Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Neru Silverlight
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by am0n View Post
    And I don't disagree. As I said above, what they do is pretty asinine.

My argument was with the fact that these people make your queues longer. Which they don't. They just make them more annoying (which may feel longer).
    I know, I agree with you too, that's what I meant to say. I also wanted to remind everyone that the problem is the people that keep doing it, and that SE can't properly manage queues. XD (a bit bored, or ...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinseykinz View Post
    Right...you are therefore both impatient AND greedy...

Not what 'join in progress' was designed for.
    I think there should have never been an option to add or remove instances in progress from the que. This should be on by default and not be optional. When groups fail too much they usually just all drop out anyway (in my experience :P we're not talking science here >_>)

This only generates more issues than it can possibly fix. (look around you)

Quote Originally Posted by Kule View Post
    Easy fix for this..

Implement a stat tracking system behind the scenes that stores the number of times a person withdraws from a Duty.

Then use this information to put these people into the same pool for Duty Finder groups.
    So punishing! I call discrimination against innocent players that just want free points! >

I likeeee it!
    (0)
    Last edited by NeruMew; 01-10-2014 at 03:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kule Ito
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 75
    Easy fix for this..

Implement a stat tracking system behind the scenes that stores the number of times a person withdraws from a Duty.

Then use this information to put these people into the same pool for Duty Finder groups.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Synaptic Striker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kule View Post
    Easy fix for this..

That is a sweet punishment, give them taste of their own medicine.

Wanna withdraw until you get the 2/3 progress? here play with more like you, an endless game of not progressing"
    (3)
    Goodbye, Final Fantasy...

Player
    Character
    Lolo Landerlu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Doo View Post
    Yes that is called farming and in every mmo. You force players to run content over and over to get the loot they want.
    If that is how this game is suppose to be played then how to you explain the option to enter a duty that has already been in progress? If that option wasn't there then when someone get kicked from a party or disconnected because of connection issues the party has to disband and re-que starting at boss one when they might have been at boss 3.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Buster Posey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLo View Post
    If that is how this game is suppose to be played then how to you explain the option to enter a duty that has already been in progress? If that option wasn't there then when someone get kicked from a party or disconnected because of connection issues the party has to disband and re-que starting at boss one when they might have been at boss 3.
    Simple, the option was meant to help others not for players to abuse it to farm easier.
    (2)

6. 01-10-2014 03:37 AM

Player
    Character
    Lolo Landerlu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Doo View Post
    Simple, the option was meant to help others not for players to abuse it to farm easier.
    If the devs haven't changed it then is it really abuse? They have not changed skipping CSs ever since it became popular. Its not seen as abuse anymore, its just something everyone has to do or be left out of the boss fights. Do I think its right? no, but its allowed and I just have to deal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NeruMew View Post
    I think there should have never been an option to add or remove instances in progress from the que. This should be on by default and not be optional. When groups fail too much they usually just all drop out anyway (in my experience :P we're not talking science here >_>)

This only generates more issues than it can possibly fix. (look around you)
    Most groups I join 'in progress' as of late haven't even gotten to the first boss before their healer leaves them...Usually NOT because anyone died (which would be shame on the healer in the first place on a trash mob pull), but because the party wasn't Speed Running/is New to the instance/ etc. Or people leave after the very first mistake/wipe on the 1st or 2nd boss rather than sticking it out...

I have only ever once had one group I joined before Demon Wall literally not have the DPS....even with me on WHM DDing, to kill it....and that was because they were insistant (well tank was) they they just burn the wall...instead of doing it the 'real' way.

Also, if/when I'm in a group where a tank (cause DD's almost never leave) rage-quits, we have always gotten a rep...in part because they DO look for later cues :P

So while maybe my experiences as both a party member and a rep aren't typical...I seriously doubt that most groups that get 'stranded' were unable to clear the content anyway and should therefore be forced to disband if one person leaves.

Not only that, but it would allow tanks and healers to be able to hold people hostage even more. 'Do it my way or I leave and you HAVE to finish without a Tank' 'Guys, if you don't pass all the gear to me, I'll leave and you'll have to recue'.

So I could point out that by NOT having the 'join in progress' feature, you would also have more issues.

As to making everyone cue, and get assigned either an 'in progress' or 'new' party randomly, and hiding what you get until you enter. It will not help. People will just leave when they see where they are/aren't. People do this already with the Duty Roulette.

Pharos Sirius is a prime example of that:
    People leave as soon as they see the CS for it.
    Others leave if they see a WHM healer over a SCH
    WHM's leave a lot too.

Or again, considering I get a lot of 'YAY! party chats as I get in or comments 'I'm new is that okay? Last healer left cause it said I was new :/' Yeah...if you think not allowing the option to select new or in progress will help anything, you're assuming the same people who are trying to circumvent the system now won't find new ways to do it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Koga Dragontaker
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Naberrie View Post
    If you hit withdraw you lose your roulette tomes for the day. If you let the timer expire you lose your roulette tomes for the day.

That should take care of it.
    How does this fix the CT issue? their is no roulette for CT, and lets see monday I do roulette coil 1-4, and a few CT and I am capped before tuesday, so i dont care about my roulette anymore. and if i did I do roulette then inprogress spam. And further, do I now need to withdraw from queue to use the bathroom or get a drink or take a phone call encase I miss a pop so I am not penalized? does not work
    (1)

Player
    Character
    M'kael Jin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 3
    So you're telling me any time I don't get the withdraw spam and my queues are < 30m but whenever I do get the spam and my queues are 45m+, it's just coincidence and there just happens to be a lack of tanks at the time (prime time even)? I laughed.

These tanks are filling in spots that other tanks (who don't mind a full run) potentially would have filled. Every time they hit withdraw, we all go back into limbo for a few seconds as DF remakes the groups. And those other tanks are probably ending up in other groups being formed because the group up in "front" is "full" at the time.
    (1)

Character
    Arik Gesi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 52
    Except that just as I said, the fact that person can keep queueing and getting an instance pop that affects you means there is no one else looking to fill that spot. That is exactly what it means. If that person did not queue (since they very clearly do not want to do the whole instance), you would still be waiting. Period.

If you get one "Withdrawn" from duty and the next pop goes through, then yes, someone else was in queue. If you get 10 Withdrawn from Duty and then nothing, it means it was the same person and that they were the ONLY person who wanted to fill that role.
    No it doesn't mean it's the same exact person What makes you think that especially when you get 3-4 withdraws within seconds of each other or before the df confirm screen evan opens or when you get multiple withdraws on the same confirm screen?.
    (2)

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast