Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Suggestions With Culinarian

What is the suggested recipe to level with?
    (0)

Player

I believe the correct way is to fish for fish around your rank and then cook them. That way you dont waste too much gil and dont have to get so much mats. Then around 30 you can start making miq'abobs. The recipe will be given to you via local leve rewards.
    (0)

Player

Thanks Aurora ill try that!
    (0)

Player

i don't really care about how much gil i spend. Just as long as its efficient. Any other way to level up like carpenters just make masks all the time. Anything for CUL ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luluna Eve
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I just used Fish to get my cooking up and local leves, i know you can get good skill ups for making sand. I am now making Tuna kabobs and getting OK exp from them. I took a break to level my GS more but a good tip is try and collect all the ingredients you are going to need every chance you get, and now with most stacking to 99 its not so bad to store them. Fisher or Botanist is good to use with Culinarian.
    (0)

Player

Just look at a list of Recipes and always try a recipe 5-10 ranks above you. Strive to do high level recipes that are still doable and don't botch every other attempt. As of now anything above 500sp is great! If your getting 700sp then that means you'll botch a few synths.
    (0)
    Aurora Dragoon - Rabanastre Server

Player
    Character
    Thuggly Wuggly
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Fishings great, but i got bored quickly with that

Dodo Omelettes are great for SP and Gil around 20. If you make the Juices for crafting aswell, they go well. try and find as many single item recipes as you can.
    (0)

http://kotrls.guildwork.com

Player
    Character
    Thuggly Wuggly
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Ok heres what i skilled up on post level 10, as that was a combination of fish and leves and took mere hours to do.

These are all pre 1.15 patch update.

10 to 20 :

Maple Sugar = 1 x Maple Syrup, 1 x Fire Shard
    Sweet Cream = 1 x Maple Sugar, 1 x Buffalo Milk, 2 x Lightning Shards.
    Salted Butter = 1 x Sweet Cream, 1 x Earth Shard.

20 - 30

Dried Prunes = 1 x Pixie Plums, 2 x Ice Shard
    Tomato Sauce (For dodo omelettes) = 1 x Wild Onion, 1 x Garlean Garlic, 1 x Table Salt, 1 x Ruby Tomato, 1 x Midland Basil, 1 x Olive Oil, 2 x Fire Shard
    Dodo Omelettes = 1 x Dodo Egg, 1 x Tomato Sauce, 1 x Aldgoat Milk, 1 x Mineral Water, 1 x Highland Parsley, 1 x Salted Butter, 1 x Table Salt, 2 x Fire Shard.
    Crab Balls (For a fisherman friend of mine, and supplier of fish ) = 1 x River Crab, 1 x Rye Flour, 1 x Moth Pupa, 1 x Distilled Water, 3 x Earth Shard.

30 - present Level

Meat Miq'abobs = 1 x Dodo Tenderloin, 1 x Paprika, 1 x Ruby Tomato, 1 x Lavender Oil, 1 x Table Salt, 1 x Black Pepper, 3 x Fire Shard.
    Apple Juice = 6 x Faerie Apple, 4 x Lightning Shard
    Mulled Tea = 1 x Thanalan Tea Leaves, 1 x Cloves, 1 x Cinnamon, 1 x Pearl Ginger, 1 x Mineral Water,

These mixed i with local leves has done me well, I just wanted something other than fish to sand synths. I did chuck in the odd fish synth in between just for SP, when i had run out of materials, but not a lot.

The dodo omelettes were good to keep for sytnh food, gave some away for crafting gear and sold the rest for 9000Gil each in wards.
    The Crab balls were given to an LS fisher who supplies all our fish.
    Meat Miths, Tuna Miths, Knights Bread, Sauerkraut are all foods that I make regularly and although not fantastic SP, around 300 a synth, I do it for LS members for "Endgame" foods.
    (1)
    Last edited by ThugHunter; 04-19-2011 at 11:10 PM. Reason: cuase i'm a muppet

Quote Originally Posted by ThugHunter View Post
    Crab Balls (For a fisherman friend of mine, and supplier of fish ) = 1 x Helmet Crab, 1 x Rye Flour, 1 x Moth Pupa, 1 1 x Distilled Water, 3 x Earth Shard.
    Fairly sure that recipe requires River Crabs, but I suppose there could be multiple combos for crab balls.

Anywho, I've just been making lot of useless, useless, useless river and sea sand :P Ok, it's not completely useless but it kind of sucks that it's only used for low level crafts. But! I guess I can try switching over to Miq'abobs soon Thanks for the tip!
    (0)
    Real Men of Final Fantasy XI: Mr. Manthra - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y7YrvSjxDg

Player
    Character
    Thuggly Wuggly
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Anybody View Post
    Fairly sure that recipe requires River Crabs
    You are correct sir
    (0)