Character
    Paige Mathews
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

2.16 will change Quick Synthesis

hi all
    read through some of the rants and cheers re: the latest live letter and havent seen anyone talk about this so i thought i would give a heads up to some of you out there that may have missed this point.

as of right now, quick synthesis can be a great way to level up and get achievements.
    even better you can do it with nothing but your "weapon" equipped, saving you repair costs.
    however, in 2.16, this will no longer be the case.

So if anyone out there like to save up rested exp, grab a GC scroll and a bite to eat, pick a craft closest to your level that has only 1 or 2 ingredients, find a nice spot to get nekkid and get to work.....

you have until Feb. 22nd
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Or you could do the same with gear on, turn it into materia, and turn a nice profit.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    M'kael Jin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 3
    If what they meant by stats affecting quick synth is that having fully overmelded AF with all 50 crafts will no longer result in fails, then I'm all for this change.

Seriously, it's annoying to have to make 200 of X and watching quick synth fail the first 5 when the alternative is to sit there for an hour clicking on Careful Synthesis II - real exciting.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Do you have any direct quotes to reference? I don't understand what you are trying to say with your OP... How exactly is quick synth being changed?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'kael Jin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    Do you have any direct quotes to reference? I don't understand what you are trying to say with your OP... How exactly is quick synth being changed?
    I'm not OP and I don't have direct quotes, but if I remember correctly, they were saying that stats would affect quick synthesis. Currently, as far as I know, nothing affects quick synth rates. You could be wearing no armour or you could be wearing full overmelded AF and you would still get roughly 90% success rates. They didn't give any specific details (as usual) but the implication is that having higher stats --> better quick synth rates (or, of course, worst stats --> lower quick synth rates, which is what the OP seems to be complaining about).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrinn View Post
    I'm not OP and I don't have direct quotes, but if I remember correctly, they were saying that stats would affect quick synthesis. Currently, as far as I know, nothing affects quick synth rates. You could be wearing no armour or you could be wearing full overmelded AF and you would still get roughly 90% success rates. They didn't give any specific details (as usual) but the implication is that having higher stats --> better quick synth rates (or, of course, worst stats --> lower quick synth rates, which is what the OP seems to be complaining about).
    Oh... hmm, this is actually better for me since I already have all the crafts at 50... False alarm?

Doesn't this seem liek the way it should be??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'kael Jin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 3
    I'm pretty sure that's what the change was intended for - or at least, I'm hoping that's what the change was for. Like I mentioned earlier, it's really annoying to see the first 5 quick synths fail when you're in full overmelded AF with all crafts at 50 (why am I failing so often when I have Careful Synthesis II?). I'm sure I wasn't the only one who complained about it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Paige Mathews
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrinn View Post
    .... which is what the OP seems to be complaining about).
    i wasnt complaining, just giving people a heads up.
    i only used this method to burn some levels when i have alot of rested exp saved.
    i do hope with our stats being included in the equation that i see more HQ stuff though.

(1)

Player
    Character
    Jain Farstrider
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 64
    It seems like Quick Synthesis has a built-in 5%(?) fail rate, regardless of your gear. Maybe it is just a penalty for using quick synthesis in general.

But, I still feel like the fail rate is too high.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Katchii Soilsiu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    It seems like Quick Synthesis has a built-in 5%(?) fail rate, regardless of your gear. Maybe it is just a penalty for using quick synthesis in general.

But, I still feel like the fail rate is too high.
    As a level 50 Culinarian, I should not be failing an synths in the 1-30~40 level range, especially with full HQ gear (don't have materia melds yet). If I spent the time to do it manually and would never fail, I should never fail at quick synth either.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast