Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Wild Galax
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    i use mouse over macro as well as healer, but also got a <tt> macro for cure2 and ss, i find it very helpful during tank swaps, mouse over also allows me to always have target on ifrit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chii Soseriouz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Squa View Post

Having a healer reposition in this fight, such as walking across the map or switching sides, will very likely cause a tank to die and therefore I do not recommend drastically switching positions like moving across the map.
    I use the rotation method a lot and honestly i don't see what the big problem is. As long as you and the other healer are on the same sheet of music it's not an issue. I beat this on df all the time with random parties and we rotate. All you have to do ( assuming dps will go clockwise every time), is switch right before the nail phase, and that's only if you need to. Count the howl rotation, it makes things much easier. You must know exactly who is going to have it and when. By keeping track of it you will know from the start of each phase (from the first howl) if you're going to have to switch or not, and if you will be with the group for dashes or separated.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lorie Lin
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiiSoSeriouz View Post
    snip
    yes sure if the healer is moving more then it makes everything much easier... come on. the less a healer has to move the saver it is. of course all kinds of methodes are possible just i as a healer for sure will not rotate. the fight is retardly easy for a dps so if they cant even concentrate a bit on the debuff then they dont deserve to even kill ifrit. and anyway for beginners the rotating methode for sure is not the best one
    (3)

Character
    Leo Strut
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorilin View Post
    yes sure if the healer is moving more then it makes everything much easier... come on. the less a healer has to move the saver it is. of course all kinds of methodes are possible just i as a healer for sure will not rotate. the fight is retardly easy for a dps so if they cant even concentrate a bit on the debuff then they dont deserve to even kill ifrit. and anyway for beginners the rotating methode for sure is not the best one
    You can use the same argument against yourself. If a healer can't concentrate on the debuff timer and keeping a tank alive, they don't deserve to kill Ifrit.

Healer swapping isn't difficult. You have approximately 8 seconds after the final Searing Wind explosion until he begins casting the new one. That's 8 seconds you and the other healer have to move, stop, cast a cure or two, and continue moving. Healers and tanks should always be considering how they can make life easier for the DPS, because the more they can focus on damage, the faster you can win.

Edit: The exception to the Searing Wind rotation rule is when Ifrit moves into a nail phase, in which case he uses Searing Wind immediately after the first Incinerate (5-6 seconds after the phase begins). If your DPS is too fast or too slow, you just need to pay attention and know that Searing Wind will be coming early.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Square Pusher
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaft View Post
    You can use the same argument against yourself. If a healer can't concentrate on the debuff timer and keeping a tank alive, they don't deserve to kill Ifrit.
    The issue is the fight is most strenuous on the healers already. Setting up a strategy where your healers accommodate your DPS will most likely work just fine with an experienced static/FC with good level gear, however to simplify for everyone it helps if the DPS pay attention a bit and contribute. Please note however the original guide was updated after it was written, to include that optimal positioning almost makes this autopilot and non-issue
    Phase 1: First winded healer East (which will always be random)
    Phase 2 & 3: First winded healer West (which will always be the healer who is with the main group on the "charges")

This way it automatically works out that the DPS can do the 'clockwise rotation' that they saw in the Mr. Happy video and the healers do not have to do any work to facilitate this. There may only be issues in Phase 3 nail at the very end that there needs to be a swap, and if healer can make it this far its safe to say they can coordinate a swap if needed relatively easily and should know how to do so.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cirra Maru
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Thank you for the write up! Mr Happy's guide shows nothing of where healers stand. Thank you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mei Mei
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    I know nobody wants to hear this (especially MNKs and DRGs) but:

1. Position 1 healer at 3 o'clock, the other at 9.
    2. Don't bring any melee, have ranged DPS all the nails from the centre.

Congratulations, your healers barely have to move except for plumes and dashes.
    Then you won't have single target LB for the big nail. And really it makes no difference, because a derping healer will still shear and wipe no matter what during the transition phase.

You still have to healer swap for the plumes and rush no matter what. Sure you can eat it, but then your tanks will rage at you for not getting their heals in time.

Simple put healers are the problem in ifrit ex. You can bring 4 melees and it wouldn't matter much over all to one healer that love taps and wipes the group.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2