Player
    Character
    Jeyza Re
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by tOnni3 View Post
    LOL, What was your formation on Atomos ???
    Two people got to AFK? =P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aegis Elisus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by am0n View Post
    Two people got to AFK? =P
    It's simple enough with 4 melee groups, tank just needs to drag mobs up to (but not on) the plate. Generally you can't have your OT hitting Atomos for this strat though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nova Ultimatum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    random number generator generating numbers randomly again.

Yes it will be pseudo random but that just means you can predict the next result if you know the starting conditions. It doesn't make the actual drops any less random in effect. You're just seeing clusters which is entirely expected in any random distribution.

Sorry if you don't want to hear that, but it's true.
    It's not as simple as that. The P-RNG is not really a good enough system for determining the even distribution of loot and that's what people are expecting as they want fairness.

In practice, the output from many common PRNGs exhibit artifacts which cause them to fail statistical pattern-detection tests. These include:
    Shorter than expected periods for some seed states (such seed states may be called 'weak' in this context);
    Lack of uniformity of distribution for large amounts of generated numbers;
    Correlation of successive values;
    Poor dimensional distribution of the output sequence;
    The distances between where certain values occur are distributed differently from those in a random sequence distribution.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudor...tic_generators
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lily Lunaheart
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I see a huge amount of BRD and MNK, followed by DRG. I see very little caster gear at all, and not much tank gear. Healer is about the same as the tank gear. In over 30 runs I've only seen the tank leggings once. I think what bothers me, is when you do the raid back to back say 2-3 times in a row, and the same piece of loot drops all those times. ;x
    (1)

Lily: Are you afraid of my kiss?
    Jack: I'm afraid you'll break my heart.
    Lily: Then still your heart... You are dear to me as life itself.

Character
    Yuri Shineko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Last night in Coil all drops, ALL of them were monk gear. Next run we had 3 DRG and 1 monk drop.... What pisses me off is we can only get one thing a week, but when it takes a hour to run CT and the only thing you get for that hour is stuff that no one can use its frustrating. Even if we did have 2 monks in our first group (we had none and no alts) pieces still would have been wasted. Loot should rotate on a more even/random basis. Sick of going into CT and only seeing monk and drg drop, and Im sick of going into Coil and not seeing one piece of healer gear drop for weeks at a time. If you are going to lock us out so hard SE you need to figure out a better randomizer for this loot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aegis Elisus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaUltimatum View Post
    It's not as simple as that. The P-RNG is not really a good enough system for determining the even distribution of loot and that's what people are expecting as they want fairness.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudor...tic_generators
    Like a paragraph above your quote it says

Most pseudorandom generator algorithms produce sequences which are uniformly distributed by any of several tests. It is an open question, and one central to the theory and practice of cryptography, whether there is any way to distinguish the output of a high-quality PRNG from a truly random sequence without knowing the algorithm(s) used and the state with which it was initialized
    There's absolutely no way an individual person (or even a community of us) could predict the next drop based on previous drops. That's just not humanly possible. The spread of drops is evenly distributed (over a large enough sample) so it is fair.

You would need a supercomputer to even try detect if the results were not purely down to chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurikitty View Post
    Loot should rotate on a more even/random basis.
    Random or Even, pick one. You can't have both. By making them more even, you are making them less random and visa versa.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aegis; 01-08-2014 at 11:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ruethryl Corana
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    I can tell all sorts of stories when it comes to CT loot -

I've seen a ridiculous number of MNK eyepatches off of KB
    I've seen 6+ healer bodies from KB in 4 dozen runs or so, only seen the tank body once in that number of tries and thankfully I got it (compared to someone in my FC who wants the healer body but has never seen it)
    Last chest I'd say trends towards tank stuff in my runs, only seen a caster body from it once. Most other chest pieces I've seen 1 to 2 of generally speaking other than the healer one.

So ya, RNG is RNG. :|

edit: and for all the talk of DRG loot in Coil, I've been running it a few months now and still don't have a piece of DRG armor other than tassets and some accessories
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dalek Codex
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    I would just like to say "Thank you!" to those who are having issues with the RNG. I'm on the other end of the spectrum where I've gotten something I could use from my first run of CT every week since it came out. In terms of Yin/Yang, I prosper from your distraught!

Granted, I'm seeking either Tank or Dragoon gear, so the odds of this happening doesn't really seem to bad (1:3 chance per boss with 5 bosses?).
    (0)
    Always remember the Silver Rule:
    "Treat others as they treat you!" ...or something like that.

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alberel View Post
    Everyone said the same thing about Coil drops until SE actually admitted there really was an issue. If you haven't noticed DRG drops have a reputation for being the most common in CT, exactly as they were in Coil before the fix. Wouldn't be surprised if SE reintroduced the exact same issue in CT.
    In the parties I was the common drop was always monk gear (maybe it was because I joined as monk?)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cullen Dionysion
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    It sucks, but I do think it's just random. I was after the Crimson Vest for SMN last week. Ran it 13x times and only saw it once (lost the lot, of course). 6/13 of those times the last chest dropped the 'Crown of Light' for tanks. No joke. Ran it the first time this week and saw it (also won it somehow with 2 other BLMs lotting against me).

It's just Murphy's Law that the item/s you're looking for to be the hardest to come by sometimes.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3