Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kalandros Shadowsun
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Yea I just can't trust any of these "Simulations", these "theoretically calculated damage results" are just not backed by any precise data as the game itself doesn't give that much info out.
    I'll keep going with what I feel is best for me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Luna Clear
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Doesn't get much more precise than a precise damage formula when it comes to calculating damage.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Blind Guardian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    how is it possible for the 17 determination from AF2 pants to outweigh the 34 crit from Allagan? Can someone explain how allagan is not BiS?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lunairetic Emx
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    17 DTR x 34 CRT is not a valid trade.

The other stat matters. What else you are trading if the other stat is acc matters.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yoi Chi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    So with all your number crunching on stat weights I'm interested in what kind of numbers you're putting up on extreme primals and all the turns of coil. It would dope if we could maintain the credibility of this thread with either videos/parses. I know parses are third party etc so maybe you could link to a google.doc or screenshot of someone elses parser
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Idleone Aceclutch
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by sackm View Post
    how is it possible for the 17 determination from AF2 pants to outweigh the 34 crit from Allagan? Can someone explain how allagan is not BiS?

I thought the same to myself,

my original gear setup has the alagan pants however my crit was at 564 already. I believe (from my understanding of the forum) that after a certain threshold crit becomes "useless" in terms of its scaling. so by sacrificing the 34 crit which leaves me at 530 I was able to obtain 17 det. the 30 points that I lost is barely a percent of the overall crit % to gain a higher percent of Det. so in that essence det is more valuable than the crit. I had to change my pieces of around but I believe I was at 497 int 564 crit 278 det 432 acc (crit set) and after the forums my gear set up has 497 int 509 crit 304 det 442 acc. I am still missing some BiS pieces and after my own assessment after running coil for a few weeks I do notice a dps increase on my constant dps if you were wondering.
    (0)
    "im not saying that we are the best or anything, its just hard as shit to find people better" - sujung

Player
    Character
    Nurse Joy
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by sackm View Post
    It isn't, but a lot of people jump on bandwagons & theorycraft math without regard to rotation / class / purpose.

IN reality if you get even 1 more crit from the extra crit rate it would be more DPS than the 17 det. Det is not a guaranteed increase in damage, it's a slight raise to the lower/higher damage window ranges. The actual damage can fall into the same range as someone with less det (or even hit lower than someone with less det) many times throughout a fight.

Only the lowest possible damage hit from both windows would guarantee that more DET is a slight increase in damage, and the same is true for the highest possible hit (within a few damage).

Since both stats are essentially "chance" increases, I rather bet on crit than Det. Though some of the best crit pieces come with det anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yvaine Isaulde
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    How is 1 crit would be more DPS than 17 DET, when infact based on what you're claiming, 17 DET increase the lowest possible damage and highest possible damage by a constant, while 1 crit, as we all know might not evein increase your CRIT chance by 0.001%. Unless you can provide on how much 1 CRIT can give, then there's no way in hell that 1 CRIT is more than 17 DET.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lunairetic Emx
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by xxalucard View Post
    IN reality if you get even 1 more crit from the extra crit rate it would be more DPS than the 17 det. Det is not a guaranteed increase in damage, it's a slight raise to the lower/higher damage window ranges. The actual damage can fall into the same range as someone with less det (or even hit lower than someone with less det) many times throughout a fight.
    I like how you say that "gambling" on a static increase in damage is risky, but gambling on a 2.3% increased chance to increase damage by less than the alternative is "reliable".
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nurse Joy
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorauku View Post
    How is 1 crit would be more DPS than 17 DET, when infact based on what you're claiming, 17 DET increase the lowest possible damage and highest possible damage by a constant, while 1 crit, as we all know might not evein increase your CRIT chance by 0.001%. Unless you can provide on how much 1 CRIT can give, then there's no way in hell that 1 CRIT is more than 17 DET.
    I think you misunderstood me here. I meant 1 more critical hit during the fight, not "1 Crit" as an exclusive stat.

The allagan legs, for example, give 34 more Crit than the myth ones. Stacking a significant amount of crit in one gearset over another leads me to believe you will [probably] get at least 1 extra critical hit out of it (as opposed to someone using a non-crit set that focuses spell speed and det).

I believe it's something like ~18 crit to = 1% more crit chance. However, this fact is based on another "theorycraft" formula that others have come up with, so it can and may be incorrect. A source for the outdated formula can be found here where the author found:

Crit Chance % = 0.0693 x CRT – 18.486
    While others have criticized me throughout this thread for not having solid numbers, I'd just like to point out that there are no solid numbers besides what you see in combat. I can't say with confidence what the exact amount of a certain stat must be to = 1 damage or 1% of a rate, because no one outside of SE actually knows the real formula.

I'm not sure why exactly they won't just release that info to us (official denial of allowing us to see crit % in the gear window), but that's how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    I like how you say that "gambling" on a static increase in damage is risky, but gambling on a 2.3% increased chance to increase damage by less than the alternative is "reliable".
    It is not a static increase because the way damage works in this game everything hits in a "window range" and is not guaranteed to hit a certain amount in that window.

There is no "gamble" with DET, you're right. It's guaranteed. Well, guaranteed to barely do anything. If someone (and their garuda) gets a few extra critical hits, they will surpass the damage that 51 more DET would "consistently" produce. That is my point.

If I stand next to you on a dummy, and we sit there spamming ruin, the moment I get that extra critical hit I've done more damage than you.

Focusing on DET "bets" that I will be insanely unlucky with crit procs and that it will take so much time for me to hit one that the slight few points of increased damage on the window edges will add up to hundreds of damage more than me before I get one.

This DET focus also bets that garuda will not get an extra crit proc by that time either, or perhaps will end up with less "enhanced pet actions" spell speed procs than the guy with 51 more DET. (Because if garuda procs spell speed more, he will gradually get in more attacks throughout the fight.)

But hey, what do I know.
    (1)

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast