Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Sizha Akhabila
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

The amount of loading screens in this game is kind of absurd.

I'm not one of those people who insists the game needs to be one seamless world (seamless worlds are nice but hardly essential) but the number of small zones and instances in this game is greater than anything I've ever seen with the exception of a small number of handheld games like Phantasy Star Zero on the Nintendo DS.

Again, I'm not demanding the entire or even each region by one big seamless zone but loading screens while moving around different parts of the same city? In dungeons? Amdapor Keep, Crystal Tower, Haukke Manor and Pharos Sirius, to name a few are all cut up into three distinct zones abruptly separated by loading screens, three! There are games from 10+ years ago that were at least able to keep a single dungeon or city as its own zone, and it's not like any of these places are unusually large.

This isn't about not being "high tech" or "modern" enough, its about a basic sense of place. It's hard to feel a real sense of place when you have to click an orb or walk over a blue line multiple times to be teleported to a separate, discrete zone just over the course of one 45-minute dungeon.

Am I alone, here or does this feel kind of absurd to anyone else?
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Arcana Holo
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It doesn't surprise me since most japanese games I've played are like this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Celestia Raine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    PS3 Limitation.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Mikote Astra
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I fully agree with the OP !

Come on the city districts are separate and you have to load.....ive never been in a MMO where such things exists!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Brett Schilleriana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Sure no loading times would be great, but the loading times I've experienced have never really been long enough for me to care.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jon Targarian
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by homunyan View Post
    I'm not one of those people who insists the game needs to be one seamless world (seamless worlds are nice but hardly essential) but the number of small zones and instances in this game is greater than anything I've ever seen with the exception of a small number of handheld games like Phantasy Star Zero on the Nintendo DS.

Again, I'm not demanding the entire or even each region by one big seamless zone but loading screens while moving around different parts of the same city? In dungeons? Amdapor Keep, Crystal Tower, Haukke Manor and Pharos Sirius, to name a few are all cut up into three distinct zones abruptly separated by loading screens, three! There are games from 10+ years ago that were at least able to keep a single dungeon or city as its own zone, and it's not like any of these places are unusually large.

This isn't about not being "high tech" or "modern" enough, its about a basic sense of place. It's hard to feel a real sense of place when you have to click an orb or walk over a blue line multiple times to be teleported to a separate, discrete zone just over the course of one 45-minute dungeon.

Am I alone, here or does this feel kind of absurd to anyone else?
    How many MMOS have you played on PS3 give you access to larger chunks of land that are as detailed as FFXIV, or did you forget that this is a cross platform game and cannot be made only to the strengths of PC gamers?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jamius Darkholme
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    While I agree that it is annoying, SW:TOR was FAR worse, and that game was PC only.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Azia Merot
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by MikoteAstra View Post
    I fully agree with the OP !

Come on the city districts are separate and you have to load.....ive never been in a MMO where such things exists!

?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiken View Post
    PS3 Limitation.
    Even during 1.0, with no PS3, dungeons were seperated in 2 or 3 zones (or at least 2 or 3 teleporters who gave the players loading screens)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rekuja Azalon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    they take like 2-3 seconds... sure it breaks immersion but is it a deal breaker?

no.
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast