Some art including bahamut inside :0
Some art including bahamut inside :0
interview about luminous studio : http://www.4gamer.net/games/092/G009287/20121122035/
maybe some informations about FFXIV
Bahamut loot in the pictures?
Axe, 2 masks and a helm.
lodestone, japanese version :
13:15頃より 新生FINAL FANTASY XIV：ゲームを作り直すということ
なお、11月24日に行われる「新生FINAL FANTASY XIV：ゲームを作り直すということ」は、ファイナルファンタジーXIV プロデューサー兼ディレクターの吉田 直樹が、「ゲーム開発プロジェクトマネジメント講座2012」では、スクウェア・エニックスCTO／ファイナルファンタジーXIV テクニカルディレクターの橋本 善久が講師を務めます。
FFXIV Statistics and Analysis
A site which allows you to track your ingame progression,
view your leveling speed and visualize your goals.
Built by the inspiration and ideas of the FFXIV Community.
I say we let Reinheart have the day off. It's Thanksgiving!
Don't worry, we will give him thanks after he translates stuff.
get it. Thanksgiving. Hah.
Source: [Dengeki] [ my comments ]
As always, no guarantees for translation correctness. I left out some fluff, leaving only the bare points, maybe Rein will want to translate it fully. Yoshida-san talked a lot about their reasons for everything they are doing and he's being honest and straightforward about it, which I like.
- Alpha -> Wipe -> Beta, to not risk dragging any data bugs from alpha to beta
- alpha is currently the minimal niveau they want to have
- Once again a reminder from YoshiP: "alpha" = "stress test", not "play the game"
- Global alpha will start end of the month
- Plans are to get a lot of people in, if login counts drop, more will be invited. Aiming for a login rate of 60% of invited players.
- PR will be parallel to alpha, for example promoting characters not usable in alpha [I'm guessing he means new races?]
- Beta content packaging started
- Beta will be next year
- Controller UI will become available
- Phase 1 will once again be a (closed) stress test
- in Phase 2 they will increase the amount of participants
- Phase 3 will make our saved data available
- All races will be present in the beta version
- Not all animations will be present for all races, so dummy animations will be used (for example, miqo'te ears not visible on a helm)
- story of ARR
- something similar to 4 heroes of light of FFI
- end of era trailer has a continuation -> opening of ARR
- ARR is set 5 years after end of 1.0, why world has recovered so fast is related to what happened in the last moments between Louisiox and Bahamut. Will be the main of the 3 storylines in ARR until the first expansion and will explain about the Allag Empire, Dalamud, why Bahamut was sealed and what became of Louisiox.
- 2 other storylines:
- conflict with Garlemard
- first goal of the empire is to stop the beast tribes
- conquest is only secondary
- fight against the primals
- aether energy is same as FFVII lifestream: use (summoning) damages planet, needs to be stopped
- story will be episodic
- first ep: conclusion of the 7th umbral era catastrophe (cap still lv50)
- "Ishgard", "Recovery of Ala Mhigo", and "The Garlean Empire" used as examples for new story episodes/expansions
- old 1.0 story got scrapped, however the essence is still there.
- every participant gets a reward
- start will be announced in the field
- event flow:
-> get close to the area
-> party is autoformed + level synched
-> fulfill objective
-> reward based on damage and participation time
- no timers to be able to participate again
- S-sized land = S-sized house
- no expansions; if you want a bigger piece of land, you have to buy it (full price)
- if you don't need land, you can sell it to the NPC
- moving to another patch of land is also possible
- a newly bought house comes without any furniture
- apparently, in L-size houses you can distribute the space inside to make own rooms. [Not sure I got that correctly]
- LL & Ul'dah won't be shown a little longer. Both maps and the cities were changed.
- "Universal design": all DoW Guilds are marked red, no matter the city
- What was changed was mostly the ways between point of interest, making them shorter.
- In case of LL, floor textures were changed to better distinguish between lower and upper floors.
- Ul'dah's gate MIGHT be able to open now.
- PS3 Version
- PS3 Beta after PC Beta enters phase 3
- Aiming for about 40 players visible on screen
- additional to that, 4 M-Sized or 1 L-sized monster
- since there will be LOD, you won't get the impression there are only 40 models visible on screen.
- PS3 version coming along nicely
- More about the PS3 version at the beginning of 2013
- You won't be able to use macros from 1.0
- Safe to delete the old client, but don't throw away you registration codes! [probably needed to DL ARR CE?]
- Both PS3 preorder and collector's edition will have a bonus
- All music in alpha is by SOKEN
- Dev team size is currently 9 times the size of the original team
- Bahamut design comes from Hiroyuki Nagamine, base by Akihiko Yoshida. Naoki Yoshida requested for Bahamut to be less mechanic and more leaned towards classic design, so that everyone seeing him would instantly recognize him.
- He thought about voicing the NPCs too, but decided against it to favor faster update cycles. Voicing 4 languages takes too long, and should new languages be added, it would take even longer.
Last edited by Soukyuu; 11-24-2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added source.
[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]
This one caught my eye.
Looks like one of the bazaars in Thanalan?