Character
    Freyja Valkyr
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Stats Value

Hi everyone,

There is almost no informations available on the stats priority/value. Of course there are posts here and there about stats priority and Best in Slot Build, but none of them are backed by proof.

Facing this wall, I am wondering to what point I can go myself in theorycrafting. If you have the same education as me, you know that to pull out a relevant numbers, formula and etc, you need an extremely high amount of data. Which bring us to my second problem: parseer clearly aren't working 100% in this game.

As a result I can't simply put my weeks of Coil data in one graphic (exemple all the physik separated by gearset modification).

Under these arguments, I would like to know, as there would be no remunaration for theorycrafting, and so no one can work on that 40 hours a week and keep playing at his like, if it would be allowed to program a macro that would cast for a certain period Physick on me, in some lost corner of the realm, in order to obtain data?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Freyja Valkyr
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Thank you

Thank you in the name of every players unsatisfied with the current information about stats value and in want of improving the best they can their classes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Celaeris Chere
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    There's plenty of posts regarding the the forumlas. One that is typically referenced is valk's data that he collected in Beta 3 of FFXIV 2.0. I know others probably have done their own share of theorycrafting as well, and data seems to be spread throughout the community. For the most part though, valk's forumla is fairly accurate, but is usually off by 1% in terms of healing (so if you're Cure heals for 1000, valk's formula might predict 990). 10 hp isn't that much of a difference, but that's about how much increasing stats does to your single Cure.

As for collecting data, if you know much about how the data is generated in the game, you'll realize you only need to collect very little to determine the trends. All heals have a variance of +/- 3 percent, so it's easy to establish a median by looking at the range of Cures. Depending on the cure strength, it's possible to know when you've obtained the exact value of healing. So once you realize you probably only need ~100 Cure's per data set, you really don't have much work. Secondly, you mention that parsers aren't accurate. The fact, in general, is true, but you have to also realize, why they aren't accurate. All parsers estimate DoT and HoT because of the way they are accessible to the parser, but every single heal except Regen and Medica II can be perfectly collected by parsers.

Because your assumptions can be easily changed. It's not nearly as problematic as you say regarding your weeks of coil data. Healing isn't as interesting as DPS, since the point of healing is to match the incoming damage with outgoing heals while minimizing mana usage over the same period of time. DPS try to maximize damage in the period where the boss is alive. The terms for determining BiS is very much different.

And to answer your last question, I have an in-game macro that casts Cure x8 and it's pretty easy to hit while watching TV if I did need to collect data.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ice Beam
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 17
    There isn't much to Healing attributes to warrant in-depth theory-crafting discussions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pikken Moonchild
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Gang View Post
    There isn't much to Healing attributes to warrant in-depth theory-crafting discussions.
    I pretty much agree with this. I have done some theorycrafting (focused on WHM), using this resource as a base:

WHM Healing spreadsheet

And I pretty much concluded that deciding which secondary stat to focus on makes very little difference. I calculated the difference from going 100% Determination on ilv 90 gear, vs 100% Crit or Spell Speed.

With Determination, your average Cure will be increased by about 6.3%
    With Crit, your average Cure will be increased by about 6.3% too! Of course with crits its more random, but the average is the same. These numbers also ignore overhealing.
    With Spell speed focus your Cure spell is cast about 6.4% faster.
    (2)
    Last edited by Pikken; 02-05-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Freyja Valkyr
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Valk

Valk Theroycrafting has been disprooven. As for the other, you show nothing about diminushing return or stats ratio, so if you can call your thing theorycrafting, it's one from someone just past elementary school.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lucidia Dreamweaver
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Wow, you asked people for help, people offered, and instead of saying "Thanks, but the method you used........", you belittled him instead.
    Good luck finding help!!
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Lea Sahaquiel
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyr View Post
    Valk Theroycrafting has been disprooven. As for the other, you show nothing about diminushing return or stats ratio, so if you can call your thing theorycrafting, it's one from someone just past elementary school.
    People offered serious and indepth response to your query. Show some respect please.
    (5)

Player

If you have the same education as me
    [/QUOTE=Valkyr]if you can call your thing theorycrafting, it's one from someone just past elementary school. [/QUOTE]

Better not respond if you're not as (obviously) highly educated as the OP. Clearly I'm not, so I'll keep my advice to myself.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alrik Rouge
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Thank you in the name of every players unsatisfied with the current information about stats value and in want of improving the best they can their classes.
    I think this about made it clear that no real expectation of information, data, help, assistance, guidance, knowledge or experience was going to make the OP happy.

Why? Because the OP already discounted anyone and everyone's information, data and calculations already out there by the all encompassing statement made above. And of course, the response when someone did take the time to try and help.

/close thread
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast