Player
    Character
    Sylkis Tea
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
    ... Every 5 minutes or so, it checks in the background, and if someone has created a PF party, a notification pops up ...

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Below is a comment from Hiroshi Minagawa in regards to a similar requested feature for the party finder.
    Can you add some sort of feature where we can select what content we would like to do and then there is a notification when someone creates a party for it? For example, if I want to fight Ifrit, I can check a box on the list and when someone starts a party in Party Finder for Ifrit I would receive a notification.
    1. Expand the party finder server so that players can register content they wish to participate in and be notified when it appears.

2. Make the party finder feature server execute the notification process at either of the below timings:
    a. When the notification list is updated in #1 (possible for 5,000 people to update this whenever they like).
    b. When a new party recruitment is registered.

This is different to the request given (I noticed that you said similar requested feature).

The notification feature that is to be added in patch 2.16 is an extremely simple message that displays the number of recruiting parties every 15 minutes.
    If it can display the number of recruiting parties that are relevant to the player and in shorter intervals, it would be good enough replacement for the feature asked for in Hiroshi Minagawa's response.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sylkis; 01-29-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kari Arisu
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    FFXIV is the only MMORPG I've ever seen that has so many server stress issues. Why is that? Why is every other MMO, even F2P, able to give us many of these types of features and be fine, but FFXIV can't? Are they using sub-par servers? We pay for this game, there's no reason that "server stress" should prevent any sort of new feature like this, which is very minimal on server interaction.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Cinicus Tron
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I love how he said that adding a feature would cause them to have to "enhance" the servers and so therefore it's not a good idea. LMAO SE you should be "enhancing your crappy servers anyways! Sick of the lag spikes!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Xenor Vernix
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I just want a refresh on the party finder window. It's stupid having to close and reopen it every 5 seconds.
    (2)
    FFXIV: ARR item database, ability lists, maps, guides, dungeon loot lists and more. - http://www.ffxivinfo.com

Player

Quote Originally Posted by ForteXX View Post
    Yay, another feature to disable.
    Choice is good .. pity I don't get to choose not to be pestered with ninja party/FC invites.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Monkey Nutz
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    This is silly. Instead of every 15 minutes announcing how many new parties are recruiting, why not set it up to announce something like: "X parties are recruiting for The Navel (Hard)", "Y parties are recruiting for The Howling Eye (Hard), etc."? Just have it announce on a separate line the number of parties recruiting for everything that you can recruit for, but make the default setting such that they are all filtered client side. Then when people check a box to be notified of parties recruiting for X content it just disables that one filter. This may be sending out a ton of messages that are never seen, but at least the filtering can be done client side and the message to players, while long, is identical for all players so shouldn't cause any undue stress server side.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Guevara San
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 50
    15 minutes is far too long for a physical DPS looking for certain type of content, like Garuda Ex or Coil groups. Will be good for Tanks or heals, maybe
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by RatedKh View Post
    I just want a feature to select what to show on the PF, for example if I want to do Turn 4 or Ifrit Extreme, then select both instances and just show parties for those 2 instances only, since I'm not interested on doing Crystal Tower or Garuda HM at the moment, those other results would just litter the search PF window.
    There is Search / filter option there already ...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fated Erskine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ForteXX View Post
    Yay, another feature to disable.
    SE is king when it comes to them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Godric Blackblade
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Now it'll be even easier for people to bail on your group without saying anything in favor of a more ideal set up, less loot competition, a more full group etc.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast