Page 375 of 618 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 6180
    Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Chardrizard View Post
    Very nice addition, the recruit system does works fine, people are just not smart enough to know how to utilize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colino View Post
    Indeed. It's disheartening because it actually would work if everyone used it.

Thanks for the update Rein.
    Yep would be nice if everyone did start using, I use it every time when I make pick up parties and you can copy the text you put in the body of the message on that recruit screen so I just paste that into my shout with how many currently is in the party & to join from the PT recruit since if you manually invite it screws up the system and you have to remake the recruit.

Only problem I had once was I had specific classes to join and someone joined because he/she had that job but tried to come with another one lol, was no biggy but was like WTH where is the WHM in the party!?!?!
    (0)
    Last edited by Reinheart; 06-13-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Player

WOW the Recruitment "fix" is actually one of the best things they could have done, it turns it into a mini content finder so to say. I've used it for LS events but this is a whole new level, now if we could just get people to use it ><

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
    WOW the Recruitment "fix" is actually one of the best things they could have done, it turns it into a mini content finder so to say. I've used it for LS events but this is a whole new level, now if we could just get people to use it ><
    I force it on my LS hah, either you use it or you don't get a raid spot. Now almost everyone in my LS knows how to use it properly
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangelus View Post
    /cheer reinheart =) take your time =)
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...tRVx4bKxY/edit

I'll post it in here once it's finished but that's what I got so far.
    You have to scroll around some since I'm translating here and there going back and forth easy ones and hard sections lol.

Gotta do some work stuff again so back to work for now and I'll try work on it later then get it checked by grammar police on the forums (if they want to...)
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ronberku Vantarius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...tRVx4bKxY/edit

I'll post it in here once it's finished but that's what I got so far.
    You have to scroll around some since I'm translating here and there going back and forth easy ones and hard sections lol.

Gotta do some work stuff again so back to work for now and I'll try work on it later then get it checked by grammar police on the forums (if they want to...)
    Can't wait to see it finished. Reading some interesting information. Certainly a lot more discussed than in the other interviews. Also quite interested in the housing.
    (0)
    My gallery of regulart art and random drawings: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/10502152/1/New%20sketchbook?h=7762c3

Player
    Character
    Sky Box
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Well fortunately with it being Japanese the Translator isnt really needed thus the whole interview goes faster, and more questions! wewt.

Man thats a lot of translating ya doing Rein! Awesome stuff.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    New changes to the Interface, Map, and Jump! Announcement to expansion pack idea
    hmmmm...... I will not over react to the words "Expansion pack" lol
    (0)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Brilliant interview Reinheart, thanks for translating. I've been relaying the juicy parts to my LS and I can almost hear them squee'ing from my house .
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Wow pretty happy to see them adding sort by Durability, thank you for listening to my suggestion dev team lol

Not really bothered about the party recruit I prefer the search menu, although it has a somewhat different function, too bad so few uses that as well though.

Hopefully they make the contend finder really good and intuitive, something that party recruit has been lacking from day one.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jinko; 06-13-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86

Game Watch Interview June 2012

Game Watch Interview translation :

Sorry if my translation sucks
    Best I can while working at work.

As usual these are my translation which may be no 100% some parts may be wrong.

Source: http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...09_538873.html

--------------------------------

――今回事前に約束していた最新トレーラーの公開を見送ったわけですが、吉田さんがユーザーさんに対して約束を守らなかったことについて、私は結構シリアスに捉えています。実際どういった経緯で公開を見送ったのか、そのあたりからお聞かせください。

You skipped the presentation of the promised trailer, I take the matter serious where you broke your promise to the users . Please explain for what reason you decided to pass the release of the trailer?

吉田直樹氏:ト レーラーが完成している状態でギリギリ直前まで迷っていたのですが、僕がプレーヤーに約 束している最終目標は、今の何十倍ものプレーヤーを獲得してこなければいけないということだと思っています。今回、後程「2.0」をご覧に入れる機会も 作っていますが、今僕らはとにかく早く新生「XIV」をお届けしたいと思って、αとβにスケジュールの主眼を置いて開発を進めています。いわゆるファース トローンチではなく、セカンドローンチになり、しかも、約2年運営してきたアセットが大量にある中で、特に序盤のコンバートを優先しています。最初のロー ンチで不評だったユーザーインターフェイスや、ゲーム序盤の導線のなさ、コンテンツの足りなさなどで非常に大きなダメージを受けたので、現段階の開発はα テストとβテストの序盤に特に力を入れているんです。
    Yoshida: The trailer is completed and wasn’t decided till the last minute but my final goal for that promise is to bring much much more players . I prepared where you can view 2.0 late ron but right now we are developing to deliver XIV 2.0 as soon as possible and aiming for alpha/beta schedule. This isn’t a first launch but second launch and also been running for 2 years so there are lots of assets, especially we are prioritizing to convert the starting point. When game first launched the UI was unpopular and how the game’s opening didn’t have any leads, lack of content. We took a big damage therefore right now the development team will put much power into alpha/beta tests game start.

このE3という会場の中で、しかもコンソールのゲームがたくさんでてきて、おそらく「ハリウッドスタイルの演出を徹底したFPSタイト ル」が大量に投下されると推測される中で、「新生 XIV」の新エンジンでのウォークスルーや単発のバトルデモを出すこともできます。確かにそれは、「FFXIV」を知っている既存のプレーヤーの皆さんに はものすごく魅力的に映ると思うのですね。他のゲームと比較もできますし。しかしより多くのプレーヤーにとっては「ああ、ウォークスルーだよね。綺麗だけ ど派手なシーンはないよね。もっと燃えられないの?」というネガティブを生む可能性もあります。
    In a place like E3 where tons of console games are introduced at same time where they show lots of FPS titles with Hollywood style of performance we could show FFXIV 2.0’s new engine or walk through, or battle demo. And for those current players that knows FFXIV this is very appealing, which you can compare with other games as well. However it may be possible to get negative comments from players where they may see it and say “Oh it’s just a walk through, it’s pretty but nothing amazing, can’t you do more?”

それは、MMORPGのプロモーションの難しさでもあると思うのですが、そう考えた時に、いわゆる「FF」的な素材がもっともっと貯まっ てから一気に公開したほうが、新規のプレーヤーに対してインパクトがものすごく強いだろうと言うのが、僕が最後まで悩んで懸念して今回公開するのを1回取 りやめようと言う結論に至った理由です。新生「FFXIV」をメジャーにする。たくさんのお客様を含め、既存のプレーヤーの皆さんが、誇りを持ってプレイ できるゲームになること、それが吉田のもっとも重要な責任だと思ったからです。
    I believe that is one of the hard parts about promoting an MMORPG. I believe it would deliver more impact to new players if we can deliver more FF like materials and releasing them all at once. This is the reason I was thinking till last minute and came to decision to pass this times release. To make FFXIV 2.0 major and to make the customers and current players have pride in playing this game, that is my main responsibility.

例えば間に合わないとか、自信がないと言うわけではなくて、MMORPGのプロモーションの難しさということと、特に開発が既存のプレー ヤーに早く新生を届けてあげると言うことを大前提にしているがゆえに、例えば派手な素材を作ることは、αやβに関係のないところを作っていかなくてはなら ず、ある意味無駄な作業になってしまうので、それで開発にスケジュールダメージがあるくらいなら、そういった素材が潤沢にそろったタイミングで実直にPR を始めた方が誰にとっても幸せな結果になるのではないかという判断をしました。
    For example it’s not that it’s not ready or we don’t have confidence, the difficulty of promoting and MMORPG and we are making it main priority or deliver 2.0 to the current existing players to make some major material we would have to make something that doesn’t have anything to do with alpha or beta and becomes in a extra work without any meaning, and if that also is going to damage the developments schedule it would be better to wait till those materials are ready and promoting them would create a better result for everyone.

プレーヤーの皆さんに対して、ロードマップを公開して、これまでずっと約束を守りながらやってきました。今僕が一時的に批難されることを 回避して、無理やりE3にトレイラーを出したとしても、それが「XIV」と今のプレーヤーにとって幸せな結果になるのかというと、僕はそうではないと思う のです。今、僕が約束を守れなかったことで非難されたとしても、最後は最高のゲーム体験と最高のストーリーと、最高のグラフィックスをお届けできて、多く のプレーヤーが新生「FFXIV」を楽しんでもらえるなら、それが一番良いと考えたつもりでいます。
    We released the road map to all the players and have been keeping the promise and progressing until now. Even if I avoided and released the E3 trailer if that was going to make those current players happy, I don't think so. Even if I was said I didn't keep the promise at the end I think it's best if I can deliver the best game experience with best story and best graphics to make more players enjoy FFXIV 2.0.

――その代わりといってはなんですが、大量のスクリーンショットが公開されました。中にはかなり興味深いものも出てきましたね。これは盛ってない絵と考えていいのですか?
    There was lots of screen shot that was released. Within those some were very interesting. Can we think that these pictures are not touched up images?

吉田氏:も ちろんです。しかもまだ若干グラフィックスに関しては向上の余地があるので、あそこから 15%くらいは磨いていきます。昨日「AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY-FINAL FANTASY REALTIME TECH DEMO」をご覧になりましたか? あのエンバイロメントを調節しているスタッフが、このあとアセットのパラメータについて数値調整に参加してくれるの で、彼らの数値調整が入ると、エンバイロメントは特にもう一段上がると思います。
    Yoshida: Of course, however the for the graphics there is still room for improvement so we will brush up about 15% more. Did you check out the 'AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY-FINAL FANTASY REALTIME TECH DEMO'? The staff that worked on environment for that one will come in and help the parameter adjustments so with their adjustment the environment should improve one step more.

――今は「AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY」のテクノロジーはこの中に入っていないのですか?
    The technology from AGNI’S PHILOSOPHY is not used?

吉田氏:入っ ていないです。これあまり言うと橋本に怒られるんですが(笑)、「AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY」のリアルタイムシェーダーなんかは、次世代の技術になってくるので、そのあたりは実装してしまうと動かなくなってしまうので入って いません。ただ、リアルタイムライティングだったり、シャドウというのは、テクノロジー推進部のグラフィックススタッフが今回のエンジンに参加しているの で、そういう意味では現世代の兄弟エンジンと言えるでしょうか。
      ただ、この「XIV」の新エンジンに関してはMMORPG専用で、「XIV」に特化して僕が設計のベースとして、達成して欲しいという項 目を全部あげた上で生み出されたエンジンになっているので、そういう意味ではいわゆるリアルタイムレンダリングに特化したエンジンとはまた少し毛色が違う のですね。ただ、作っているスタッフはテクノロジー推進部からの協力スタッフですし、姉妹作という言い方ができると思います。橋本は「XIV」のテクニカ ルディレクターでもありますし。
    Yoshida: It’s not used, if I say too much I’m going to get in trouble from Hashimoto (laugh) but, the real time shaders used in AGNI’S PHILOSOPHY is next generation technology so if we release those it’s going to be hard to make it work. However The real-time writing or shadow technology's graphic staff is working on current engine so in that sense we can say it’s brother engine for current generation. However this new engine for XIV is specific for MMORPG and was an engine which was based on my requests for stuff I wanted them to fulfil so in that sense it’s bit different from engine which is specialized in real time rendering. And the staff is from the technology advancement team so we can say this engine is sister(said brother earlier...) Hashimoto is also the technical director for XIV also.
    (32)
    Last edited by Reinheart; 06-13-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Page 375 of 618 FirstFirst ... 275 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 385 425 475 ... LastLast