Player
    Character
    Dagmar Keenedge
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Ifrit HM - Weapon Drops

I have been killing Ifrit HM for 2-3 weeks on my Black Mage to get her a Ifrit weapon so I can do other dungeons and CT, without an Ifrit weapon I'm not that useful... I don't know how many times I've downed Ifrit and I've only seen one weapon drop which I lost the roll for it. What's more frustrating is that I've seen countless weapons drop for classes that weren't even present. I am posting this because farming Ifrit is taking the fun out of the game, I'm determined to get an Ifrit weapon but I might just end up quitting final fantasy due to this. 2-3 weeks to get a weapon is firkin ridiculous. Can't you make it so only weapons for classes present drop and have some counter so that if you've done Ifrit 50 times or 100 your weapon has a higher chance of dropping? Just so frustrating
    (1)

Player

I gave up and bought a lvl70 crafted weapon :/ I think some dungeon drops ilvl55 weapons, get one from there and try downing garuda and maybe you will get lucky there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cally Evergrey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    You could do CT without it, i think, as long as you pick up either the grand company one or a crafted one. It's not too demanding for DPS. You could also move onto Garuda HM if you feel confident enough. The Garuda one is better too. Also, if you feel up to it, Thornmarch drops a weapon that is about where Garuda is at, 70 i believe. Queues seem to take forever, but if everyone knows it, it's easy.

I've run Ifrit so many times over the months, never gotten the Summoner book, but on my first success of Gardua, the book dropped and i won. The random numbers are a cruel master.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sarah Leonhart
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Skip ifrit weapon... It's bearly better then GC weapon... Tech straight up to Garuda weapon
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aija Dal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I used the GC one all the way until I got my relic. It's good enough for all content up to that point. It's just fine for CT, too (I used it there several times).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Itseotle Irracido
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    This is the second thread I've read about this lately, so I'm guessing its a growing concern. But realistically, you don't even need a low Primal weapon at all. As Rabbitzero said, you can do CT without it, and as TheCurls said, you can use Grand Company weapon all the way through to Relic. I suggest doing this as well (and I do this on new lv50s) as it'll save you a ton of time farming for lesser weapons. With some CT gear and Darklight, you'll make up any DPS loss from using a GC weapon, and with a decent group can pull your own weight through Titan HM. Good luck to you!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dagmar Keenedge
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    But wouldn't it be better if they changed it so at least only weapons would drop for classes that were present?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Milamber Canis
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I got lucky on my ifrit weapon. It dropped the second time I downed him and I won the roll. I ended up buying an astrolabe anyways though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Colman Meridius
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 56
    I remember farming my ifrit blade and seeing the blm weapon drop 5 time in 6 downs. I was frustrated, but hey now I have one if I ever want to lvl blm.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gabriel Celeste
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    It took me a long time to get my ifrit weapon back in the days too, about 30-40 encounters to finally get it. Since there are a lot of weapons inside the chest itself, the chances is really small. If you have a free company with decent geared people, better just ask them to help you get relic weapon, much faster.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast