Player
    Character
    Denevieve Nebilim
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

At my wits end here...

I know there's already a thread for this but, I just recently got a new connection. Verizon FIOS, lo and behold the update causes lag issues with a lovely rubberbanding effect placed on top. -facepalm-

Lots of people are saying getting WTFast and the like has cured them of this problem, my problem is while that's awesome and such that they fixed the issue for themselves, if you're on PS3 you're kinda screwed. Unless I'm mistaken, I've not seen anyone mentioning a cure of the rubberbanding on a PS3. This issue didn't start occuring until they patched 2.1 in, now I have to move around like I'm on a server fashioned in Zimbabwe.

Bottom line is healing like this is NOT fun, tanking like this is NOT fun, doing anything like this is just plain terrible.

For the love of mike please fix this! (although I'm beginning to believe they have no idea how. :\ )
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Luna Maye
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    If it's solved by WTFast it's a routing issue. Square has little to do with this, give your ISP a call and maybe they can change something around for you :\
    (3)

Player

You even state you know there's a thread for this, and yet you clutter General Discussion even more with one more instead of posting on the existing one? Winter sure is bringing a lot of snowflakes in the northern hemisphere...
    (5)
    "Absurdity is the only reality."
    ~Frank Zappa

Player
    Character
    Denevieve Nebilim
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by cotti View Post
    You even state you know there's a thread for this, and yet you clutter General Discussion even more with one more instead of posting on the existing one? Winter sure is bringing a lot of snowflakes in the northern hemisphere...
    You're right, I should of instead made another inflammatory topic.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dalavon Ettore
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I also play on ps3. If you have a comp you can run a proxy and connect to one of the programs that way. However we're pretty much screwed until Verizon and level3 fix their shit. I've found it slightly less terrible than it previously had been. And the late hours are pretty clean. Otherwise...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mahtari Tomatsu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I dunno what it is about Verizon. My connection is fine, but my friend who lives just down the road gets disconnected every 30-ish minutes. We've tried everything to fix the issue, but to no avail.
    (1)

Player

you need to call your ISP and have them do traceroutes from your connection to the servers and find the node thats causing packetloss and see they can route you a different path around that problem node. Frontier did that for me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lyote Sharaia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Well, to be fair this one kinda IS a special snowflake, as he's not screaming bloody murder at SE to fix his ISP's problem, which is sorta new for people with this issue, lol
    (0)

Character
    Neru Silverlight
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylve View Post
    Well, to be fair this one kinda IS a special snowflake, as he's not screaming bloody murder at SE to fix his ISP's problem, which is sorta new for people with this issue, lol
    Yeah not exacly the same, and not a bad attitude neither...

They are specifically asking about PS3 though, I mean maybe there's another work around too.

You could use the VPN through your router too, if you have one... But I still think you should call the ISP and ask them for assistance like this person said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailstrum View Post
    you need to call your ISP and have them do traceroutes from your connection to the servers and find the node thats causing packetloss and see they can route you a different path around that problem node. Frontier did that for me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anita Rathkamp
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaTimeBear View Post
    You're right, I should of instead made another inflammatory topic.
    I wouldn't worry about him... Just another person who feels he can dictate what can and can't be made into a thread. And someone with the mentality to use the dumbest of internet terms no less..
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast