Player
    Character
    Cyan Genesis
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairdeas View Post
    Executioner was its old class Name before localization was finalized. Executioner isn't a FF Job. Knight will most likely be the Job for Marauder if Paladin is Gladiator.
    Eh, I may be wrong about this, but, isn't Paladin the localization of Knight? I mean I suppose they would do the same thing essientially.
    However, I'm all for having a Knight and Paladin. Just because being called a Knight is badass in any shape,form, or fashion.

Player
    Character
    Laura Palmer
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan View Post
    Eh, I may be wrong about this, but, isn't Paladin the localization of Knight? I mean I suppose they would do the same thing essientially.
    However, I'm all for having a Knight and Paladin. Just because being called a Knight is badass in any shape,form, or fashion.
    Yes. Paladin is localization of Knight just as Dragoon is localization of Dragon Knight. I would prefer to have two distinct classes but it is how it is.
    (0)
    My name is a killing word.
    (Seriously: "Caerith" was a forbidden name when I signed up on the forums.)

Eorzea should be a world, not a lobby.

Player
    Character
    Nyris Reach
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    There are already assassins in the game.
    Do any of us see this as a job in the future?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Naylia Petrova
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Jobs just let you take a class to an extreme by sacrificing some of your flexibility to gain focus/strength in one area. Adding jobs does not decrease options - it adds options by expanding the spectrum that you can configure.

I wish I was artistic - I'd draw some kind of venn diagram where classes overlap and intersect on an inner circle, but then by using jobs you can stretch and expand the outer edge of a particular class - but that new circle you are now in has much less overlap with other classes (or even none at all).
    (0)

Hey, gang. I wanted to bring you the official details that Yoshida has recently posted (at crazy hours mind you!) this morning on the Japanese forum. Here's what he had to say on the topic of the upcoming job system.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Hey everyone, this is producer/director Yoshida.

I seem to recall there being a discussion about what each class will become job-wise in a previous thread. While it's still a bit too early to talk about the specifics, I will let you know a bit about the plan. Once it becomes possible to publicize the specs, I plan on making a post in battle mechanics section, but since job implementation will be taking place post-class balance adjustments, it is going to take some time. (Planning for post patch 1.20.)

Matsui, Gondai, and myself, are creating this plan, and the early jobs are based on "party balance."

In other words, here is the basic premise:
    • Tank
    • Attacker
    • Damage Dealer (Nuker)
    • Healer/Crowd Controller 
    • Buffer/Crowd Controller
    The above are just the foundation, and of course it doesn't mean that these are the limit of what types of roles we'll feature. I hope that this gives you something to discuss and speculate about.
    (70)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    LOL yeah 2AM JP time... and finding out he wasn't posting from his house he was still at work lol.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan View Post
    Gladiator- Paladin. This seems strongly hinted at, if not more.
    Not to be overly negative, but I'd still like to see how that one is going to be explained. Bit of a stretch going from a guy that considers himself an "entertainer" in an arena that fights for money to something like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida
    Buffer/Crowd Controller
    Uh oh....
    (1)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Player
    Character
    Cyrus Blaze
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 19
    Looking good
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laura Palmer
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    Not to be overly negative, but I'd still like to see how that one is going to be explained. Bit of a stretch going from a guy that considers himself an "entertainer" in an arena that fights for money to something like this
    Uh oh....
    Huh... you're right. Gladiators use swords and daggers and work in the entertainment business. Bards are entertainers and many depictions of them have them use, in addition to their lutes, swords and daggers. GLA -> BRD.

Archers use bows and arrows, and arrows put holes in people. Something with holes is holey... holey... holy. ARC -> PLD.

You found it!
    (14)
    My name is a killing word.
    (Seriously: "Caerith" was a forbidden name when I signed up on the forums.)

Eorzea should be a world, not a lobby.

Player
    Character
    Cyan Genesis
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I get the feeling that a lot of the job backgrounds are going to get reworked.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast