Player
    Character
    Nijinsky Aguero
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Newbie questions

Hi guys, played at launch and enjoyed it but i was still very much into swtor and the launch problems put me off slightly. Thought i'd leave it for a bit and when that free weekend popped up i couldnt resist. Safe to say I'm pretty hooked!

I'm playing a scholar and my brother is a white mage. Our intention is to be the best damn healing team on the server :P I'm wondering when 8 man dungeons will pop up so we can both play healer instead of me having to switch to archanist dps.

Also I see a lot of things about Turns? runs 3, 4 etc for boss fights. Is this a final fantasy way of saying phases?

Just to add, i think the community is great. not met any idiots ingame at all. Everyone has been nice. Well done.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nijinsky; 01-30-2014 at 01:56 AM.
    www.thewhitewolves.co.uk

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Welcome!

When you see people talking about 'turns', they're referring to the Binding Coil of Bahamut, an endgame raid which is divided into five sections, known as 'turns'. BCB is done differently to dungeons in the rest of the game so don't worry too much about it at this stage.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ampersand Kai
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    The first 8-man instance is the final guildhest at level 40 (Solemn Trinity). Next is Cape Westwind at level 49. All the other 8-man content is level 50.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    8-mans don't really start until close to the end of the story (L50). I recommend unlocking SMN (in addition to SCH) when you hit L30 so that you can continue to queue as DPS effectively.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nijinsky Aguero
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Thanks guys.
    (1)
    www.thewhitewolves.co.uk

Player
    Character
    Andros Dyrstwyrn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    As side note, if you play in a premade groups of 4 you could both play healers. Just have one of you go in cleric stance or both