Player
    Character
    Ash Rayne
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Any way to transfer a plot of land between FC's?

As stated in the title, I'm wondering if there's a way to transfer ownership of a plot of land between Free Companies. More specifically, I'm wondering what happens when a) You choose the 'Relinquish Land' option available after stripping down everything to just the plot of land, and b) what happens if you disband FC while owning a plot of land. I've heard from some sources that you don't get anything back, which is what the wording seems to indicate. However, other people have said that there's a way to get a 'Deed' item that represents ownership of the plot of land itself which can be traded, and some developer and GM comments seem to support that, such as Live Letter answers.

I am NOT referring to the mansion permit, which is far, far cheaper than the land itself.
    (0)

Character
    Saika Rose
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    To what I understand when you break down the house to land that is when you get a deed for the land and that it what is sell-able... They may not have implemented it yet since housing just started...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ash Rayne
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    When you remove the estate you get the housing permit back, the one you had to buy in order to build a house after you buy the land. There is no sort of deed to the land itself that I can see. There are very few options available once the house gets stripped back down to just the land. You can build an estate, or you can relinquish land. If anyone has first-hand experience with what Relinquish Land does, or what happens when an FC with a land plot disbands, that would be very helpful.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    I believe you can't actually disband a FC until they have no land ownership. Presently that means relinquishing the land.
    (2)

Character
    Saika Rose
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    I believe you can't actually disband a FC until they have no land ownership. Presently that means relinquishing the land.
    I do remember reading something about this as well if my memory serves me correctly...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ash Rayne
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Ok. Any idea if Relinquish Land just forfeits ownership of the plot completely, or do you get some deed which you can trade?
    (0)

Character
    Saika Rose
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Relinquishing Land
    In order to relinquish a plot of land, you must first remove the estate hall and all furnishings. Once the plot is completely vacant, it can be relinquished from the Housing menu. Only free company members with the requisite authorization can perform this action.
    * Gil will not be refunded upon relinquishing a plot of land.
    * From patch 2.2 onward, a free company will automatically relinquish its land if its estate is unused for a prolonged period of time.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...7af43f3c43828a

It doesn't answer the question but thats all the info I found on it...
    (0)
    Last edited by Ed_N_Ants; 02-18-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ash Rayne
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Yeah I've found that same information. Trust me, I wouldn't have made this thread if I hadn't already searched every info source I can think of. The problem is that developer comments, in Live Letters and otherwise, specifically state that is possible to sell/trade/transfer housing. While that's true for the housing permit, the permit is less than 10% the cost of the land itself, and it seems stupid to me for them to say you can trade housing when you can't trade the much more expensive land.
    Mostly at this point I'm looking for anyone with first hand knowledge of what the Relinquish Land option does, not hearsay and not developer quotes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astralos Bladesong
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    With the incredibly high price of a land plot (as you've pointed out), I don't think you're going to find a single person who has "experimented" to see what Relinquish Land actually does. You'll probably garner much better results if you try to reach out to the developers (via in-game report, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ash Rayne
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I was hoping that someone who bought a small plot and later upgraded to a larger one would know. I've tried submitting an in-game ticket, for which I got a runaround scripted response saying I should ask other players on the forum, since they can't help with gameplay issues. Which sort of brings up the question of what they CAN help with, but anyways.
    I think at this point its pretty concluded that there's no way to transfer land, so I'll probably just have to hope that changes in a patch.
    (0)