Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Player

Super Mario World Stage 2 Behind the bush.

How about giving us bonus xp when we are not logged on

like aion and wow, i really liked rest xp that u get when u r not logged in for certain hour. gives player to catch on others. how about it.
    (14)
    Last edited by zoekwon; 06-28-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Dance like you mean it !

Player
    Character
    Mikael Imperius
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I've never heard of this before.
    So they reward you for not playing?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rowyne Olde
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    You know, like Surplus, only in reverse.

*ahem* Now that I'm done being a smarty britches.

He's talking about rested exp. Here's how it's done in WoW:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Rested

Player
    Character
    Kino Fatale
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    Quote Originally Posted by zoekwon View Post
    like aion and wow, i really liked rest xp that u get when u r not logged in for certain hour. gives player to catch on others. how about it.
    I'll get to this in a moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Rowyne View Post
    You know, like Surplus, only in reverse.

*ahem* Now that I'm done being a smarty britches.

He's talking about rested exp. Here's how it's done in WoW:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Rested
    Okay. I've read enough to cast my two cents. They've stated several times that they are trying to create 'new' elements, and reform xiv with original content. How would this help that direction in any way? They've also specifically stated they will not be trying to absorb any elements of another current gen mmo if they can help it.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Laura Palmer
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    They already said they're getting rid of it in 1.19 I believe.
    Ah, thanks. I might've missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicofGaia View Post
    I'll get to this in a moment...

Okay. I've read enough to cast my two cents. They've stated several times that they are trying to create 'new' elements, and reform xiv with original content. How would this help that direction in any way? They've also specifically stated they will not be trying to absorb any elements of another current gen mmo if they can help it.
    How would it hurt? Not doing something just because somebody else did it is what made FFXIV so bad to begin with. Rest XP doesn't mean they can't add new elements and original content. Do you complain on the Toyota forums that other auto manufacturers also include anti-lock brakes and air conditioning in their models?
    (5)
    My name is a killing word.
    (Seriously: "Caerith" was a forbidden name when I signed up on the forums.)

Eorzea should be a world, not a lobby.

Player
    Character
    Xatsh Vei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You can look at surplus as being a bonus sorta... if you do not play for awhile surplus goes down there for your sp goes up.

So technique if you put it in perspective. Rested Bonus is the Maximum obtainable SP. These are times of strait killing

WoW/Rift Rested bonus 200% (100% Possible Max XP gain) = last 20mins
    FFXIV Surplus 0 100% sp (100% Possible Max Sp Gain)= last 3hrs

Time it takes in WoW/Rift to get to 50% sp: No Bonus XP 100% xp (50% Possible Max xp gain) = 20mins
    Time it takes in FFXIV to get to 50% sp:FFXIV Surplus 5 50% SP (50% Possible Max Sp gain)= 1800 Mins

So if you look at the real Changes, FFXIV gives you around 1,780mins more Rested Bonus then most the mainstream mmos... just they do not call it "bonus".

It is the whole perspective things, both games are technically taking away 50% of the sp. One is perceived as a bonus, one as a penalty... but in reality they are both the same thing a 50% reduction in leveling over time.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Xatsh View Post
    You can look at surplus as being a bonus sorta... if you do not play for awhile surplus goes down there for your sp goes up.

So technique if you put it in perspective. Rested Bonus is the Maximum obtainable SP. These are times of strait killing

WoW/Rift Rested bonus 200% (100% Possible Max XP gain) = last 20mins
    FFXIV Surplus 0 100% sp (100% Possible Max Sp Gain)= last 3hrs

Time it takes in WoW/Rift to get to 50% sp: No Bonus XP 100% xp (50% Possible Max xp gain) = 20mins
    Time it takes in FFXIV to get to 50% sp:FFXIV Surplus 5 50% SP (50% Possible Max Sp gain)= 1800 Mins

So if you look at the real Changes, FFXIV gives you around 1,780mins more Rested Bonus then most the mainstream mmos... just they do not call it "bonus".

It is the whole perspective things, both games are technically taking away 50% of the sp. One is perceived as a bonus, one as a penalty... but in reality they are both the same thing a 50% reduction in leveling over time.

Perception is a powerful thing though. Nobody complained about the exp rings introduced into FFXI which made it easier to level up in short bursts, but the howling is pretty consistant in FFXIV when it comes to the surplus/fatigue system.

SE should have just reworked the whole fatigue system as an exp/sp bonus and players would be cheering the idea rather than complaining about it even though the exp/sp gains would be exactly the same.

Easier yet, we could have players that were actually smart enough to realize this and stop whining... (but I'm dreaming big here)
    (13)
    Last edited by Zantetsuken; 06-28-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Perception is a powerful thing though. Nobody complained about the exp rings introduced into FFXI which made it easier to level up in short bursts, but the howling is pretty consistant in FFXIV when it comes to the surplus/fatigue system.

SE should have just reworked the whole fatigue system as an exp/sp bonus and players would be cheering the idea rather than complaining about it even though the exp/sp gains would be exactly the same.

Easier yet, we could have players that were clever enough to figure this out and stop whining...
    That's correct. A bonus is always viewed more favorably than a penalty, even if the end result might be the same (and it's not).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    you log off for 1day you log in with 200% more SP but there a amount of hour it can last
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Character
    Wolfie Wu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Do away with a penalty for playing too much and put in a benefit for playing too little.

Staying logged out in a city/hamlet for 48 hours will give you 1 level's worth of double exp.
    (4)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast