Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Haibel View Post
    I Edited this post to add a video to show what I'm talking about
    http://youtu.be/KL_JAKbXrJI
    See video ^ ^
    (0)
    Last edited by Haibel; 05-20-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Stray Jackle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Watched the video and i can say I have not experienced jig lag like that unless i am downloading something big in the background. Not sure if it was the video itself but it looked like your entire game was lagging a little not just the fishing. But that could just be you recording while playing. I can see why it would drive you crazy trying to fish.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lona Shiri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayJackle View Post
    Watched the video and i can say I have not experienced jig lag like that unless i am downloading something big in the background. Not sure if it was the video itself but it looked like your entire game was lagging a little not just the fishing. But that could just be you recording while playing. I can see why it would drive you crazy trying to fish.
    the graphic lag was fraps. That one 5 minute video was 5gb before I compressed it down. which is why it looks like poop in that vid. I live with a global connection lag of about 3 sec's. which is easy to deal with because you just learn to do stuff a second early.

The funny part about the Jig lag thing is logging and mining did that to me in alpha/beta1/beta2. And now it's fine like fishing was for me at that time. So I'll I can figure is those had a timer to start with and they removed it and put it on fisher.
    (0)
    Last edited by Haibel; 05-20-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kane Altrath
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Yup, I get this. Hadn't fished in a while but only recently started getting this, was going to post about it myself actually. It's quite a big problem for me (and probably everyone who has it) as it's bad enough to make me NOT want to level Fisher, which isn't great as I want to use it to make materials for my other crafting classes which aren't the cheapest around. I could deal with the problem if it was just a slowed down version of the normal fishing mini-game, but as it impacts on my overall yield each session it's rather unbearable. Please SE do something about this!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lona Shiri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Thanks for adding to the thread. I plan on taking my rig to work and doing another video.
    I just want to showcast that this is a connection issue. I can understand trying to combat
    RMT. This just isn't the way to go about it.

I still can't understand why the had this timer on bot and miner in early beta and
    switched it to fisher from open beta on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Are they EVER going to fix this??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Loony Bob
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I noticed in the video that you went to exactly the same spot on both jigs. Normally for me when it says "the fish is tired" then you should go to the same spot, but if it says "you have hooked a fish" (as I think it did in your video) then you need to go to another spot. Just me? Not sure, I'm not big on fishing.
    (0)
    doop doop

Player
    Character
    Lona Shiri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony_BoB View Post
    I noticed in the video that you went to exactly the same spot on both jigs. Normally for me when it says "the fish is tired" then you should go to the same spot, but if it says "you have hooked a fish" (as I think it did in your video) then you need to go to another spot. Just me? Not sure, I'm not big on fishing.
    I did it both ways in the video. However that not really the point. the point is how the remainder gauge
    behaves. you'll noticed what ever is done the gauge depletes on second jig no matter what.
    I made a second video that I never posted. I used the fiber line I have at work. And pulled a fish
    up on every single attempt. I however lost that video when that drive died.

The whole point is this shouldn't be. there's a mini-game, why have a timer that can expire
    if you don't have a fast enough connection. Either way by looking at the ARR stuff this is
    taken care of in ARR. That's if they do the same to fisher as they have done to BOT and MIN
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2