Player
    Character
    Severa Ol'drifa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

Healing with a <tt>, <t> and <me> macro

Ok. So I'm not sure if I am missing something here.

I made this macro

Code:
    /micon "Cure"
    /ac "Cure" <t>
    /ac "Cure" <tt>
    /ac "Cure" <me>
    And it was working for a little while. I also have damage macros that start with <tt> and have a <t> in them so that I can keep my tank targeted at all times and still DPS easily. Those have never given me issues, probably because I can't cast damage spells on myself or my allies.

But the darn cure macro just gives me all sorts of fits. It was working ok at first, but then just got stuck on <me>. Now... I mash a little, but after it got stuck the first time, I made plenty sure to tap it once, when needed, and I'm not a terribly bad masher in the first place. But no... it got stuck on <me>.
    So, I went back to test it, and it worked correctly when I was in the field zone outside gridania, curing people as they fought with stuff. But I got back in a dungeon and BAM, it just didn't want to cure my target.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noitamina Takanaka
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 57
    This is a known issue, remove <me> from the macro and deal with it, it will still heal you from time to time though, and now that they made cure castable on yourself by default, I forsee the issue getting worse.

EDIT: I use similar macros in cunjuction with mouse-over, it bugs out randomly but I believe it has something to do with the speed you're trying to target and cast a spell, it doesn't happen to me much anymore cause I give a minut pause before casting anything using Mouse Over. (Yes I'm aware you're not using mouseover yourself.)

Also, since "me" is now default, it makes the point of what you're trying to do easier (and more irritating for myself as a healer :P)

(Reference: Patch notes: 2.16)
    (0)
    Last edited by Bubba_Drunk; 02-20-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ampersand Kai
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Macros behave the same as spells from the spellbook cast on the macro's end target. Which means if you use a cure macro whose end target is an enemy, you end up self-casting, just like you would with a raw ability with an enemy targeted.

With the way your macro is set up, if your target is a friendly, in range, in line of sight, curable (e.g. not raise-locked), you'll cure them.

If your target is hostile, you'll cure yourself, and your macro will never get to lines 2 or 3, because a cure cast on an enemy means self-cast cure.

If your target is friendly, but out of range or LOS or not curable, and they have no target, the first two lines get skipped and you cure yourself on line 3.

If your target is friendly, but out of range or LOS or not curable, and their target is hostile (and in range, in LOS, etc.), the first line is skipped and you'll cure yourself on line 2, because you're casting cure on an enemy on that line.

There's really no way to combine <t> and <tt> successfully for cures. You can pick one and stick with it as long as you're aware of what you're targeting, but putting the two together basically dooms you to self-casting anytime you're not absolutely aware of the targeting situation.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Severa Ol'drifa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    It would be nice to have Harm conditional tags for macro lines
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ramlethal Valentine
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    There is one thing about <mo> that many people didn't notice, which is the reason to use it over regular non-macro

If <mo> was invalid it wont go straight to <me> it will go to your current target first instead if this condition was invalid then it will go to <me> instead

so let say you're targeting a tank, and because of some accident you want to heal one of the DPS but whoops you mouse-over an empty space, and this will happen; cure will be executed on your tank and it will executed on you if the tank was out of range.

so basically it was <mo> -> <t> -> <me> as default

The macro system before 2.16 was better, but we still have this on <mo> which is nice

Edit: NVM they just changed the macro to the same system just like before 2.16 came out (YAY!!)
    (0)
    Last edited by Nux; 02-26-2014 at 06:56 PM.