Page 386 of 618 FirstFirst ... 286 336 376 384 385 386 387 388 396 436 486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 6180
    Player
    Character
    Yoko Ceres
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    also can't talk about the details but also planning to have something like a monster reference book (was it beastiary in English?? one where you collect mob data after kills and stuff )
    it's also know as Pokedex !
    (2)

Il est possible de dépassé la limite des 1ooo caractères, il suffit d'éditer son post ~

Player
    Character
    Boule Depoil
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Hmmm maybe Yoshi-P decided that was good enough for him ...

Card game + Databook + Scan
    (0)
    Last edited by Vingtdeux; 06-16-2012 at 04:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Agilo Sur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 23
    What is value or point of in game bestiary?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidonoidon_Sur View Post
    It's fun to reference the creatures you kill and read the humorous and insightful lore charged descriptions.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidonoidon_Sur View Post
    The same as achievements. Just something for completionists to obsess over. Nothing wrong with that.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...nE-7HqT40/edit

still working on it but finished first part (not colored in yet)
    (4)

Player
    As awesome as the bestiary is we have a thread for discussing all about the subject. (Check the link in my signature) we can love/hate it in there.

Still super-mega awesome that it's looking more and more of a reality though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    i always love bestiary :3
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eisen Marduk
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    As awesome as the bestiary is we have a thread for discussing all about the subject. (Check the link in my signature) we can love/hate it in there.

Still super-mega awesome that it's looking more and more of a reality though.
    Jynx, it only lets me like your thread once.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86

4Gamer Interview June 2012

4Gamer Interview June 2012

Sorry if my translation sucks
    Best I can while working at work.

As usual these are my translation which may be no 100% some parts may be wrong.

Source: http://www.4gamer.net/games/092/G009287/20120615020/
    -------

4Gamer:
     本日はよろしくお願いします。
     吉田さんは最高のゲームプレイを提供するうえでの重要項目として,バトルシステム,コンテンツ,育成,クエストといった複数の要素を挙げられましたが,具体的にそれぞれでどういったことを重視するのかを教えてください。
    Mr. Yoshida you mentioned to deliver the best game play the major categories being the battle system, the content, growth, and quest but could you please explain how important each of them are?

吉田氏:
      まずは,バトルシステムから説明します。FFXIVがRPGである以上,戦闘の重要性は高くなります。ただし,PlayStation 3版が発売されれば,そこでMMORPGに触れたことのないプレイヤーも増えることになります。MMORPGはパーティプレイが肝になってきますので,皆 さんが遊びやすいものを用意しないと,お互いに連携がとれずにストレスになってしまうかもしれません。
    First I’ll explain from the battle system. FFXIV is an RPG and for that the battle is very important. But at same time when the PlayStation 3 version is released there will be players who never experienced MMORPG yet. In an MMORPG party play is important so we have to prepare something that’s easy to play as well or it will create stress.

4Gamer:
     あまりにも複雑なシステムですと,覚えることが多くなりますからね。
    If the system is too complicated there are too many things to remember

吉田氏:
      ええ。ですので,今回はアクション性を極端に高めるとか,奇をてらったシステムを作ることはしません。自分のキャラクターが成長して新しい技を覚えた ら,その強さをしっかり実感できる,基本に忠実なものにしようと思っています。また,パーティ全員の力を合わせて繰り出す「バトルレジメン」という派手な 必殺技は残そうと思っています。そして,そのバトルレジメンをファイナルファンタジーシリーズならではのグラフィックスで表現できるようにします。
    Yes, so this time we’re not building a unconventional system which requires lots of action. By leveling your character they learn new skills and can feel that new strength, making it loyal to the base. Also I plan on leaving the super skill “Battle Regeme” which requires party members to work together and be able to bring those Battle Regeme express the graphics in Final Fantasy like way.

4Gamer:
     戦闘シーンを見ればファイナルファンタジーだと分かるようなイメージでしょうか。
    For example when you look at the battle scene it’s pretty obvious that this is Final Fantasy?

吉田氏:
     はい。それが実現できれば,大きなウリになると考えています。僕は,ファイナルファンタジーを“絆のゲーム”だと思っています。ですから戦闘では,バトルレジメンというキーワードで,プレイヤー同士に繋がってもらいたいですね。
    Yes, if I can express that I think that will be major selling point. I believe Final Fantasy is game based on bond. So in battle the key word being Battle Regeme which brings the bond between players.

4Gamer:
     なるほど。では,次にコンテンツの具体案について教えてください。
    I see. Next could you please explain the contents?

吉田氏:
      ほかのMMORPGでも採用されているシステムですが,ダンジョンに難度選択という概念を取り入れて,繰り返し遊べるようにしたいと思っています。例え ば,ノーマルでAというダンジョンをクリアして報酬を手に入れたあと,レベルを上げるために仕方なく何度も同じ場所に通うのではなく,難度を変えて挑戦で きるようにするわけです。
    I would like to introduce dungeon difficulty which is already used in other MMORPG’s so you can play the content over. For example when clearing normal mode on dungeon A to obtain reward, it’s not where you have to go over and over just for leveling up but something which you can change difficulty to challenge them.

4Gamer:
     これもまた,MMORPGの基本に忠実な変更ですね。難度を変えると具体的になにが変わるのでしょうか。
    This is also change that is based on MMORPG standard. By changing the difficulty what exactly changes?

吉田氏:
      レベルデザインや仕掛けが変化し,出現するモンスターの強さが変わります。また,アイテムテーブルも独自のものを用意しますので,獲得できるアイテムも 変化します。オーソドックスかもしれませんが,同じダンジョンを何度も楽しんでいただくためには,これが最善だと考えています。
    The level design or traps will change, the strength of monster will change. Also we will have specific item tables prepares so the obtainable items will change. It might be unoriginal but I believe it’s the best to have it this way to be able to enjoy the same dungeon many times.

4Gamer:
     ダンジョンが充実するのは,プレイヤーとしては嬉しいと思います。しかし,現状のFFXIVではそもそも一緒に潜る仲間が見つけづらく,そこがストレスになっているように思えるのですが。
    I believe the players would be happy to have the dungeons enriched. However with current FFXIV I think the main stress is where you can’t find people to dive into those dungeons.

吉田氏:
     それは把握しています。ですので,新たに「コンテンツファインダー」というシステムを用意します。これは,FFXIVに存在するすべてのコンテンツに対して,パーティリクエストが出せる仕組みです。しかも,これは自分のサーバーだけではなくて,複数のサーバーが検索の対象になります。’
    I understand that. So we will introduce a new system called “Content Finder”. This system can be used to request party for every content existing in FFXIV. And this system will work across several servers instead of within your own server.

4Gamer:
     詳しく教えてください。
    Please explain

吉田氏:
      例えば,Aというダンジョンに潜りたいと思ったら,コンテンツファインダーのタブを開いて,該当するダンジョンAを選択します。そして,自分のキャラク ターのレベルやプレイしたいクラス,プレイ言語などを選択してリクエストを出します。そうするとダンジョンAに行きたいと思っている人の中で,クラスバラ ンスが取れた状態で自動的にマッチングされるのです。しかも,ダンジョンまで自動で移動しますし,クリア後は勝手に戻ってきます。
    For example if you wanted to go to Dungeon A you can open up the contents finder tab and select dungeon A. From there you put your characters level and class/job you want to play and your language and from there once the class balance is set it will automatically start matching players. Also you will be automatically sent to the dungeon and upon clearing the dungeon you will automatically be sent back.

4Gamer:
     自動的なマッチングシステムですか? ちょっと伺っただけでも,とても便利そうな……。
    So it’s automated matching system? That may be very useful.....

吉田氏:
      いまはダンジョンを例に挙げましたが,とにかくパーティをリクエストするモノに関しては,すべてにおいてコンテンツファインダーで対応できるようにした いと思っています。しかも,1つのワールドですと,特定のレベル帯で人数が集まらない可能性がありますので,複数のワールドから,それぞれ自分にあった目 的のために集まって,また自分のワールドに帰っていくような仕組みにします。
     ここは,かなりグローバルスタンダードを意識して作り込みました。パーティを組めないせいでコンテンツを楽しめないと,そこでやめてしまう人も多くなると思うんです。
    I just gave the dungeon as example but for those stuff that requires party I want to make it where you can use this content finder. By making it world specific it may be possible where you still can’t making the full group so by making several worlds people can group up for the same goal and go back to own world afterwards. For this one I based it on global standards. I believe lots of people quit because they can’t form a party and enjoy the content.

4Gamer:
     サーバーを越えてパーティを組めるんですか?
    So you will be able to cross worlds to form parties?

吉田氏:
     ええ。いくら素晴らしいダンジョンを作っても,パーティを組んでいただかないと始まりません。そこで,最高のダンジョンを作ったなら,それを十分に味わっていただけるように最高のサポートシステムを用意するという,一貫した流れになっています。
    Yes. No matter how well the dungeon is created if you can’t form a party it won’t even start. So if we made an awesome dungeon we need to prepare a support system where they can experience this fully, it’s to make a consistent flow.

4Gamer:
     サーバーをまたいでプレイできるということは,ダンジョンは原則としてインスタンスになっていくという認識でいいんですよね。
    So for dungeons it’s OK to think that it’s mainly going to be instanced and where you cross servers correct?

吉田氏:
     はい。基本的にはインスタンスで遊んでもらうものだと思って間違いないです。
    Yes. In general you can think that you’ll be playing instanced.

4Gamer:
     中にはソロ向けのダンジョンなども?
    Are there solo based dungeons?

吉田氏:
      そこは,バランスが問題ですね。ソロで挑戦できるようにするのは難しくありませんが,例えば,8人でバランスが調整されているダンジョンに,1人で挑戦 しても,たぶん敵が強すぎてストレスになるだけだと思うんですよ。ですので,あまり意味がないと思っています。Riftにはありますが,うーん,費用対効 果としてどうかなと。
    That would depend on balance. It’s not hard to make it where you can challenge solo but for example for a dungeon which was balanced for 8 players by challenging solo I believe the enemy will be too strong and causes stress

4Gamer:
     ダンジョンは,コンテンツファインダーでパーティを作って遊んでもらうことが前提なんですね。
    So for dungeon you want them to use the content finder to form a party and play correct?

吉田氏:
      そうですね。ただ,僕はコンテンツファインダーを使って遊ぶのが,ソロプレイの延長だと思っているんですよ。同じ目的のプレイヤー同士が自動的にマッチ ングされるので,「よろしく!」って集まって始めて,敵を倒したら「お疲れさま」って言って終わりですよね。それくらいパーティプレイが気軽なものになる と考えています。
     使い方も機能的になっていて,一度でも行ったことのあるダンジョンなら,リストからいつでも選べるようになっています。とても簡単ですよ。
    Yes, I believe using the content finder to play is extension of solo play. You join up with players with same goals and say “Hello!” at beginning and after taking down the enemy say “Thanks for party” and that it. I think it’s ok for party play to be casual like that. The system is very easy, if you have gone to the dungeon even once you can choose from the list and play any time.

4Gamer:
     いつでも,どこからでも気軽にダンジョンやコンテンツに参加できるというわけですか。
    So you can join anytime from anywhere to join the dungeon or other contents?

吉田氏:
      はい。ログインしてすぐにコンテンツファインダーを開いて,ダンジョンを選んでリクエストを出したら,「ほかの参加者を待っています」といった表示が出 ますので,あとは雑誌でも読みながら時間をつぶしていただければ,集まったときに自動的に始まるという感じです。ただし,最初の1回くらいはちょっと冒険 をしてもらおうかと思っています。
    Yes. You can login open up the content finder and choose the dungeon and put up a request, it will display waiting for other players so you can just read magazine and stuff to kill time, once everyone is grouped it will automatically start. For the first time I want them to go out on an adventure.

4Gamer:
     最初は,ワールドマップを実際に歩いてダンジョンを見つける必要があるということですね。
    So for first time, you want them to actually walk the world map and find the dungeon correct?

吉田氏:
     そういうことです。
    Yes, that’s it.

4Gamer:
      なるほど,コンテンツファインダーの仕組みは分かりました。ただ,パーティを組むとチャットがハードルになることもありますよね。PS3版では,みんな がキーボードを用意しているわけではないので気軽に参加できると思います。しかし,PC版ではキーボードがありますから,無言でいると,「どうしてこの人 はしゃべらないんだろう?」と思われる可能性が高いですよね。コミュニケーションを強いられるケースは,どうしても起きてしまうのではないでしょうか。
    I see. I understood the function of the content finder. However when you form a party the next issue is the chat. For PS3 users not all will have keyboards ready so they can join easily but compared to those PC players with keyboard and you don’t speak, the PC players may think “Why doesn’t this player talk?” I believe there will be cases where communications are required.

吉田氏:
     そもそも,なぜチャットを強いられることになるかというと,コンテンツに参加する前に,会話が必要になる局面があるからでしょう?
    First off, why is chat required? That’s because before joining content you need to be able to communicate right?

4Gamer:
     ……なるほど。
    …. I see.

吉田氏:
      例えば,僕がパーティリーダーだとします。コンテンツファインダーがない状態でパーティを集めようとすると,友達に「ねえ,今日ちょっとあのアイテムが ほしいからBのダンジョンに行きたいんだけど,どう?」という感じで,まず僕から声をかけなければいけません。しかも,その友達が「いいよ」と言ってくれ ても,4人用のコンテンツならまだ2人足りない。ほかのフレンドがログインしてくれないと,あとはもうシャウトするか,パーティサーチを使うしかない。つ まり,知らない人にこちらから声をかけないといけませんよね。
    For example if I was the party leader and didn’t have the content finder, when I want to form a party I would ask my friend “Hey I want to get that item so want to go to dungeon B, what you think?” and first talk to them. Even if my friend says “Sure” if it’s 4 player content we’re still 2 short. If other friends log in the only method left is to shout or use party search, so we need to end up talking to strangers.

4Gamer:
     確かに。その“知らない人に声をかける”というハードルは,意外と高いと思います。
    Yes, that step to talk to stranger is pretty hard.
    (17)
    Last edited by Reinheart; 06-16-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Page 386 of 618 FirstFirst ... 286 336 376 384 385 386 387 388 396 436 486 ... LastLast