Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Crafting Guild Support

I have always thought that the guild support did nothing unless the recipe called for the support. I recently asked a linkshell member to craft something for me, but since the recipe was like 5 ranks above him, he told me to wait while he went and grabbed support. I told him that support did nothing unless the recipe called for it. He then starting laughing and calling me nuts. Then the whole LS got involved, with about half agreeing with me and the other half saying we were nuts.

So, the question is, Does guild support raise your chance of success on recipes that does not require it? Has anyone done any testing on this, if so, can you point me in the right direction? I could have sworn there was even a "Ask the Dev" or something like that, that said it did nothing unless it was called for, but I can't seem to find it.

I would really like to find someone that has data to prove one way or the other, so if anyone has any data, or knows where I can find it, please let me know. Thanks!

Of course, just someone saying it does or doesn't really isn't going to prove anything. I have heard millions of stories of people claiming it helps and a million who say it does nothing, so just hold your breath and refrain from telling us your story on why you think it does or doesn't do anything.

I'm looking for confirmation from either the Dev. Team and/or someone with data to prove one way or another, so please, all of you trolls out there, just keep your thoughts to yourself please.

Also, I do not want this thread to turn into what every other thread on these forums turn into, a big troll fest between haters and white knights. Please STAY ON TOPIC, NO TROLLING, NO WHITE KNIGHTING, TESTING DATA, and FACTS ONLY!!

Thank you!
    (1)
    Last edited by Fiddle_Sticks; 06-28-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Player

Guild support DOES NOT raise success for synthing.

Guild support DOES raising success(or prevents uber failing) when a recipe requires/recomends it.

This is based on the fact that ive done 5 crafts to 50 now, and what i have personaly seen while crafting with and without it.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by TheVedis View Post
    Guild support DOES NOT raise success for synthing.

Guild support DOES raising success(or prevents uber failing) when a recipe requires/recomends it.

This is based on the fact that ive done 5 crafts to 50 now, and what i have personaly seen while crafting with and without it.
    Awesome, thanks!

But again, I have heard millions of stories just like this, on both sides...

"It works, I did 50 crafts with and 50 without it was much more easy with it"

"It doesn't work, I did 50 crafts with and 50 without, I didn't notice any difference."

Really looking for solid testing with a log of results, and a much bigger sample size than 50 crafts. Or I'm looking to fish a comment from the Dev. Team with a solid answer, not the famous "We will look into it"

Thanks for the reply though, and don't get me wrong, I agree with you, it's just everyone has their own opinion, and it seems to be a split.
    (0)

Player

Alot of crafting results are just plain randomness so you wont get any real solid log results

ive had days without support where ill go 1000/1000 and have no issues on synths 9 levels above me
    then there are those days when i go 100/1000 on synths only 2-3 above me

logic dictates that support woulda helped this, but it wouldnt

with or without support the same results would have applied(unless the synth required support, which several do)

also there is the factor of other training needed too which several people are often missing which causes bad fails, and they tend to ignore them like it doesnt matter then blame support too(ive seen it first hand)

Player
    Character
    Obei Kinstar
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    OK so I found the only piece of actual info from SE on this subject, take from it what you will, Im sure ppl will still argue

Personally I always get tier 3 support for HQ synths, and at least tier 1 on harder grind crafts (like if its 10 ranks above mine)

just go down about 1/3 of the way to "synthesis facilities"
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...e/craft01.html
    (0)
    <cool FFXIV image here>

Player

Quote Originally Posted by ObeiKinstar View Post
    OK so I found the only piece of actual info from SE on this subject, take from it what you will, Im sure ppl will still argue

Personally I always get tier 3 support for HQ synths, and at least tier 1 on harder grind crafts (like if its 10 ranks above mine)

just go down about 1/3 of the way to "synthesis facilities"
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...e/craft01.html
    That sure kind of makes it sound like it helps on all crafts, I just don't see it. Come on Dev. Team, throw us a bone and give us a solid answer!
    (0)

Community Rep
    We forwarded your concerns to the dev. team about the effects of guild support. They said they will be making the effects of guild support increase your skill rank while active, though the value will change depending on the equipment the recipe demands and the equipment you choose to wear.
    (28)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Vydarr Tyr
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    We forwarded your concerns to the dev. team about the effects of guild support. They said they will be making the effects of guild support increase your skill rank while active, though the value will change depending on the equipment the recipe demands and the equipment you choose to wear.
    Thanks, Rukkirii. You are both kind and wise.

Your response seems to indicate what the devs will be doing in the future. Specifically, they will be implementing a system in which support helps on all synths. If they will be implementing this in the future, can we assume that it does not exist in the game currently? So synth support currently does nothing unless a recipe calls for it?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Panda Taru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    back when the game started the effect of Synth support was very noticeable but since they wildly lowered the difficulty of most synths, you need to craft something that's bloody high/difficult to notice a difference between no support and tier3(master) support. And now having common support is pretty much the same as having no support, hence why some people think "omg support is useless".
    (0)

Player

Thanks for the reply! Still not exactly sure what it means now, but at least we will know for sure in the future.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast