Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lord Rulkar
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60

PS VITA Remote Play: What do you think it will be like?

I was reading over the blog from the 12th and noticed it mentioned Yoshida was playing Titan HM on the ps vita. I wonder how that went?

How do you guys think the remote play will be and do you think we will get a chance to test it out in the ps4 beta coming up day one?

I'm under the impression it will use the ps4 and just be a video streamer with a controller function but the processing all is done ps4 side. Any ideas?

Looking forward to sitting at say Starbucks and waking up my ps4 remotely and play some ffxiv. Do you think that will work?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyne Helios
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    My guess is laggy and clunky in terms of navigating the UI. I can't imagine actually doing a primal, let alone titan HM. PSV remote play will be used for crafting and gathering.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ulath Skullsplitter
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    People think lag is bad now? Try adding even more delay from the stream from your ps4 to wherever you are on your vita. Anything requiring dodging will be near impossible. I think there is a reason the ps4 trailer showed mining when showing off remote play. It'll be good for crafting and gathering.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Xanthe Dreadcasque
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    I think they specified that it was for Overworld leveling involving Leves and other such things. No Primal fights, or any other serious end game content of the sort.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Double Toker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pylfer View Post
    I think they specified that it was for Overworld leveling involving Leves and other such things. No Primal fights, or any other serious end game content of the sort.
    the dev blog clearly shows Yoshi P fighting titan on vita
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    the dev blog clearly shows Yoshi P fighting titan on vita
    But it don't show him defeating Titan on Vita ^^

Maybe the extra delay is not so big if the Vita is only some meter away from the PS4. If it works like with PS3, it can use direct wireless connection to the PS4 within short distance without going through the internet. Internet access would be only needed if there is a long distance between Vita and PS4.
    (2)
    Last edited by Felis; 02-15-2014 at 07:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lafiel Brunestud
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Titan X with even more latency and tiny screen? Sounds nice...
    (1)
    Last edited by Laf; 02-15-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    But it don't show him defeating Titan on Vita ^^
    Lol XD

But yeah, Idk. It'll be cool. That is...for the 20 people with a Vita.

I plan on getting a Vita...at some point. The thing has been out for...two years now I think? And what games...are there to play..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Lol XD

But yeah, Idk. It'll be cool. That is...for the 20 people with a Vita.

I plan on getting a Vita...at some point. The thing has been out for...two years now I think? And what games...are there to play..
    Sadly atm none. I play it from time to time but not that often.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Pepper
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulathskullsplitter View Post
    People think lag is bad now? Try adding even more delay from the stream from your ps4 to wherever you are on your vita. Anything requiring dodging will be near impossible. I think there is a reason the ps4 trailer showed mining when showing off remote play. It'll be good for crafting and gathering.
    I highly doubt that the ps vita will cause additional internet lag. The video stream/connection will likely be over your router via wireless and most routers are capable of transfer rates way higher than typical internet connections. For example the average wireless router these days is capable of 300+ mbps transfer rates over wireless-n which is what ps4 and vita use as far as I know. The typical internet connection is about 5-100 mbps depending where you live and FFXIV uses much less bandwidth than 5mbps (I know because I don't lag on my 3mbps rural internet connection).

On another note, I think remote play will work just fine for more casual encounters and crafting/gathering. Due to the extremely small screen, certain parts of the UI will be hard to read and you will have a much smaller view of the battlefield which would make difficult encounters, such as titan ex, much harder than they need to be.
    (3)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast