(0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    He didn't actually say that - he said something like 'if it seems like tanks are still being ignored after the next patch they'll consider adding a Job mount for tanks'. Considering everywhere I turn I see plenty of PLDs and WARs in AF2, there's clearly not a shortage of tanks (and for the record, my main is PLD, so I don't need such a carrot-on-a-stick to encourage me to tank, I do it because I love GLA/PLD).
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Xander Olivieri
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    DPS wait 2 hours to que up
    Healers can wait as little as 30 mins
    Tanks almost ALWAYS que up instantly.

There is definately a high demand for tanks. A few have AF gear, but does that mean they play on those classes? Not really. I use my Scholar to do dungeon runs and I am going to use my Tomes to buy Summoner Gear since Summoner is my main class and I do Scholar since Healer is faster to get into than DPS.

A mount will not make me start on the tank jobs though. I don't like them and the mount won't be enough of an appeal to start them. If we get a DoM Tank I'll reconsider slightly. May raise it but I'll never use it for group play.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Olyver West
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    All people will do is level the tank for the mount and then go back to playing their regular class.

IF the mount is included at all, since it wasn't a definite statement. OP this is how bad information starts.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jimmae Timmae
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 38

oh boy

well there will be alot of more tanks just remember that they will be new and cut them some slack
    (0)

Player
    Character
    D'momo Pascal
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    A lot of these bandwagon tanks just don't have the common sense and mentality to play the role of a tank, and I'd rather they stop and go play a different class than continue to give tanks in general bad rep and hate. It's nothing more than a demotivater for the rest of us to just drop the job altogether and go play something that isn't looked at with so much scrutiny and disdain under a magnifying glass. Just look at what CT attracts on a regular basis: A veritable cesspool of some of the worst tanks and trolls imaginable.

So please, don't incentivize every player to hop on tank just to make our lives worse.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Genji Xiii
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    So I'm assuming you are smartish and don't want the GOOD dps/heals to swap to tank. That makes no sense. But if someone is bad at heal/dps can you trust them to tank well? Nope. SO who gets to tank then? The people who already are... Those who are bad and are too slow to realize that they are bad, Those that are good and enjoy the class. The mounts will change nothing. Tanking is just not as popular as healing or DPS because it is somewhat a thankless role (though my recommendations somewhat disagree...), it doesn't have meters or tangible records of how well they are doing. So people don't like it because it's not really self validating all that easy. Mount... won't help.
    (0)
    I don't always pug, but when i do, it's with Pretty Ugly Guys

Player
    Character
    Alrik Rouge
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    IF they make a tank specific mount, it would be a nice gesture and a hat tip to the role.

Should they do it, I think it would be great to have it potentially as a result of getting a certain commendation amount. Then again, they'd have to split up the commendations received based on the role you got them in (DPS, tank or healer). Which would require a rework and zero-out of existing commends. Possible, but not probable.

But it would still be a nice gulf-clap acknowledgement to tanks in general. And then turned in to a slap in the face if anyone could use it in any role.

Just my two-cents on a rumor/potential-being-thrown-around thread.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kitru Kitera
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AlrikRouge View Post
    Should they do it, I think it would be great to have it potentially as a result of getting a certain commendation amount.
    Given how they added the unicorn for CNJ, I think it's a lot more likely that they think that class specific mounts should be based off of class levels. Of course, the problem that I have with this is that you get the unicorn at 30, when you can become a WHM (earlier, in fact, if you haven't leveled up ACN yet) which prevents it from really being a "healer" mount because it's not available to SCH, and only requires you get to level 30, which is ridiculously easy to do (before you even get your full suite of abilities even).

What would work better would be adding a new tank mount but have it require level 50 in either GLA or MRD (or completion of the level 50 WAR or PLD job quest) and then require completing certain content as a tank, such that it's more like a "relic mount" than a "role mount" (armored Warhorse for PLD; battle bear for WAR). Have it require beating all of the Ex primals (or whatever the equivalent would be) as a PLD or WAR and you'd see a lot more people flocking to tanking to start gearing up for the content and actually *do* the content. You can't really beat the Ex primals as a tank without knowing how to tank so it would actually require people to learn how to tank in order to get it. Once someone has learned how to tank and geared up the role, there is a much stronger chance that they'll continue to tank than if they haven't since there's the investment already.

Even so, offering a job/role mount is probably one of the least effective ways to encourage people to play tanks. It's a one-off benefit so people could just complete it and never touch tanking again. The most effective mechanisms need to require people to regularly perform the role, like the "needed role" bonuses, or offer an entirely new experience (e.g. new classes/jobs).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blackiron Tarkus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    While I would like a class specific mount (why did the conjurer get one?!?! wtf!?! rawr) it really wouldn't help the situation. Instead of tanks being around the level 40 range as Yoshi quoted it would be tanks around the 50 range, assuming that's when you unlock the mount. Being a tank is a thankless job and more often than not we gather hate from enemies and real hate from party members alike. Just think back to some of your worst ct runs and you get the picture.

Besides the instant que times is the bonus of being a tank in my book. But I really hate when some people abuse it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast