Page 574 of 618 FirstFirst ... 74 474 524 564 572 573 574 575 576 584 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,740 of 6180
    Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
    Well... if you take away your mind or pause it for couple of years, when you resume it won't you feel like nothing happened?
    i guess so lol but we don't know if they where stuck someone where no one knew for 5Years or if they just teleport within one sec guess we find out later .
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Thal Icebound
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    word for word and translation should never be used in the same sentence, like, ever >.>

Rein might use different words, but ultimately he will come up with roughly the same meaning. I asked for the kanji earlier so that we could look into the meaning of the kanji and appropriate synonyms for the phrase in question, which has been the discussion since last page. Rein wouldn't be able to tell us much more
    And I suspect that at some point next week, we'll get a clearer translation from Bayohne, Rukkiri or Okiput that lays down the correct version.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jacien Visenad
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    So since we're "hollows", are we gonna fill up the Primalvessel with Primal Souls in order to open the Labyrinth of the First Flame, kill Bahamut, and relink the Aetheryte?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nadien Kirisame
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by NadienKirisame View Post
    Can we please keep the translation thread clean... if you wish to talk about something please create a new thread for that and then put a link in it back to here so if people need to see what was said in the translation then can come look... or quote the translation in the OP of the new thread... but please lets not clutter this thread much more with discussion.

The cat is bemused =-.-=
    Going to quote myself here... please take discussion to a different thread...

The cat is bemused =-.-=
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Aki Rouscelia
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    You're all taking the hollow thing out of context. There was no mention that we are actually "hollow" or "empty"; it is purely metaphorical as Aguri has mentioned. It is the way we are viewed by the people who lived through the 5 years of hardship that we skipped. Whether or not is some kind of derogatory statement towards us we will yet find.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Hollow beings, huh? My hallow form will clearly be in the shape of a tonberry :O.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Irie Lys
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 1
    For the translation in english, i don't know the best word, but for me (and many players) in french it's "revenant". A person who should be dead, and who re-appears (a being between a ghost and a living dead)

• REVENANT (noun)
    The noun REVENANT has 2 senses:
    1. a person who returns after a lengthy absence
    2. someone who has returned from the dead

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenant
    (10)
    Last edited by panzertroll; 01-28-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aitheria Crimson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by panzertroll View Post
    For the translation in english, i don't know the best word, but for me (and many players) in french it's "revenant". A person who should be dead, and who re-appears (a being between a ghost and a living dead)
    so everyone grand company leaders and cid and such think were dead not knowing what louisx did so everyones like OMG THEY ARE ALIVE!?
    (0)

"Thy life is a river to bear rapture and sorrow
    To listen to suffer to entrust until tomorrow
    In one fleeting moment, from the land doth life flow
    Yet in one fleeting moment for the new leaf doth grow"

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKayla View Post
    so everyone grand company leaders and cid and such think were dead not knowing what louisx did so everyones like OMG THEY ARE ALIVE!?
    that make sense yep pretty much that
    (1)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 01-28-2013 at 01:33 PM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Irie Lys
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 1
    Why not. It's Louisoix who cast the spell of teleportation and he dies immediately. I don't think the teleportation had been planned in advance. It was his last trump card to save a maximum of adventurers. And nobody knows about it.

(maybe)
    (1)
    Last edited by panzertroll; 01-28-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Page 574 of 618 FirstFirst ... 74 474 524 564 572 573 574 575 576 584 ... LastLast