Threaded View

Player
    Character
    Wobbler Moonlight
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 1

For those with Verizon FIOS getting lag while playing FF14 on the Canada Data Center

Hi All, This only applies to Verizon FIOS customers, I'm sure that some other interested person for Sky / TWC etc can do the same thing.

I have just finished my 15th phone call with Verizon and finally was able to get through to someone who would be willing to do something about the lag that FIOS customers have been experiencing.

If you truly want to do something about your lag and don't just want to complain on these forums (That Square clearly doesn't read/respond on), do this;

1, From your PC perform 3 traceroutes to your server (for example Excalibur is 199.91.189.38), see below if this is unfamiliar. Copy and paste them into a notepad.

*How to TraceRoute*
    If you're unsure how to traceroute, do the following;

a) Press Windows Key + R
    b) type "cmd" without the "'s and press enter
    c) type "tracert 199.91.189.38" and press enter
    d) copy the output by right clicking in the box and selecting mark, highlight all the text and press enter
    e) paste this into a notepad
    f) repeat c to e 2 more times

2, Call Verizon on 1800 837 4966 (number maybe different in your local area), when you get through to an agent tell them that you would like to report packet loss and to refer to ticket NYEG0C1439. Tell them that the SSC requested that you provide an additional report and you have the three traceroutes required.

That is all you can do at this stage. The SSC technician that I spoke with said that this is like an issue within the level3 network and the more reports that Verizon get of this the more pressure they can apply to level3 to address it.

Sorry PS3 people, you will need to get a laptop or a PC in order to do this.

Good luck.
    (32)
    Last edited by Wobbler; 01-21-2014 at 06:29 AM.