Player
    Character
    Nyaano Nohea
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyGhost View Post
    It's the same as PS, everyone having trouble just aren't dealing with the mechanics or learning the fights.
    It's funny seeing people crying for more mechanics because the fights are so boring otherwise, yet at the same time see people that can't handle mechanics that require you actually look at the screen...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'kael Jin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyGhost View Post
    It's the same as PS, everyone having trouble just aren't dealing with the mechanics or learning the fights.
    Funny thing is, Lost City is even easier than PS.

I suspect the main reason people quit is because it's long compared to Brayflox, so it's 2.0 all over again.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Arkista View Post
    ...there is no reason to have the ilvl requirement for this new dungeon be ilvl55. It should be around ilvl75...
    You are asking to restrict more a dungeon that is doable at i55.

/notsigned

Doing it in full i90 for a DF speedrun (wannabe) may happen you get i55's. You can live with it, or do it in PF or with friends.
    (0)
    Last edited by LalaRu; 04-09-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tonrak Totorak
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I am surprised that people think it's a hard dungeon. I always thought it was quick and easy, except for the last boss.

As long as you have someone that knows how to work the doors then you are fine...If not, well....
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Soube Miseux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Amdapor is my favorite dungeon to be honest, it's quick and really very easy, it also has nice music and scenery. The only thing I won't do is run it as tank because I refuse to let people other than me tag/open the doors, I just don't trust other players to know how to do it.

I think in the last 20+ runs I've missed 1 Omen, and that was at the very beginning of the fight so we still cleared it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Haken Browning
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    The root problem just goes back to SE's reluctance to make anything with the exception of Coil and the "cutting edge" Extreme fights instantly accessible for all players (Just like how CT will always be simplistic because SE doesn't want to make it difficult due to the 24 man aspect). For whatever reason (And perhaps it's warranted from a business perspective) all content has to be immediately reachable, otherwise you feel gated.

Never mind the fact that the majority of the playerbase has probably already eclipsed content like this long ago, especially now that we have the ability to farm Coil and myth drops without limit. It's what makes people pick Brayflox over the other Amdapor, and what made people pick Haukke HM over Pharos - it's easier, shorter, and the rewards are comparable.

The result is a small portion of relevant content for old players with an expanding content pool for new players which allows them to quickly catch-up. Good for now I guess, but long term? Yikes. I can understand SE's "Appeal to your lowest common denominator approach" but after awhile I don't know how good I'll feel about a game where we're still dumbing down content while still hyping it up as difficult just because SE is afraid of some "What if they actually need to learn how to coordinate" doomsday scenario.
    (1)
    Last edited by Prototype909; 04-09-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Yurimi View Post
    ummm whats wrong with using an existing thread to post thoughts in the search function is there for a reason and the world would be a better place if more used it instead of having 600 posts on 1 subject instead of 1 organized post.
    Why? Because some people aren't looking at the date the thread was made and basing their responses off stuff that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Naunet View Post
    It depresses me that OP got 59 likes. 59 people who actually think it's okay to say players should only enter an instance when their gear is 20 ilvls above what drops.

Quote Originally Posted by LalaRu View Post
    Doing it in full i90 for a DF speedrun (wannabe) may happen you get i55's. You can live with it, or do it in PF or with friends.

Pre 2.2 (cause I don't even run high level roulette anymore) when I would get Pharos Sirius People would leave before players finished the opening cut scene. That is one reason why I made the OP. I Don't want to go down the same path as I did when I made the OP, Because no one knew where Soldiery Tomes came from and no one knew that ilvl70 gear would drop from them. Now that we do and BrayFlox HM is so much faster I really could careless about Lost City. I don't even do the Expert Roulette because I can do 3 BF runs in the time it takes to do one of the other two dungeons. As for the ilvl requirement, SE doesn't have all that great of a progression system.

This game will never have a good progression system. Gear doesn't make you a good player, it just gives you more room for error and not even by much. Look at Echo Buff even with 25% on Titan EX, People still cant beat it. Why? Cause they can't Dodge.

So just to recap since this thread is old. The Lost City is not hard, BrayFlox HM is faster.
    (1)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    iLv isn't the problem with Pharos or Amdapor. It's severe lack of player skill and severe lack of them caring when that dungeon pops because they can't run it with their brains turned off. They are not very difficult at all.
    (1)

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18