Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Player
    Character
    Tashim Wyrd
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I posted in a couple other threads. While I'm able to connect to Aether datacenter from fios now, I still have trouble with primal.
    This is a large packet routing issue, that I explained in a little more detail: Error-2002-the-lobby-server-connection-has-encountered-an-error

Basically, you can work around the problem by lowering your MTU, which will make the server send you smaller packets.

In an administrator command prompt, you can change the mtu (which defaults to 1500) with:
    netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Local Area Connection 1" mtu=1300 store=persistent
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Methos Ranperre
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    MTU change doesn't fix my issue and I didn't think it would, but I don't have server list aka 2002 errors. I am also FiOS Boston.

Still getting lag spikes in the prime time. Still sending weekly tickets to Verizon. I personally feel at this point it is a throughput issue. Will update if I get anymore info.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tashim Wyrd
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    the mtu workaround was to still play while routers were misconfigured, this was, as far as I know, limited to the dallas, tx area.

for your lag spikes, you may want to establish a constant ping to your server, to see if you get alot of variance on response times. from texas, I have 45ms to 50ms consistantly, even in prime time. But, I route through chicago to montreal. From boston, you will take a different path.

with fios, you shouldn't have a throughput issue, the game doesnt use that much, but latency can be get introduced anywhere on the way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Methos Ranperre
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    My concern isn't the game's throughput at all. It's routers along my route I feel are getting congested from traffic demand during prime time.

If the router is congested, my speed really doesn't matter. The router is choking my throughput and dropping packets, which is what some call lag spikes.

I changed the MTU temporary because I was bored. As stated, I didn't have 2002 errors. It was just for the hell of it.
    (1)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7