Player
    Character
    Erza Skarlet
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

duty roulette bonus

they need to treat all jobs fairly for the duty roulette bonus. since its launch I have never seen dps on the bonus for duty roulette. I have seen healer 2 times. if they want to favor being a tank just start giving them double xp and gobs of money. all I want is a fair system for the bonus so all jobs can get that bit of extras stuff. if the guys making and running the game wish to favor 1 class type then say it and be done. be up front about it and don't hide it or just fix the bug in the machine if there is one
    (0)
    Last edited by erzascarlett; 01-20-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Player
    Character
    Celenir Istarkh
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    The Role Bonus is given to the role that is in highest demand at that time.

It's not given to tanks to favor tanks. It's given to tanks so that DDs and Healers can actually get into a dungeon.

The bonus isn't something that they just want to give players. It is the carrot on a stick to trick people into playing those roles in high demand.

And quite frankly, I couldn't care less about that few thousand exp...I get my daily once-off bonus and that's it anyway. That bonus is too insignificant to make me want to join the roulette.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Senah Kha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I've seen DPS and healer a few times. But even when the bonus was for DPS, it took so long to get in that I just don't really see a point in waiting for the small window of opportunity. Now I just do roulette when I feel like it, even if my role doesn't get a bonus.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azul Earendil
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I use it one time a day for low-level Duty, because the EXP you get for a fast run through Satasha or Copperbell is insane.

I got my WHM from 15 to 43 now, only by doing this one daily... it´s nice to do something which is not Titan EX, Garuda EX or something...

but im afraid, next time i do my Archer/Bard for Cross-Class Skills to my Blackmage .... i don´t think this will work out that smooth like it did with my WHM...
    (0)
    Never a mind was changed on an internet board, no matter how good your arguments are...

Player
    Character
    Jeyza Re
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    The once a day is great. Sadly, after that, the "bonus" is useless, since it doesn't scale (so as a level 42 PLD, after my once off, if I get Sastasha I get like a whopping 30k exp for the entire instance versus like 220k with the DR Low-Level Bonus).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I use the low level roulette to level up whatever alt class I'm playing on at the time. I could care less that it favors tanks more than anything else. I'm after the half a level xp bonus for completing the dungeon.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Larissa Blackheart
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zfz View Post
    The Role Bonus is given to the role that is in highest demand at that time.

It's not given to tanks to favor tanks. It's given to tanks so that DDs and Healers can actually get into a dungeon.
    Not totally true, this bonus is also given on Heists that can be over in 3 mins
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Cons View Post
    Not totally true, this bonus is also given on Heists that can be over in 3 mins
    Yeah and people trying to do them on DD wait forever since there's so few tanks doing them. The bonus is to get the least used roles into those places. Not to be an equal reward given to everyone for doing it. Plus, the role bonus isn't much at all. 750 gil and some seals at best.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Anakarr Slayde
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 15
    Ive seen DPS bonus pop up on it once. Never seen a healer bonus, always see tank bonus. This is because the ratio of tanks, to healers and DPS entering the queue is so bad, and its only getting worse. Ive been in a queue as a dps for more than 45 minutes now. The longest I have experienced as a healer was 27 minutes. I have tanked many times for duty finder, and I am tired of waiting forever should I need to get something done on another job. Everyone has things to do, we can't afford to sit in queue for that long. It is making the game less and less enjoyable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Stormy Plain
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakarr View Post
    snip
    See the trick with dps ques is to always have something else to do. Level your crafting, get another class to 15 so you can start dungeoning with them, run around solo FATEing, watch something on Hulu while you wait. Don't just sit there like a bump on a log, and after 20 mins don't go away for more than 30 seconds. Since 2.1 hit I've leveled 7 classes to 41+ through dungeons alone. If I didn't have RL stuff going on I'd be at 44-47+ by now.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast