rewards will be low and just like with Pharos, nobody will want to do the dungeon & drop out immediately upon encountering it in the roulette
    • The dungeon in general will become a breeding ground for harrassment and everyone will generally have a bad time
    Not all seasoned players are a bunch of assholes
    Fresh 50 players will be able to complete content once they learn the mechanics like seasoned players

At that point of the game loot on dungeons is just there as a stopgap between the higher ilvl tomes gear. New players gets tomes + gear, seasoned players get tomes
    Again that's not a matter of ilvl, people can harrass players who don't know the dungeon even if they are ilvl 90, what's worst it could become an elitist war.

The reason the ilvl is ok is because new players can jump directly to the new tomes gear. New players are already way behind old players to give them the same walls that we have to go trought.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post
    PS:

YoshiP: "Township of Amdapor is the hardest dungeon in FFXIV ARR yet! Be sure to try it out!"

This 4 man crap is really getting old - Even more so the 'hardest dungeon' doesn't require i90s, so it's not going to even remotely be a challenge.
    The irony is in making this comment in a thread about people complaining that these I50 dungeons are to hard with only I50 gear. Imagine if it was a real I90 Dungeon? Noone would do it cause it's too hard.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Leona Thane
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkista View Post
    The only issues I ever had in Pharos Sirius is people leaving the dungeon before everyone can skip the CS. Pharos Sirius is not hard.
    I agree that it isn't "hard", but then why don't people want to do it? It is certainly more difficult than any of the level 50 dungeons, and its minimum iLvL is 49 if I recall. I would venture to guess that these will be harder than PS based solely on the minimum iLvL req. I would also bet, that people will not want to do it because it won't be faceroll easy. People demand harder content, and then only do the content that they deem easiest and/or fastest to complete.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    M'kael Jin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 3
    Finding a party for PS is more difficult than PS itself, and Amdapor is supposed to harder than PS.

Lost City of Amdapor, Population: 0.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tatalanu Bobolanu
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkista View Post
    snip
    Well the problem with increasing the ilvl requirements on it is that it wouldn't make people more willing to do the dungeon. Like you said, people leave pharos before everyone is done with the cutscene. I've seen that happen the last few times I've gone in. It has nothing to do with the ilvl. Its because the dungeon requires some thought and skill rather than gear. The ilvl just simply isn't the issue. Its the people who just want to waltz through with their high level gear and get upset because they can't.
    (7)
    Free Company: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/67117-Lewd-Whispers-International-FC-LS-We-re-waiting...-under-your-bed

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    The irony is in making this comment in a thread about people complaining that these I50 dungeons are to hard with only I50 gear. Imagine if it was a real I90 Dungeon? Noone would do it cause it's too hard.
    And the irony ontop of that is it's only hard because of the people you're with that hardly ever listens which makes anything a challenge xD

Quote Originally Posted by L-D-Omlette View Post
    I agree that it isn't "hard", but then why don't people want to do it? It is certainly more difficult than any of the level 50 dungeons, and its minimum iLvL is 49 if I recall. I would venture to guess that these will be harder than PS based solely on the minimum iLvL req. I would also bet, that people will not want to do it because it won't be faceroll easy. People demand harder content, and then only do the content that they deem easiest and/or fastest to complete.
    1. Requires listening.
    2. Requires teamwork.
    3. Requires DPS that don't switch on autopilot.
    4. Requires healers who know what "Cure/Physick/Embrace" is.
    5. Requires tanks that aren't wearing full AF.
    6. Requires being able to dodge certain attacks...that's even easier to dodge than any other boss attack in the game.

So it's pretty challenging when people can't even do the basic 6 steps.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Noryoku Nory
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    iLvl =/= skill. I assurer you that a skilled party of ilvl 55 can beat pharos, don't blame iLvl, blame skill
    (5)
    NoRyoKu

Player
    Character
    Yurika Huin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphan View Post
    Again that's not a matter of ilvl, people can harrass players who don't know the dungeon even if they are ilvl 90, what's worst it could become an elitist war.
    Actually it very much is a matter of ivl. When I got copperbell hard in my roulette once, 3 of us were around ilvl 75 and then we had about ilvl 53 monk.
    Monk kept dying constantly, our DPS was extremely low. Soon as the monk left and ilvl80 bard came in, we cleared it in 15 minutes.
    So no, ilvl in fact does matter because it means that you've spent enough time in the game to get your ilvl that high that you know how to play your job.
    This monk was a fresh 50, still not quite sure how to play his job and extremely undergeared.

As I said earlier, at this rate, a lot of people are going to have a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRyoKu View Post
    iLvl =/= skill. I assurer you that a skilled party of ilvl 55 can beat pharos, don't blame iLvl, blame skill
    Please post video if ilvl 55s beating Pharos Sirius. I would love to see this in action.
    (1)

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast