Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Rihael Eden
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60

What special items come from which treasure maps?

If I'm wrong on any of the following, or anyone has something to add, please do.

Leather map - Ahriman Tears, Blue Fox Hide, Lotus Leaf, Unhidden Leather map
    Goatskin map - Ahriman Tears (?), Blue Fox Hide, Exquisite Buttons, Morbol Saliva, Unhidden Leather map
    Toadskin map - Tiny Bulb minion, Cutting Oil, Morbol Saliva, Rush Grass, Unhidden Leather map
    Boarskin map - Wind-up Tonberry minion, Eagle Feather, Mariner Cotton Cloth, Swan Feather, Unhidden Leather map
    Peisteskin map - Bluebird minion, Chinchilla Hide, Dress Material, Frosted Glass Lens, Unhidden Leather map
    Unhidden Leather map - Nutkin minion, Dress Material, Mist Silk, Polarized Glass
    (5)
    Last edited by synesthetic; 08-07-2014 at 07:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Scratchington Post
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    People have mentioned Morbol Saliva coming from Goatskin Maps; however, I've done about 10 and haven't run into any of those. Must be a pretty low drop rate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rihael Eden
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Adding Ahriman Tears to the list, now that I see a reference to them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kirina Falkov
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Anyone got a clue on how low the drop rates for those minions are? I've been doing 1+ maps a day since the patch and have yet to see a single one... which is kind of disheartening.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Apothica Darkstar
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDan View Post
    Anyone got a clue on how low the drop rates for those minions are? I've been doing 1+ maps a day since the patch and have yet to see a single one... which is kind of disheartening.
    My FC puts treasure hunt groups together when we get about 20 maps and we do them all at once. We went through 60 maps before we saw the bluebird. Which at the time, sold for 500k on Exodus ^^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lemon Nate
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    We have a group of 8 gatherer going through all maps we have each week and we saw the Blue bird after 2 weeks? So it's a pretty low rate but we sold it for about 300k on Leviathan. :/

Player
    Character
    Robin Icebrand
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    This is what I've got, although I've very little experience in Toadskin and Boarskin Maps. I'd consider myself knowledgeable in Goatskin Maps, having run somewhere between 50 and 60 of them for Blue Fox Hides.

Leather Maps: Ahriman Tears (?% drop)
    Goatskin Maps: Blue Fox Hide (~5% drop), Exquisite Buttons (~5% drop)
    Toadskin Maps: Morbol Saliva (?% drop)
    Boarskin Maps: Eagle Feather (?% drop)
    Peisteskin Maps: Chinchilla Hide (~10% drop), Frosted Glass Lens (~10% drop), Bluebird Minion (?% drop)

I've heard of things like Blue Fox Hides dropping from other maps, such as Peisteskin, but I assume that the odds are incredibly low if that's true. There's also a Swan Feather, but I'm not quite sure of which map drops it. Regardless, it seems that all of the Feather drops are incredibly common, given that the don't require a player to roll for them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rihael Eden
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    I've seen two bluebirds drop in somewhere around 60+ peiste maps. From everything said, I'd have to guess it's probably around a 2% chance.

Just ran a search for Swan Feathers and apparently those also drop from boar maps.

I'm also seeing singular testimonies saying the Tiny Bulb minion drops from goat and boar maps as well. But I've also seen a guy refer to a toad map as a "rank 5" one.
    It's too bad there aren't say.. screenshot confirmations of the chat log, for some of the testimonies I've seen.
    If this thread gets enough traction, I may just start marking which drops are absolutely certain to have come which maps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Captain Lechuck
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Just got my wind-up Tonberry from a Boarskin map.

I want to say that it was between the 8-10th one that I attempted. (I can log on tonight and take a look, I know that the game tracks how many attempts at each map you make and I got it on my last attempt)

I have no idea what the actual drop rate is, but I can confirm that the item does drop from the Boarskin maps.
    (1)
    Last edited by OSUBuckeye4; 02-25-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nalia Danger
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Rare items I've seen:

Tonberry minion from Boarskin map. I got it after about a dozen tries. I've been trying to get another one to sell on the MB, but I haven't had any luck. I mostly get shards and eagle feathers, and a handful of other normal-quality crafting items.
    Blue Fox Hide from Goatskin map. I was lucky and got this on my first go, but I haven't seen one since. I want more so I can get the rest of the Highland gear set.

I've done a lot of Peisteskin maps with my FC, and we've seen a lot of HQ crafting materials, high-end potions, aetherial gear, but no minions yet. I want that bluebird.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast