Player
    Character
    Alex Kidd
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90

Add Quality to the total SP earned and HQ idea

Just had this idea for SP on crafting. What if they added the amount you had in quality to the total SP earned for a synth.

So if you do a synth that is 300 SP as normal then you also got 150 on quality that would give you a total of 450 SP for the synth.

I think this would help with the craft grind a little bit. If you use +3 items you would get a big boost making those items for crafting more desirable.

Now for the unrelated HQ idea, I myself do not know exactly how it is calculated but I thought it would be good if it worked the following way. Basically for every 100 in quality would give 25% more for an HQ tier. So quality:

0-99 = 1% random HQ for kicks, 99% no HQ
    100-199 = 25% HQ+1, 75% no HQ
    200-299 = 25% HQ+2, 25% HQ+1, 50% no HQ
    300-399 = 25% HQ+3, 25% HQ+2, 25% HQ+1, 25% no HQ
    400-499 = 50% HQ+3, 25% HQ+2, 25% HQ+1
    500-599 = 75% HQ+3, 25% HQ+2
    600+ = 100% HQ+3

Thoughts?
    (1)

That works fine up until you have R40+ getting 500-700 quality on R1 synths.
    Also, see any number of threads regarding HQ. I hope you are wearing your fireproof outfit. You're about to get flamed.
    (0)
    Pooka Pucel - Sanctus Refero - Besaid - http://www.sanctusrefero.com/

Player

hq sucks right now, but it should never be 100%

i wouldnt mind seeing higher chances to hq, but dont overdo it otherwise it ruins the value of hq

right now at 500 quality i see around 30% +1, and 5% +2, really hard to say on +3s cuz i still dont see them often

and no to bonus sp for hq/quality crafting, you already get the bonus of getting the hq item, leave it at that

Player
    Character
    Bladed Arms
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    problem is, its easy to get high quality on low synths, people could get up to 400 i think, then again increasing sp gains by 400 would equal less grinding. so ehhhh maybe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renta Hamster
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    That's a pretty neat idea, Alexia. It would add another incentive to go for hard synths and not just spam enter all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Physic View Post
    problem is, its easy to get high quality on low synths, people could get up to 400 i think, then again increasing sp gains by 400 would equal less grinding. so ehhhh maybe.
    This can be easily balanced.

10% quality goes to SP for same rank synths.

40% quality goes to SP for dlvl +5 rank synths.

100% quality goes to SP for dlvl +10 rank synths.
    (0)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Threads: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/s...vBForum_Thread

Player
    Character
    Alex Kidd
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Yeah I admit I hadn't thought this through as much as other things and also my knowledge of crafting is not as good as other aspects of the game. The thinking was that as a crafter you should not just be rewarded good SP just because a synth is more difficult but also be rewarded for the quality of the synth. Maybe if it was limited to synths that actually yielded a base SP. Not sure how far it goes below your rank to gain SP but I imagine a synth that is 10 ranks below would yield no SP so that would be your limit.

The focus is then on do I go for an easier synth but higher quality or do I go for a higher synth but lower quality. This gives more options to grind on which shouldn't be a bad thing. Also it makes HQ mats much more desirable as you already have a good starting base for SP.

I realise that some have worked their butts off to gain R50's in crafting classes and I would hate to take anything away from the hard work you put in, but I feel that something does need a bit of a change somewhere and just though this was a pretty simple thing to implement.
    (1)