Player
    Character
    Anathiel Nocere
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Reordering synthesis recipes

It made no sense to me why I was able to make a sword before I was able to make the blade or hilt for a weapon. They really need to reorder weapon recipes so making weapons is more stream lined. Or at least its not a 10 rank difference between making the weapon and making the components for making the weapon.
    (0)

Player
    They are designed like that across all crafts. Weaving is notorious to let you want to craft with cloth 4 levels before you can make it. It was pervasive in ffxi. Never seen a reasoning behind it. It never sets up a healthy market between higher and lower levels. It just seems to make leveling harder.

But crowsbeak hammers, while they look stupidly designed with R40 BSers required for the head and canvas cloth for a lowbie hammmer...are actually like that for a reason. They are a material for the R47 hammer. R 50s were meant to make those hammers for low level players. We just didn't know that at the time and assumed SE was just trolling.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vanishing Sasquatch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Well, at least if the finished product recipe is lower that the mats recipe, then there is less of a chance of losing the items that were "difficult" to make by failing to put them together.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Abyss Ace
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    i think current setting is more making sense in reality.
    you think it is easier to make a sword blade or assemble a sword?

anyway S-E just like to reward more to the high craft ppl.
    (2)