Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ticdup Unffunff
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    In act you can rename the pet to You and it'll merge it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ayukawa Madoka
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Apparently you can do something with ACT to combine your damage and Garuda's. I don't use any parsers to verify that though
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yvaine Isaulde
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I see. Thanks alot!

Now you guys can continue crunching numbers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lunairetic Emx
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rin View Post
    You know, the more I think about it, the less value I think there is in using stat weights. Let's stop to think for a second... what does a stat weight really mean?

It is a _relative_ value of a single stat when increased above a baseline value.
    The purpose of stat weights is to incrementally adjust gear. They get less accurate further from the baseline (unless you continuously re-calculate them). Hence they should be set at a full i90 random or semi-optimized gear spread (or fully loaded).

If the stat values are pretty close (IIRC, CRT and DTR are closer for DoM than they are for DoW classes), then you'll have to get pretty detailed.

Ideally, you can just plug in the full gear set and calculate the total DPS, and then solve for the highest gear -> total DPS, rather than gear -> stat weight.

That will give you the most accurate BiS.

The main thing is that it's somewhat tedious to automate the "gear configuration -> total DPS" because there may be damage sequence changes (e.g. if you add +400 spell speed, your 'rotation' may change or your resulting ability sequence in general may change).

If you automate that then it's trivial to do the "gear selection -> total DPS estimate" and solve for BiS.

Even in this simple example, we can see how there is no such thing as a stat weight that can be used to compare the value of gear, as the value of any piece will be different based on current stats.
    That depends on whether you're looking for 100% accuracy or just Really Close To Accurate. Generally speaking it should only take a handful of passes of: (1) select a high iL baseline, (2) measure weights, (3) reconfigure high iL baseline in order to settle on a final configuration. Unless the stat weights are super close (which they are not for DoW).

From what I understand, the prior SMN thought was "max crit". Despite the "large" baseline values of stats in FF14 (400+ crt, 250+ dtr, with 80-150 variable), that's still a very large swing in stats when switching to a "DTR is good" paradigm, and you'd definitely want a few passes and re-setting the weights.

At this point, I think the only real way to compare 2 sets of gear is their calculated crit modified damage values, or more accurately, a simmed rotation that uses those values.
    For 100% accuracy, yes. Modeled or simmed. However, if CRT is weighted as lower than DTR in a low-CRT configuration, then you know to maximize DTR over CRT (CRT will never get better in terms of value when it's at max value already).

The issue will be at iLevel 100 or 120 or 130 when you have 400 DTR, and then maybe CRT will be as effective, etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Horaiyo Shirou
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    After reading the numbers and theories, I've decided I'm just going to try and balance stats out while maintaining 443-448 accuracy and i90 and call it good lol. Once I get boots/helm from coil I'll pretty much have every item to mix and match with, so I'll just tinker around and see what I like.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chaosprime Zero
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    So SMN acc cap is around 450 for Turn 5? I know Melee is around 480. Is 450 not a bit low?
    (0)

FC: Sanctuary of Zitah
    Site: www.zitah.guildwork.com
    Server: Sargatanas
    A fun place for all to come. GMT based but accepting any time zone. Want a place to hang out chill and get stuff done? We just might be the place!

Player
    Character
    Womble O'flaherty
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KaosPrimeZero View Post
    So SMN acc cap is around 450 for Turn 5? I know Melee is around 480. Is 450 not a bit low?
    If memory serves, the caster accuracy cap for current content (includes Coil T5) is ~435.
    The reason people go higher on SMN is because pets have a higher cap (and don't inherit food buffs) so ~445 or slightly higher is required.

Melee Acc Cap in T5 is somewhere between 473 and 482.
    It will be incredibly rare for you to miss with anything over 472 accuracy, to the point where I'd be triple-checking my log just to make sure it happened... but people have reported the (VERY occasional) miss up to 481 accuracy. Most notably on the T5 snakes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gerky Mayvian
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Dear god, new summoner, mind blown.... *Runs off to his rock and hides under it* This is not the post Im looking for.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chaosprime Zero
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelwys View Post
    If memory serves, the caster accuracy cap for current content (includes Coil T5) is ~435.
    The reason people go higher on SMN is because pets have a higher cap (and don't inherit food buffs) so ~445 or slightly higher is required.

Melee Acc Cap in T5 is somewhere between 473 and 482.
    It will be incredibly rare for you to miss with anything over 472 accuracy, to the point where I'd be triple-checking my log just to make sure it happened... but people have reported the (VERY occasional) miss up to 481 accuracy. Most notably on the T5 snakes.
    Cool, been a while since i played SMN though it was my main till i had to change to MNK. However i really want to pick it back up now. With MNK now just requiring Allagan gear, not much else i can improve on other than Myth hands however the CT hands are good enough for all content now. Seems a waste so now i can invest in SMN
    (0)

FC: Sanctuary of Zitah
    Site: www.zitah.guildwork.com
    Server: Sargatanas
    A fun place for all to come. GMT based but accepting any time zone. Want a place to hang out chill and get stuff done? We just might be the place!

Player
    Character
    Ketsu Wotaberu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I tried to read this thread, but my soul died a little each time this xxalucard fella typed a sentence full of wrongness. :S

Arguing so heavily for some pretty moot points (I mean, we're killing Twin without issue, a couple DPS isn't even a thing), and not really bothering to back it up with anything is just plain silly.
    (0)

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast