Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidonoidon_Sur View Post
    Reinheart help me understand this. Why are they laughing about airship price? Does that mean it will be really high (like the airship pass was in FFXI) or that the person doesn't want to answer the question yet? Kind of confused by the response. Lost in the translation I guess.
    Pretty sure there is an answer but they pushing the info back to keep players wondering
    We should have the info soon so wouldn't worry much here, doubt it's going to be that expensive.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Red Moon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Reinheart help me understand this. Why are they laughing about airship price? Does that mean it will be really high (like the airship pass was in FFXI) or that the person doesn't want to answer the question yet? Kind of confused by the response. Lost in the translation I guess.
    correct me if I was wrong, but wasn't it 500gil per ride?
    ( or you mean farming the keys? )
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Agilo Sur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed View Post
    correct me if I was wrong, but wasn't it 500gil per ride?
    ( or you mean farming the keys? )
    Guess I was talking about airship to Kazahm. That pass you could buy, without doing the quests, but it cost 500k. Which was prohibitively expensive if you were a newer player (i.e., level 25 or whatever that kazahm was).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Red Moon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Guess I was talking about airship to Kazahm. That pass you could buy, without doing the quests, but it cost 500k. Which was prohibitively expensive if you were a newer player (i.e., level 25 or whatever that kazahm was).
    you mean...people really buy that key?
    where is your ls mate?
    I've never meet any new player who bought it before...
    normally only old player with mule account bought because they don't want to waste their time farming keys and have alot of gil, after all if they made it cheap than no one will do the keys quest
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    nyis started a thread saying he wants to drink alcohol in game, and people also said they want drinking in game since they have bars and guilds etc. They do understand due to the rating it might not be possible to name it alcohol like Beer or w/e specific drinks so they were just saying maybe make names look alike etc.

Original Thread Link: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/16260
    It's funny that game companies still release online only games with a rating system, as the ESRB does not rate online content, and we all know that online content typically goes to the 18 range. So it's quite silly to have this be an issue.
    Also WoW, which is also rated T for teen, has alcohol in it, which makes me question this even more.
    (0)

While the US rating probably would not be an issue, it is an issue in other countries. It my understanding that Australia for example has extremely tight regulations and adding something like alcohol can increase the rating several notches. On top of it, the process for re-rating in Australia is expensive and legally enforceable - meaning that if the rating changed SE would -have- to pay for the process. It is situations like that they want to avoid, I am sure.
    (1)
    Pooka Pucel - Sanctus Refero - Besaid - http://www.sanctusrefero.com/

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuun View Post
    It's funny that game companies still release online only games with a rating system, as the ESRB does not rate online content, and we all know that online content typically goes to the 18 range. So it's quite silly to have this be an issue.
    Also WoW, which is also rated T for teen, has alcohol in it, which makes me question this even more.
    WoW and Lotro have alcohol but they don't make you more powerful when you use them (as far as I know.) Characters can become inebriated but then the visual effects change to reflect drunkeness... If the characters got beneficial buffs from alcohol it would potentially change the rating.

That being said the disclaimer about online content not being rated by esrb just covers interaction with other people. Basically saying you might run into some foul mouthed players online, and we can't rate for that.

The content in the game itself is still subject to rating.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    translated...
    1ST FFXIV PRODUCER LETTER SPECIAL EDITION

Edit: This was producer letter that was inside the magazine/book so I posted along with the thread about the interview inside that magazine/book.
    (2)
    Last edited by Reinheart; 08-17-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    New Info

Quote Originally Posted by tetsurock View Post
    電撃プレイステーションのコメントで、1.20が秋 1.21が冬
    1.19が晩夏で第一弾の目途、1.21冬で第二弾の大改修を予定しているそうです

Per tetsurock he is saying in the Dengeki Playstation (JP game magazine) 1.20 is planned for Fall and 1.21 is planned for Winter. 1.19 is the first major patch and 1.21 is going to be the 2nd big update.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Atehki Mejastra
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Thanks for that Reinheart! lol Airship Price response. ufufufu
    (1)

Page 51 of 618 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast