Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lindis Hrafnvandrar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Having read, applied and practised what I picked up in this thread, I must confess my earnest satisfaction.

I started SCH only recently, and I feel considerably better after I applied some of the changes I learned from you experienced players. You wonderful people you. Thank you guys, you have made one committed SCH very happy. Not going to stop until I've mastered this job. (PS: my tank even praised my healing, and it feels great!)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sterrmann Opf'goht
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I must also thank you for your guide. The list of macros and the details contained within gave me the perfect starting point on using Scholar. Especially with the cross hotbar usage. This not only helped for healing but also for tanking as well!! BRAVO!!!

I have embraced only tethered to phys/adlo and leeches. ive gotten accustomed to using it manually whiles healing. Thank you so much for your guide along with everyone elses input in this thread
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Darnoc Whosville
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I use a /wait 2.5 for my macros.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Darnoc Whosville
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Wow that will solve it. Pet 1st I'll remember that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aegis Hikari
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50

Thank you and updates!

Thank you for the feedback everyone, I'm very happy to hear most of you have found some use in this guide! I've updated the guide to include some new macros and advanced focus target healing manipulation for all you gamepad Scholars. (and Non-Scholars) out there!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Primal Shulk
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Wow this is a nice guide, soon as my exams are over im gonna use these macros myself since they look EXTREMELY useful and this is coming from a relatively new SCH, I do have a couple of questions since i cant check this for a while myself...does the Fairy still follow you when set to 'obey'? also would placing the fairy remove 'obey' (in case it gets hit by a stray landslide or similar?

Thanks for making this!

+1
    (1)
    Last edited by Primal_Link; 05-06-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aegis Hikari
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Yup when she is set to "Obey" she'll continue to follow, and cast Embrace as normal. Placing her, (or even recasting her) won't change this. She'll respond to your commands and only cast her cooldowns when requested instead of whenever she feels like it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Primal Shulk
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by AegisIvory View Post
    Yup when she is set to "Obey" she'll continue to follow, and cast Embrace as normal. Placing her, (or even recasting her) won't change this. She'll respond to your commands and only cast her cooldowns when requested instead of whenever she feels like it.
    Thanks for that.
    (0)

Character
    Yahavage Silvanesti
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'm posting here to come back to this later, as a keyboard user who wants to learn how to use the controller this is going to be fantastically helpful, I love that you've screen-shot your ideal cross-bar setups, I'm going to tinker with this! I was never really sure where to start so I just kept defaulting back to keyboard, but with this it makes look like I could start using the controller
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valia Rosa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 71
    I've only just started playing with macros recently since they're kind of intimidating. But I do want to be more efficient as SCH. Does anyone use a macro that pops Cleric Stance on and off and swaps crossbars? I made two (with Aetherflow but I'm not sure that's working for me) so that Cleric Stance on goes to my dps bar and Cleric Stance off goes to my heal bar. I use echo to keep me informed on cooldowns.

I want to add that these in depths posts and comments are very much appreciated!! ^_^
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast