Player
    Character
    Wasselin Kainz
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

[request] Text Inventory

How can a final fantasy game have rows of icon for it's inventory instead of a text list? Text list is so superior! You can sort, you can just read what each item is instead of mousing over each one, and the little tiny icons next to the name easily let you know what kind of item it is. Plus I'm sure a text list would be a lot easier to navigate for those players using a gamepad.

Please give us an option get rid of the grid, and move towards a text list inventory system, like every other final fantasy game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    We actually specifically requested a move away from the list inventory they had at 1.0 launch. Granted, it was in part because 1.0 as a whole had too many menus and confirmation boxes, but still. . .
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wasselin Kainz
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Just because it was in 1.0 doesn't mean that it was bad, and it would be great to have the option to switch.

For myself, I know the names of items but not the icon so it's easier to find a text list. Plus in the inventory we have now there are 4 tabs to search through. The auto sorting helps a little but it would be nice to see everything at once.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enth Rax
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    I agree with OP. I would much rather have a text inventory list. Especially when it comes to crafting... wood working mats and cooking mats are annoying to withdraw from my retainers because all logs look the same except slight color difference and there's just so many cooking herbs.. remembering the icons is like @_@
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that a text inventory would necessarily be a bad thing, just that at the time it was part of a text overload that was happening. Just as long as it's left as an option, I can get behind it. I personally prefer the icons, though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dreaming Heart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Text list would be nice, grid inventory feels cluttered and messy. I like clean and grids aren't clean (to me).
    (1)