Player
    Character
    Crysta Elizabeth
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80

CT drop rates...

Seem pretty skewed? I see a lot of same drops, when I ask others they see the same drops too. Given the large loot pools per boss, and skewed rates, it gets irritating very quickly..

I feel SE really needs to even out their drop rates and consider CT bosses dropping two chests. I wouldn't mind running it several times a week but having to run 12+ for one tank piece to drop (any one, not a specific one) is just ridiculous...

I find CT very fun, but it is often frustrating purely because of the poor/skewed drop rates
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    RNG is RNG. You can say you've seen alot of certain pieces, and others here can come and tell you they've never seen those pieces or only rarely.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Crysta Elizabeth
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    RNG is RNG. You can say you've seen alot of certain pieces, and others here can come and tell you they've never seen those pieces or only rarely.
    the trick is...when I ask others, they are seeing the same thing...on the same pieces... coil has the same issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'kael Jin
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmiley View Post
    the trick is...when I ask others, they are seeing the same thing...on the same pieces... coil has the same issue.
    Ask more people, guaranteed you'll find someone with similar issues on other loot. For instance, I find a lot of tank and MDPS pieces. I know people who complain about finding nothing but healer or MNK. And then there are many others who will say they've seen a bit of everything.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crysta Elizabeth
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrinn View Post
    Ask more people, guaranteed you'll find someone with similar issues on other loot. For instance, I find a lot of tank and MDPS pieces. I know people who complain about finding nothing but healer or MNK. And then there are many others who will say they've seen a bit of everything.
    you know, I'm not even going to argue about the specific rates here because forums will always say whatever they can to make you wrong just because they want you to be. My asking around ingame has had very consistent results but lets not even talk about that, someone on the forum will always swear the opposite...

At any rate, I really feel they need top make bosses drop two chests. Especially if more classes/jobs with different gear coming out in the future only increasing loot load. roughly 75% of my runs I see every piece trashed, which is pretty sad honestly. When we get more job specific gear in the future it will get worse. Most people I see hating on CT ingame have been because they required 10+ runs a week to get something, not the dungeon itself. We can already only get one piece a week, which is fine, at least make it a bit more feasible to get a piece. Some people struggle to just get one for their class I can't imagine how painful it will be to try get that "last piece" of the sets...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alberel Lindurst
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Everyone said the same thing about Coil drops until SE actually admitted there really was an issue. If you haven't noticed DRG drops have a reputation for being the most common in CT, exactly as they were in Coil before the fix. Wouldn't be surprised if SE reintroduced the exact same issue in CT.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberel View Post
    Everyone said the same thing about Coil drops until SE actually admitted there really was an issue. If you haven't noticed DRG drops have a reputation for being the most common in CT, exactly as they were in Coil before the fix. Wouldn't be surprised if SE reintroduced the exact same issue in CT.
    Actually, in our runs it's semi even, though only certain pieces don't want to drop for us. Also the issue was only with Turn 1, and was only that one chest dropped 4 items.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blowfin Jr
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    My asking around ingame has had very consistent results but lets not even talk about that, someone on the forum will always swear the opposite...
    The plural of "anecdote" isn't "evidence". You need to present hard data.

CT drops have seemed very even so far, and I've run every week since 2.1.

Nearly the entire DRG set dropped one run, nearly the entire MNK set dropped on another run. Aside from that I've been able to get something I've wanted within a few runs every week.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mikote Astra
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    This week i had 11+ runs with 0 drops for my Monk, 0 absolute 0 drops for my class ! How is that even possible, and dont come to me with RNG, this is something made by humans so fully random is it not !

And to top it i was in 6 runs in such a sitoation like the photo ! I wish you luck if something drops for you and you can get it! We are 3 Monks, well i supose could be worse, we could be 4 Monks !!

(0)

Player
    Character
    Zelia Sarrasin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberel View Post
    Do you even know what the issue with coil drops was?

It was solely on turn 1, and the problem was that one of the chests has twice as much loot as the other.

They don't.

It's RNG.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast