Character
    Clive Leonheart
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Suggestion : see the TP bar of other members of a party

Hello,
    My main job is a BRD and the song i use the less is the one helping other to recover they TP. Most of the time I only use mage ballad and requiem foe because i can't see other players tp bar !
    I never know when to use (except when someone is asking) and i don't understand why we could see other MP bar and not TP (at least only for BRDs).
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Robin Locksley
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    My main is a bard too...

My song strategy has been this.... and i could be right or wrong

Priority to Ballad..... especially in 8 man set ups.... based solely on the WHM's MP.... Sch's/Smn's seem to have good MP rationing.... and BLM can recover their own MP in umbral ICE..... WHM's seem to have the biggest burn of MP... hence I watch their meters like religion.... If the WHM is ressurrected (ballad goes up).... If a WHM needs to raise some one (Ballad goes up).... If WHM is at 50% mp and the fight is no where near over (Ballad goes up)

Foe Requeim i only use in 8 man encounters with at least 2 DPS mages.... i'll sacrifice my damage to assist the MP burns of the BLM or SMN

Army's Paeon..... if we are in a heavy melee set up, 8 man or higher...... and typically they dont start running out of regenerated TP until about halfway through the fight... I'll put paeon up for 20 seconds or so, just to give em a boost...

I use Paeon in AOE pulls for 4 man dungeons if i have a DRG in party, that way they can Doom Spike, and Ring of Thorn tonberries and such endlessly..... sorry a good geared DRG can dish out 300 damage per AOE compared to my 300 or so with quick nock/RoD/wide volley when all CD's are burnt at once (im ilvl 84 with my zenith bow too)

Ive also been using alot of Paeon in Crystal Tower with Melee heavy groups
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sapphic Meow
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyHighDN View Post
    Foe Requeim i only use in 8 man encounters with at least 2 DPS mages.... i'll sacrifice my damage to assist the MP burns of the BLM or SMN
    Foe Requim does not reduce BRDs damage. Only Mages and Army, read the skill description, and test it. ^^ I main BRD also.

So no reason not to use it when Mana isn't a problem for the healers, plus X-ethers add a decent amount of time to songs, worth having a few on you.

But on topic. signed 100% for seeing TP bars. make it optional in UI settings.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sapphic; 02-05-2014 at 10:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nesshin'na Kasai
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Agree. Since half the classes rely on TP instead of MP, there is just as much reason to see it.
    (0)