Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kevvy Alexandros
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60

Why undercut by a 1,000+??

It will sell if you price it same or a cent less, why gouge it by so much? I don't understand
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Ifrit Tamer
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    To piss people off that get pissed off by such trivial things.

Its fun.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Maya Neko
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Sometimes price are set at an outrageous position. I've seen housing furniture sold at a ridiculous price. There were 3moogle rugs being sold. The first was 100k while the other two were over 530k. There's no reason to even try to sell something that high, period. Also, realize that people tend to splurge on unnecessary things too. I bought a vortex couch for 10k only because the price was so low, although I could make it myself. There were other vortex couches listed for over 100k.

A seller sells their ware door a price they believe can move. Why should they care whether their competitors would rather keep the price at a certain level?
    (4)
    We refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. So we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

Player
    Character
    Eden Phantomhive
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Because low prices sell. If there was a HQ iteam selling for 10, 000 gil and another person selling the same HQ iteam or more for half the price then anyone would pick the lowest sseller. And this is wait I like to call "smart shopping".
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Maya Neko
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by EA9Sol View Post
    And this is wait I like to call "smart shopping".
    Bargain hunting/shopping also applies.
    (0)
    We refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. So we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

Player
    Character
    M'kael Jin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 3
    Hi, I'm one of those undercutters. The gist of it is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Ifrit View Post
    To piss people off that get pissed off by such trivial things.

Its fun.
    The more detailed response is that (note that these are my motives and not necessarily the same as everyone else who undercuts) I've already established my markets. I have absolutely nothing to lose. People entering my markets are deemed "nuisances," especially so since the vast majority of them are looking to make some quick gil for housing and whatnot. As such, most people don't have the time, patience, or initial capital to constantly get undercut, so they leave. I effectively force people to look elsewhere by crashing my own markets when they enter and then resume monopolising when they leave. If they persist, then prices remain low and both parties lose out. Dirty, but effective.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Woden Pendragon
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    why not ...some people just aren't that greedy
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Coca Cola
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    I guess a good reasons is to move the items. I spend the time to farm the items I spend the time crafting the item I can can sell it however i feel like is business. Is like buying at Walmart or out your corner store. Pick where you want to spend money I remember a heavens eye materia 200k 300k and when people say F that the sellers lower the market to sell items
    Quote Originally Posted by IfritReborn View Post
    It will sell if you price it same or a cent less, why gouge it by so much? I don't understand
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aerolithe Leone
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    It's not profitable to put things up for as much as you want. If you've grossly overpriced an item, mine isn't going to sell even if it's 1 gil less than yours. It's not me, it's you.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Jain Farstrider
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I'd undercut by that much in hopes that the other sellers will "give up" and let me sell my bargain priced item first. And if they don't, it is a race to the bottom.
    (3)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast